Archived What call button do you cringe at the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to cringe whenever anyone wanted a bike off the wall, now that I've done it a couple of times it's not that bad.

I suppose I dislike the electronics one the most. "A team member will assist you in 60 seconds." The guests get all upset when I walk by them to clear the call button before helping them :p

Seeing as how I'm a softy, Infant display. It's the only call button we have in softlines and 9/10 times the person who presses it is a pregnant guest with an attitude. The guest will usually ask a bunch of questions about how a baby item works, get annoyed if we don't have the specific type she's looking for and get even more annoyed if I tell her we don't have any more in the back. Half of the time I get there and the guest has pulled half of the strollers or bouncers onto the ground to "get a better look at it". And you can bet your ass that they aren't putting those displays back when they're done.

The jewelry call button is usually the easiest to deal with.
"Will you change my watch battery?" "No."
"Will you change my watch band?" "No."
"Where are your watch batteries?" "Electronics boat."
"I want to look at/buy this jewelry item that's locked up." "Sure, let me get that for you."

For me it's the jewelry call button. We constantly have people pushing it for jewelry boxes, changing watch batteries, watch bands, ear piercings and nose rings. In other words: for all kinds of crap don't have.

The jewelry call button is usually the easiest to deal with.
"Will you change my watch battery?" "No."
"Will you change my watch band?" "No."
"Where are your watch batteries?" "Electronics boat."
"I want to look at/buy this jewelry item that's locked up." "Sure, let me get that for you."

For me it's the jewelry call button. We constantly have people pushing it for jewelry boxes, changing watch batteries, watch bands, ear piercings and nose rings. In other words: for all kinds of crap don't have.
At least you guys have a jewelry call button. I constantly have to flag people down when I'm at the front whenever guests need help.

Whenever I hear the furniture one go off, I pray there is someone close by to handle it because I know it's going to involve a flatbed/team lifts/carry outs and things I don't feel like dealing with. Same for seasonal during the summer months, but usually electronics can handle that.

Guest service needed in House holds. Who is responding?
I hate when I hear that, because there's three fricking buttons that call that, and usually only two team members in Hardlines.

"Additional Cashiers to Photo Finishing"

Reason being that Photo only has one register and as such the button is only used when there is a major screwup with a pissed off guest.

"Additional cashiers to the front lanes."
This damn button. The cashiers at my store have no clue how to use it. They either press it when they have one person in their line and backup couldn't possibly be needed there or anywhere else, but then when I'm helping a guest and have my back turned or I'm at the service desk helping with something, I turn around and there's lines 7 or 8 people deep, no joke, and nobody has bothered to press it. It frustrates me to no end on a daily basis.

Furniture 1 and 2. Because one is actually with the furniture. The other is several aisles down with clocks and picture frames and I can never remember which is which.

Gotten to third request a couple times from that.

I think it was "Automotive Display." All the GPS units at one of my stores were located in a lockup cabinet in the Automotive dept in E/F near Softlines while Electronics was at the far corner of A/B. And Electronics were the only ones allowed to carry lockup keys.

I vote jewelry or fragrances because I work in the mornings and until the call button goes off usually no one has the keys checked out. So I have to call if anyone has the key, go check it out myself (Instocks TM), help the guest then track down whoever is supposed to have the key, give it to them, then sign it over to them at the service desk. It's worse if its busy cause the GSTL might take some time to unlock the key cabinet in the second step. I've had to do this at 1:45pm before.

Jewelry. Without a doubt, jewelry.
As Ringwraith917 said, it's hard to track down who has the keys.

However, in my store, they'll be signed out to someone who left hours before and didn't sign them back in and they're not with the rest of the keys. That means running around (our lack of walkies amazes me) asking other TMs if they have the jewelry keys. After a good 10 minutes or so with the poor guest just standing there after my,"I'll be right back!", the GSTL will give me keys for the guest to have walked away. It's quite irritating.

Bakery. They've removed it now. People are so indecisive with cakes. God help you if the guest is picking up a cake and it's incorrect.

Electronics button, after I asked the guests there if they need help & say no. Then, I am in bikes helping another guest & the electronics button goes for the prior guest.:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back