Archived What call button do you cringe at the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of our furniture call buttons disappeared. When I asked my ETL-HL about them, he had no idea, so I assumed they were stolen.

Reminds me of @Formina Sage and his spare call button that said "Fast service needed in meat. Who's responding?" in a non-Super Target.
There are currently 3 old style buttons in our fixture room on a top shelf they remain there because on occasion, one will break. Fortunely we have no phantom call buttons. We have a phantom gift card replenishment reminder.

"Additional TMs needed at Starbucks"

There goes 20 minutes of my life....

Ringing up annoying complicated orders at SB....

"Additional cashiers needed at the front lanes"

Omg are you serious right now....
Don’t you mean “all Starbucks trained team members are needed at Starbucks for guest assistance”

Personally I think the Starbucks backup and Automotive, Home Furnishings, and Fragrance call boxes are the meanest sounding. Indyme lady is throwing shade in her tone. Also anything that goes to third request.

Yes! Anything that goes to third request..."service level exceeded"...uh-oh.

Last edited:
Seasonal. The job app kiosk is coded as seasonal and we don't have a seasonal call box so for the longest no one knew what it was. One day I was answering phones and I got a call from seasonal (caller id said) and I uncracked that mystery but so far only a few people know. I told as many leaders as I could, I said it over walkie but... They apparently don't retain information

I told as many leaders as I could, I said it over walkie but... They apparently don't retain information

This is the biggest failing of Spot. How do you get college educated ETLs and STLs that literally don't understand or retain information about their business. Not everyone is cut out to be management, especially right out of college.

Yes, I'm looking at you Interns.

This is the biggest failing of Spot. How do you get college educated ETLs and STLs that literally don't understand or retain information about their business. Not everyone is cut out to be management, especially right out of college.

^Love, Love, Love this post ! Yep. Love.

"Got your degree? Ready to lead!" -Spot

Call button that makes me cringe?
"Annoying guest in seasonal; Who is responding?"
*runs the other way*

We have a mystery one that goes off about once a month. It's for a department that doesn't have a call button. It has a phone and the button on the phone does turn it off...but it goes off even hours before the store opens and with no one near that phone.

I assume someone has an old red thing and uses it as a joke.

Seasonal. The job app kiosk is coded as seasonal and we don't have a seasonal call box so for the longest no one knew what it was. One day I was answering phones and I got a call from seasonal (caller id said) and I uncracked that mystery but so far only a few people know. I told as many leaders as I could, I said it over walkie but... They apparently don't retain information
there’s a code for employement kiosk. Just change the phone to that.

I discovered there is one for GS Kiosk. Not what I wanted (guest service) but close enough.

Infants because they always need a guest pull for a dresser or crib or something and then they need a carry-out

Did I hear carry out?

Lemme get a flat...

Reactions: Dog
Call box response time is a metric, and third requests are bad, so leadership flips out whenever it goes to third request.

Guaranteed my 19 cent raise was a big factor on this. I jumped for call boxes when no one responded and I'd sprint (safely) to get them. Also making sure BRLA is nice via changing floor counts, partnering with backroom and having backroom training so you can fix counts and just backstock minimal shit you bring back after a pull can change the whole dynamic of things. Makes TLs and ETLs notice you. lol this 12 dollar an hour shit isn't even making me excited now, but I'm glad my fellow TM's get paid what they deserve...most of them at least. Found so many ghosts when going to backstock an item and also lots of vendor products that I was able to pull out and get merch'd.

Last edited:
Call box response time is a metric, and third requests are bad, so leadership flips out whenever it goes to third request.
After it hits third though does it matter? Like that's when it's exceeded.

Also... I've always wondered. At 2nd, 15 seconds remaining, it's that after 45 seconds, or 60?

An even better metric would be no callboxes needed because there are always TMs scheduled everywhere and instant guest service at all times

It's a real mellow harsher when a guest is mashing the electronics button and they see me standing some distance away talking to the BrTL about a pull or a flex, and I get the stinkeye because they assume that I'm the electronics TM who's getting paid to stand around and bullshit about the concert I'm going to next weekend instead of helping them in "my" area. Fuck I really hate the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back