MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

theres no current mandate from state at all its just the mandate for all target employees, they have already told the SETL that masks are required inside and outside, im just wondering would happen in this situation.
Workbench has more info about the mask update.

Everyone who got the vaccine is basically the test group for this vaccine.
Somehow, I'd rather be in a test group for the vaccine than the test group for the disease, even though treatments are now available.
It is true that some drugs have been found to be more harmful than not, but, as far as I know anyway, none of those were for vaccines (or antibiotics). They were treatments for long-term diseases where the profit motive is strong. Pharmaceutical companies don't make a lot of money on vaccines or antibiotics - once the general population is vaccinated, there's little need for mass vaccination. (Granted, we don't yet know if boosters will be needed, either annually or less frequently. But vaccines, even annual ones, are way less expensive than on-going, sometimes lifelong, medications for heart disease, cancer treatments, and the like.) Similarly, once a person's strep infection is cured with a short course of antibiotic, that's it.
Vaccine development is definitely not a new thing, and mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades. So anyone implying that this is brand-new technology, rolled out specifically for covid, is misguided. This quote from an article by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is especially cogent: "While concerns about long-term effects of vaccines are legitimate, it is important to be aware that the organized anti-vaccine industry has targeted this issue as a way to sow doubt and confusion about COVID-19 vaccines." Don't allow yourself to get sucked into their manipulations.

Login into the store computer & the info is on the main screen. Same computer for you would use to ask for a day off.
Reason I asked in the first place is because my ETL pretty much said masks on inside or outside and it effects my asthma greatly outside in the heat

again, confirm it on workbench. you have access.
workbench says the same thing. and our front end etl will write us up after the 2nd time catching us without a mask even outside. im the cart attendant and I can't do it with my mask on due to my asthma unless my mask is off. already done it to another cart attendant. thing is theres only 2 of us cart attendants that can close so im not sure what to do here.

workbench says the same thing. and our front end etl will write us up after the 2nd time catching us without a mask even outside. im the cart attendant and I can't do it with my mask on due to my asthma unless my mask is off. already done it to another cart attendant. thing is theres only 2 of us cart attendants that can close so im not sure what to do here.

Get a doctor's note.

Have the note say that you can not wear your mask outside due to your asthma. Specify that you will only lower your mask when collecting carts and are not near anyone.

When you turn in the note, say you will wear your mask 100% of the time inside the building but you need to be able to lower your mask when you are outside and not near anyone.

Vaccinated: you can still get covid.

Unvaccinated: you can get covid.

Previously infected with covid: you can still get covid.

Had covid once, got vaccinated: get covid a 2nd time.

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of getting infected with COVID.

VACCINATED people have the lowest risk of spreading infected COVID to other people.

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of being hospitalized with COVID.

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of dying from COVID.

Being VACCINATED is better than being unvaccinated in every scenario. What about that is so difficult for you to understand?

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of getting infected with COVID.

VACCINATED people have the lowest risk of spreading infected COVID to other people.

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of being hospitalized with COVID.

VACCINATED people have the lowest chance of dying from COVID.

Being VACCINATED is better than being unvaccinated in every scenario. What about that is so difficult for you to understand?
Nothing I understand all points you made. Thanks. Why can't everyone just understand people have a right to make their own decisions. Thank you for getting vaccinated.

For me, one of the concerns about COVID, even more than the vaccine, is will it (like chickenpox) remain dormant and come back to haunt those who had it, whether symptomatic or not, later in life with some reactivation that will be worse than the original manifestation. I would like to think that the vaccine could prevent this, but I don't think there is enough data about the virus or the vaccine to know this yet. More seems to be known about the vaccine than the virus, though, since that actually has a formula, is not living and it will not "evolve" as the virus has.

Obviously I'm not a scientist, but why would it act differently than other human infecting coronaviruses? Wouldn't it act like the others?

