MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it. It's meant to make it to where your chances of going to the hospital because of it is next to none and you just get a cold-like sick feeling
Umm, you are completely incorrect. You are wrong and shouldn’t speak about things you don’t understand that can hurt other people. The vaccine us highly, highly effective for preventing an infection and that means you can’t spread a virus if you aren’t infected. It also does help immensely if you have a rare breakthrough case where you still get infected but your symptoms will be far less horrible. You do not know what you are talking about but at least you mentioned it does limit symptoms.

Give me a signed, binding legal document saying as such, and I’ll get the vaccine. That way, if I end up with long term health consequences from said vaccine, up to and including death, my family will have recourse. Target already tried providing vaccines on site, which were J&J, that were tied to blot clot disorders in many of the women who received it prior to when target offered it. That was a hard pas for me.
First of all, CVS provided the J&J shots, not Target. It’s wasn’t many of the women who received the J&J shot but a small percentage. More women have issues with the pill causing blood clots than the J&J vaccine and I don’t hear about all these women stopping the pill.

The vaccine didn't cause blood clots. Correlation does not mean causation. If it did then that means mashed potatoes make people murder because all murderers ate mashed potatoes as kids. 1 in a million women get that blood clot for no reason at all, the supposed tie was coincidence.

Doesn't anyone look up statistics and then compare against pre-COVID statistics to see if there's any change at all in things? Doesn't anyone say "Hmm, these are the odds. Let's start counting people I know to get an understanding as to what the numbers mean small scale"? Doesn't anyone compare against other illnesses and other vaccines to see if those breakthrough cases are a high amount or a low amount?

That last, it's almost like people have wilfully decided to "forget" that they know all vaccines have breakthrough cases and act like the COVID vaccine is the only one that does. I don't know why that everyone openly acknowledged breakthrough cases in 2018 but now are trying to act like it was never known. (Spare me the sob stories that people didn't know, people thought the childhood vaccines 100%. Even the blooming idiots knew.)

You have a greater chance at getting blood clots from birth control
This goes right back to my point. There's a million type of blood clots. Why throw out the hyperbole that's obviously misleading instead of getting into the crunch, the real numbers? What's more reassuring, someone just throwing out a random blood clot from a random cause as a pure propaganda move, or someone who's dig around a bit and can provide information on that specific blood clot? I would think the latter since it means the concern is taken seriously enough to be directly addressed and proof of lack of connection is provided. Just saying birth control causes blood clots (no differentiation of type) just sounds like a smoke screen to hide something about that particular blood clot. Smokescreen aren't reassuring and people should fight misinformation with hard facts. Why are facts the wrong tactic but unrelated statements that are fluff the right way?

A lot of companies are not saying their employees need the vaccine or they will be fired. And this just in no unemployment from the government.

Religious exemption? My ass. Part of freedom of religion is that everyone else also has freedom of religion, including freedom from your religion. If it can't be pushed on you, you can't push it on them.

There are going to be vaccinated employers and unvaccinated employers.

Consumers are going to choose where they spend their money and where they will spend their time.

If Target does not have a vaccine mandate and Walmart does, I will spend my money at Walmart.

A taxi company in Missouri is refusing to take any rider wearing a mask or any rider who is vaccinated. Hopefully, vaccinated riders boycott this company permanently, even after COVID is over. This taxi company deserves to go out of business.

St. Louis taxi company rejecting vaccinated and masked passengers | St. Louis News Headlines | kmov.com

Consumers are going to choose where they spend their money and where they will spend their time.

If Target does not have a vaccine mandate and Walmart does, I will spend my money at Walmart.

A taxi company in Missouri is refusing to take any rider wearing a mask or any rider who is vaccinated. Hopefully, vaccinated riders boycott this company permanently, even after COVID is over. This taxi company deserves to go out of business.

St. Louis taxi company rejecting vaccinated and masked passengers | St. Louis News Headlines | kmov.com
lol how can you prove that your not vaccinated? kind of funny if you ask me just say you arent and they will never know lol

Dumb as a box of rocks. Actually, that's an insult to rocks. This is pure attention-grabbing bs.

First of all, CVS provided the J&J shots, not Target. It’s wasn’t many of the women who received the J&J shot but a small percentage. More women have issues with the pill causing blood clots than the J&J vaccine and I don’t hear about all these women stopping the pill.
They are different types of clots. The one associated with the J & J and AstraZeneca is quite rare, and much different than the clots that may be caused by birth control.

When I was on bc I was made well aware of the risk of blood clots. The advantages at the time (not just unwanted pregnancy, but other physical benefits) outweighed the risks for me, as they do for many women. However, I ended up having other side effects and knowing what I know now, I would not have gone on oral contraceptives. They can help a lot but they can also fuck you up.

Regardless, the risk vs reward for any drug or vaccine has to be weighed and a determination made by individuals and their doctors.

Can someone please tell me when I was inappropriate in this thread ? So now stating an opinion backed by medical professionals is inappropriate. Got it. Or I guess because my opinion doesn’t align with everyone is inappropriate. I haven’t commented on this post since it started but I guess now I’m warned . Which I find it laughable since I’ve always been respectful and if I was in the wrong I apologize so I don’t know why the admit decided to “ punish me “ but I rather not be on a site where ones opinion is deemed inappropriate because the admin doesn’t like it or not in his/she favor/

Can someone please tell me when I was inappropriate in this thread ? So now stating an opinion backed by medical professionals is inappropriate. Got it. Or I guess because my opinion doesn’t align with everyone is inappropriate. I haven’t commented on this post since it started but I guess now I’m warned . Which I find it laughable since I’ve always been respectful and if I was in the wrong I apologize so I don’t know why the admit decided to “ punish me “ but I rather not be on a site where ones opinion is deemed inappropriate because the admin doesn’t like it or not in his/she favor/
Take the hint. 🤐

What are you talking about? It clearly works and is proven, idiots like you spew nonsense and kill other people withnyoyr ignorance and negligence. 95.5% of people dying right now aren’t vaccinated. I’ll do the math for you since you are an idiot, that equals 0.5% of deaths with countless people able to avoid infection because they got vaccinated. Now the virus is mutating and will continue to adapt and spread because of a-holes like you. Go to hospital and talk to a nurse or doctor! Jesus!
Tell your parents to be proud for raising a person like you . I don’t need your math and I don’t need your foul mouth . I said what I said so be it. You want me to show you my cdc card for being vaccinated? Don’t talk about what you don’t know . Make sure to get your booster shot in few month. CDC “We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated. “ “ Experts are working to learn more about both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.”

Take the hint. 🤐
I’m sorry Tessa but me stating an opinion is not inappropriate language . We had our differences and I’ve never called you names or anyone in this tread and in manner of fact if you felt a certain way about something I’ve said I apologized for it .Yet people are saying I’m an idiot and I’m the one being warned ?

It looked like a general warning, not a specific person. To avoid a lock, we all need to take a break from the thread and let it cool off before coming back.

It looked like a general warning, not a specific person. To avoid a lock, we all need to take a break from the thread and let it cool off before coming back.
Not when my private warning is for inappropriate language . Besides I’ve been off this specific thread almost since the beginning because I wasn’t going to engage any further. Come back almost a week after and I’m being called an idiot and warned ??

@allnew2 is one of the most knowledgeable, informative, and helpful members of this forum. I absolutely do not agree with her opinions on this particular subject. But, what the fuck is going on in this thread? Can we please not run off such a great poster? Pretty please?
I appreciate it . We don’t have to agree on everything or anything at all , however I’ve always been respectful and like I’ve said to Tessa, if it got a little heated and might of said something I’ve apologized for it.

Back