Archived What call button do you cringe at the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Automatic restroom checkup
Still not sure why everyone in the store gets told this over the walkie but it sure is a ego killer when I walk past a cute chick and it gets blurted out.

"Fast service needed at bikes. Who is responding?"

They never just need a bike down. They always have endless questions. Or the tires need air.

We also had a furniture call button 2, but no furniture call button 1.

Automotive display was an annoying was as well before GPS moved to the electronics floorpad.

I also hated it when there were call buttons for xbox, playstation, nintendo, mp3, office electronics, electronics, portable electronics, phones, toys, tech toys, home improvement, bikes, automotive and sporting goods. There was a call button on almost every damn aisle in electronics plus they stuff in E block (electronics covers E and F in my store). As the single tm, you spent a lot of your day running from call button to call button.

Last edited:
One of the ETLs at my store has a call button that initiates a walkie test - "Walkie test 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

Only three people know about it and it really annoys the STL who thinks someone stole one of our walkies and does it as they pass by. Most people at my store hate it.

Sounds a lot like the Indyme restroom button.
It sounded off almost like that when you pushed the test button.
"Test 1 2 3 4 5 - 5 4 3 2 1 test."

When the LOD calls the checklanes and bugs them about redcards. So annoying.
"Additional Redcards needed. Who is responding? Second request. Fifteen minutes remaining."

We have a couple TLs who like to go on at length over the walkie about redcards. I wonder if we could just record one of those speeches and have it go off at 8:30 or something like the endymes to check the bathrooms and giftcards.

"Additional cashiers to the front lanes."
It's worse if you're at a store with green side and blue side. Because it will make that announcement, pause to let everyone cringe, and then add "green side!" at the end.

I'm not even cashier trained and I still cringe at that one.

It's worse if you're at a store with green side and blue side. Because it will make that announcement, pause to let everyone cringe, and then add "green side!" at the end.

I'm not even cashier trained and I still cringe at that one.
Green side is the worst. THE WORST!

The jewelry call button is usually the easiest to deal with.
"Will you change my watch battery?" "No."
"Will you change my watch band?" "No."
"Where are your watch batteries?" "Electronics boat."
"I want to look at/buy this jewelry item that's locked up." "Sure, let me get that for you."
I no longer have a jewelry call button. I just wished our no long had the boat and everything was out for guests to purchase.

One of the ETLs at my store has a call button that initiates a walkie test - "Walkie test 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

Only three people know about it and it really annoys the STL who thinks someone stole one of our walkies and does it as they pass by. Most people at my store hate it.

I keep hearing that at my store lately. Everyone keeps saying it's so-and-so cart attendant who likes to fuck around on the walkie all the time, but it's an indyme. Silly team.

"Additional Redcards needed. Who is responding? Second request. Fifteen minutes remaining."

I am laughing so hard at this. I've only been working at Target for 2 weeks, but that automated voice is ingrained in my mind and I find it so funny for some reason.

All of them.

No seriously, bikes. Hate getting them down, know nothing about them, guests take too long looking at all of them. I just avoid being near there if I hear that damn button.
"This is your restroom checkup reminder," guests just stare you down. It is so direct, and it doesn't sound like for everyone to know, but only you. Hate it!

"Additional TMs needed at Starbucks"

There goes 20 minutes of my life....

Ringing up annoying complicated orders at SB....

"Additional cashiers needed at the front lanes"

Omg are you serious right now....

Assistance needed in SNACKS

first of all who needs assistances with snacks

It's was always with some irrelevant question

I cringe at the one that is the farthest away.

Actually, I ignore it.

Photo finishing. Because although I am trained I’m not comfortable over there and all the past times I’ve gone something complicated has always happened that I can’t figure out. Granted, the GSTL and the LOD couldn’t figure them out either but still, doesn’t help me want me to be over there lol. I pretend I don’t hear it :(

I love the “additional cashiers to guest services” because that usually means in 10 seconds my light will be turned off so I can go over there to help ;)

Someone should change that to "Domestics" or "home furnishing".

I know there's Domestics, Home Furnishing, and apparently Furniture. Ask if you can change them, idk.

The Pets call button at my store somehow summons "Home Furnishing". The one TL in my store who has a call button in his desk for some reason that I know he knows how to program the things but won't fucking change it back to pets.
I know the reason for that. And its simple. There is no need for one there so since he wasn't allow to remove it. (the one in ours broke so the red phone was removed and the agreement is no one will replace it) he reprogrammed it. Hey at least its not ready to wear, shoes or seasonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back