Somehow, I'd rather be in a test group for the vaccine than the test group for the disease, even though treatments are now available.
It is true that some drugs have been found to be more harmful than not, but, as far as I know anyway, none of those were for vaccines (or antibiotics). They were treatments for long-term diseases where the profit motive is strong. Pharmaceutical companies don't make a lot of money on vaccines or antibiotics - once the general population is vaccinated, there's little need for mass vaccination. (Granted, we don't yet know if boosters will be needed, either annually or less frequently. But vaccines, even annual ones, are way less expensive than on-going, sometimes lifelong, medications for heart disease, cancer treatments, and the like.) Similarly, once a person's strep infection is cured with a short course of antibiotic, that's it.
Vaccine development is definitely not a new thing, and mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades. So anyone implying that this is brand-new technology, rolled out specifically for covid, is misguided. This quote from an article by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is especially cogent: "While concerns about long-term effects of vaccines are legitimate, it is important to be aware that the organized anti-vaccine industry has targeted this issue as a way to sow doubt and confusion about COVID-19 vaccines." Don't allow yourself to get sucked into their manipulations.

Not all vaccines are mRNA. There are two vaccines using the same technology as older vaccines.

Nothing I understand all points you made. Thanks. Why can't everyone just understand people have a right to make their own decisions. Thank you for getting vaccinated.
Because in this situation it's not just about you. It's about you and everyone you share air with and everyone they in turn share air with. Like ripples in a pond. What happens when you are the source of infection for your co-worker's 5 year old and a week later you find that your coworker will be visiting his 5 year old in the graveyard for the rest of his life? Will you have a teeny bit of remorse for killing the child by your refusal to vaccinate? Or is the collateral damage fine by you?

Obviously I'm not a scientist, but why would it act differently than other human infecting coronaviruses? Wouldn't it act like the others?

Not all vaccines are mRNA. There are two vaccines using the same technology as older vaccines.

Because in this situation it's not just about you. It's about you and everyone you share air with and everyone they in turn share air with. Like ripples in a pond. What happens when you are the source of infection for your co-worker's 5 year old and a week later you find that your coworker will be visiting his 5 year old in the graveyard for the rest of his life? Will you have a teeny bit of remorse for killing the child by your refusal to vaccinate? Or is the collateral damage fine by you?
Ages 69 or younger the survival rate is 99.55%. if you have a preexisting condition, just like people did precovid, be careful and limit your contact. Quarantine the sick, not the healthy.

This is a novel coronavirus, so we know that Covid does not behave in the same ways as other coronavirus and is new to humans so no natural immunity existed resulting in this virus being able to cause more cellular damage. There is no certainty about how it will act in the future. It could "disappear" like H1N1 and SARS, or remain alive at low levels. This info is from the Mayo Clinic Preventive, Occupational and Aerospace Medicine department, which I personally trust as a reliable source. I am also not a scientist, so these are concerns/questions that I have. I have had a discussion about this with my personal physician (because I am a curious type person), and was told that, being a novel virus there is no definitive predictable behavior.

Ages 69 or younger the survival rate is 99.55%. if you have a preexisting condition, just like people did precovid, be careful and limit your contact. Quarantine the sick, not the healthy.

So you are ok with killing 1 out of 200 people. That is a 99.5% survival rate.

There are people that got COVID while being careful and limiting their contact. If being careful and limiting contacts was enough, COVID would not still be infecting and killing people.

Nobody is asking you to quarantine when you are healthy.

Society is asking you to not be a potential COVID spreader. You may get COVID and be asymptomatic. In that case, you would go spread COVID and potentially kill someone without ever knowing you had COVID.

People like you expect others to do the work while you do nothing. I am sure you are a terrible employee. I am sure you let others do all the work while you take long breaks and stand around chit-chatting.

Do you believe anyone should be mandated to get the vaccine? Do you think people that work in hospitals should be mandated to get the vaccine?

But your choice is putting other people's lives at risk.
It's like being a drunk driver. You might just crash and kill yourself or you could crash and takeout a family of 4 and walk away without a scratch.

You can get covid and be fine in a couple weeks. But you infected 16 other people and 2 of them died of it.

Your risking others health as much as your own.

Most masks are on clearance or cheap plus you should have access to those free blue ones (try front end, tsc, hr etc). Of course red tops are mandate but no extra discount.

Call your district hr and say that you have a medical reason to not wear one and you will sue if they take action against you for not wearing one. It worked for a pita lady at my last store. District hr called the sd and told him he had to leave her be.

Call your district hr and say that you have a medical reason to not wear one and you will sue if they take action against you for not wearing one. It worked for a pita lady at my last store. District hr called the sd and told him he had to leave her be.
this sure is tempting because of my asthma

A quality manager or human resources would say provide a signed doctor's note stating there is a legitimate medical reason to not wear a mask.

Last edited:
Back