Archived What do you miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashing pallets of casepacks into their respective backroom homes.

Being able to use repack boxes for pulls.
Having both PDAs and mydevices.
RIGS.
One Team.
LOCU function in the PDA
Being able to still do things without having to use a mydevice.
Access to MYWORK from the signing PC.

I miss not having everyone in the store stressed out at all times. (Well, except those people who just don't give a shit about anything.) I was hired to work Q4 in toys. Not exactly stress free, but we made it work, laughed and had fun with it. Now, with modernization everyone on the salesfloor is so tense all the time. I can't just have a normal conversation with someone when I'm in their area. I have to hear a rant about the new process and leadership every time.

Gone are the days when I could stop and chat for a couple of minutes with my favorite style TM about her kid's latest Lego creations. Now, I'm just going to get a rant about less hours and unreasonable expectations.

I miss coming clean and leaving with a good zone at the end of the night.
The old days of price change (pre-2013), even when we had to come in at 4am because of the huge workload.
Our wet photo lab, being dayside backroom, and my friends who worked backroom that I knew I could easily distract. :)

I miss doing reshop. I know, I'm nuts. But I actually really enjoyed it except for cosmetics. It got me off the lanes for a bit, got me moving, I could have completely different types of conversations with guests without having to push Red and Cartwheel, and I was able to familiarize myself with the store layout. Plus, I was pretty darned good and fast at it. I was frequently the first one asked to switch over when the lanes quieted down enough for us to spare someone or the reshop got so overwhelming that we needed to peel someone away.

I miss working on the INSTOCKS team. Those were my favorite days in my whole time at Target.
We got a LOT of necessary push to the floor EVERY day.
But DON'T miss the RAINCHECK pads ! (you're a veteran if you remember those!)
You’re a veteran if you remember raincheck BOXES and filling out individual forms for each dpci for each box.

Backroom team to pull everything:(

I second this

along with:

ETLs that are actually knowledgeable in their respective areas, a backroom team that has the hours, staffing, knowledge, ability and that special sauce to keep the backroom from looking like the disaster hells cape it is now, a Instocks team, Plano, price change.

A BLOODY CLOSED BACKROOM!!!!!!

and

so so much more.

basically the system we were using 10+ years ago.

Pizza Hut
Instocks team
PDAs, especially pulling on PDAs
Fitting Room Operator
Bowling
Coming clean most days
myWork 1.0
Picking SFS batches in three-tiers
Tubs
Being able to call for the "LOD" instead of having to consult the schedule, a flowchart, and a horoscope to figure out who I need to call for
Pricing team + not having tons of salvage on the floor
Being able to print POG labels in Store Applications + In-Store Signing

I miss so much. The fast, fun and friendly culture seemed silly until it was gone. I miss hearing positivity on the walkies, “Great job! Thank you!” I never hear anything like that anymore. People are salty on channel one.

I miss plano team so much. We had the greatest team at one point. I was in my young 20's working with four other women 55+, and we had the best time doing huge sets together. I will always remember when one said to me, "Do you think they'd notice if we went into the garden center and smoked a bowl?" 😂😂😂 I miss the camaraderie and the teamwork so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back