Archived What are you not understanding???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab a snack....this is gonna be a long 1!

Can someone please explain to me why when numbers are bad and scores are red it's automatically thought that team members are the reason? Maybe it's leaders on up to the STL that are the issue. They are busy telling us all the stuff that we do wrong, how to do what we do, and how long things should take all while piling on more work when in reality they aren't physically doing it so they have no clue. Maybe leaders and above should allow their team members the time to do the job the right way instead of wanting them to half-ass it just to get more done quickly. Half-assing things only means that either you or someone working your area will have to fix the mistakes or possibly rework whatever you did because now a problem has come from it because a visit is in the building calling out the mistakes. And don't for 1 second think that they will have your back and say that they told you to do it that way. Make themselves look bad? They would never! So what happens? They throw you under the bus and make it look like you suck at your job or that you're one of the many working there that just ride the clock. Our store is being run right into the ground by someone who has no idea what he/she is doing. People are frustrated, guests included and of course trying to communicate to someone who is ALWAYS right is pointless so we just push on and try to do our best. We get no thanks or appreciation for anything but they are lightening fast in pointing out the wrongs. (Even if they weren't yours to own up to they become yours to fix/deal with). They are running their people into the ground and all the while wondering why people are so frustrated and don't want to do anything for them. My idea is.....LEAD by example and show your people some respect and I can almost guarantee you will see a complete turn-around. But what do I know? I just work here and have for a LONG time🙄. To my fellow Target workers who actually bust their ass and work hard for their paycheck just know that I appreciate you! Let's talk about it because I know I'm not the only one feeling some or ALL of the above.

There are other reasons. My furniture department no longer sells some of the types of items we did last year, so those comps are down...way down. We stopped selling mid sized lamp shades...those comps are down. Folding furniture? No longer sell 1/2 of the items we did last year. Those comps are down. Weather events last year or this year , school start dates. tax free weekends, community events can all affect your numbers. If you have been at Target a while, you will know these things and can back your numbers. If not, maybe you can learn. It's not always the tms or the leadership's performance, but it could be their history and knowledge that affects the ability to speak to the reasons.

I hoped and prayed that 12 bumping to a baker's dozen would make this dough rise a little faster than it did, but we kinda already knew the score on that didn't we

At my store “leading by example” is basically the ETL, GSTL, and a couple other higher ups sitting at the Starbucks, looking at papers, laughing, drinking coffee, and apparently working, while they tell every TM that walks in the door to hustle and that the go backs are at guest service...

If you are going to do that kind of stuff, they need to do it in the office in cognito. It doesn’t look good for management to be shooting the shit and drinking coffee, while the hourly TMs are in a minute by minute deadline. Did I mention all those higher ups drinking coffee and chatting have MyDevices (of course).

Document, document, document, It took us a year to get rid of the idiot STL we had that couldn't hire for shit and only hired teenagers cause they were the only people who didn't see his incompetence in a nano second.

At my store “leading by example” is basically the ETL, GSTL, and a couple other higher ups sitting at the Starbucks, looking at papers, laughing, drinking coffee, and apparently working, while they tell every TM that walks in the door to hustle and that the go backs are at guest service...

lol if i were sitting at starbucks while not on a 15 i would get cca’d for loafing so fucking fast

If you are going to do that kind of stuff, they need to do it in the office in cognito. It doesn’t look good for management to be shooting the shit and drinking coffee, while the hourly TMs are in a minute by minute deadline. Did I mention all those higher ups drinking coffee and chatting have MyDevices (of course).
Lmfao I mean management at my store might take a little bit too long "statusing" some days but that's really it. They all except for like one TL work their asses off more than their team members. I feel bad for your store.

Lmfao I mean management at my store might take a little bit too long "statusing" some days but that's really it. They all except for like one TL work their asses off more than their team members. I feel bad for your store.
And I feel envious of yours...

I appreciate everyone who takes the time out to read all of this. I feel strongly about the whole matter but don't know what to do about it because no matter what we communicate and to who...nothing changes although they have an "open door policy"🙄

I appreciate everyone who takes the time out to read all of this. I feel strongly about the whole matter but don't know what to do about it because no matter what we communicate and to who...nothing changes although they have an "open door policy"🙄

It is the current process at least you are getting the change over that I am getting where we get the bottom barrel leadership that drove out the ones who know the history and the ins and outs and were able to get it done with no muss no fuss. So now its chaos.

It is the current process at least you are getting the change over that I am getting where we get the bottom barrel leadership that drove out the ones who know the history and the ins and outs and were able to get it done with no muss no fuss. So now its chaos.
As far as leadership goes, the worse they are the longer they last. Immaturity, inexperience and inflexibility are not the building blocks of good leadership. Constant corrective action and kool-aid drinking from the leadership who have no clue how to get anything done isn’t the recipe for success, either.

The "chat sessions" are a joke as well as the best team survey. Sad when you've been there longer then almost all of your management and refuse to do anything the wrong way and they will argue their way into the ground rather then admit that maybe, just maybe, they are wrong and you just might know what the f*&k you are talking about. It baffles me how our current STL is even in that position with the way he/she talks to everyone like they mean NOTHING. Just flat out rude and condescending like we are all children. Is it really that difficult to respect people or have any kind of human decency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back