What do you think of p fresh so far?

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
From a "guest" point of view I like it. I've been to one that just finished up work in March and I may do some shopping there plus use my 5% from the check card. plus any coupons

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Pfresh is a blessing and a curse. Your choices in grocery increase, but it is very difficult to maintain. It is HIGHLY recommended to train your CTLs and PAs hard. A simple sense of urgency will help tremendously. Maintain the zone, detail and do not over fill shelves!

It is the only workcenter where time seems to fly by. Sure it takes a lot of work but I enjoy it. I do think that you need a minimum of 3 Tms during the day and 2 at night to properly run it though.

I couldnt agree with you more. For some stores, payrol doesnt allow them to have minimum of 3 Tms during the day and 2 at night.

When i took a hardlines shift from the swap board, time went by so slow. The next day, while working my 8 hr p fresh closing shift, time went by so fast because there is so much more to do.
Yeah we appearently don't. Since we only have one tm there most of the time on non-truck days. I went in the other day for a p-fresh shift and one of the TL's(we have 2 for the area plus the dry market TL who pretty much is an unofficial 3 TL for the section) was surprised I was there to help him since it wasn't a truck day.

ShftsvnSTO

B-CODE/BACKSTOCK MASTER
As a shopper I love it since it gives me more options and hate it since we're not as full as we should be.
As an employee I hate it since dayside keeps messing everything up (from location accuracy to not line dating/ incorrectly dating bakery) for my overnight team.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
How does it work out at the registers? Is their codes that every salesfloor team have to remember for produce?
There should be a laminated sheet at your registers that have all the codes for foodstuffs.

Our registers not only have the laminated sheets but we have a smaller paper taped to each register that have the most common fruit and veggie codes. Also nothing is weighed, they are charged either per bag/box, or per apple/banana/etc...

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
There should be a laminated sheet at your registers that have all the codes for foodstuffs.

Our registers not only have the laminated sheets but we have a smaller paper taped to each register that have the most common fruit and veggie codes. Also nothing is weighed, they are charged either per bag/box, or per apple/banana/etc...
You wouldn't believe how many guests have tried to argue with me over the price of their bananas. I keep explaining that we don't sell them by weight, but they only seem to believe it when the market TL tells them 10 minutes later. (I actually had one lady yell at me for putting my hand down on the scanner because she thought I was "pushing the scale".) Also, why is the code for bananas (8011) different from the PLU on the Chiquita stickers (4011)?

4011 is for single banana.
8011 is for multi bananas.
I used the wrong code because I forget I am not at the self ckout at my local grocery store.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
4011 is for bananas sold by weight.
8011 is for bananas sold by eaches.
Thanks! None of the other cashiers at my store seem to know, and I've never thought to ask the GSTLs or market TL. Maybe now the newbies will do it right once I tell them...

From my experience as a "guest" I don't even shop where I work. They don't pay me enough to shop at Target. And I've compared the prices of items in our pfresh to that of other grocery stores in my area and Targets prices are still higher even with my 10% discount....

So really I don't care much for pfresh. It's pointless in my opinion...

Last edited:

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I shop at pfresh but only for the marked down items. If you do it every day and just buy what has been tagged for sell-by, you can save some serious money.

Formina Sage💯

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
From my experience as a "guest" I don't even shop where I work. They don't pay me enough to shop at Target. And I've compared the prices of items in our pfresh to that of other grocery stores in my area and Targets prices are still higher even with my 10% discount....

So really I don't care much for pfresh. It's pointless in my opinion...
The focus with pFresh is to make more non-superT stores the "one-shop stop" for guests, especially for those quick after-work supper runs.

Thanks! None of the other cashiers at my store seem to know, and I've never thought to ask the GSTLs or market TL. Maybe now the newbies will do it right once I tell them...
Also for PA's or CTL's placing orders, 4012 is for yellow(ripe) bananas and 4013 is for still green bananas :)

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

As a guest with the red card and my discount, I really like it. In my area, i get really good deals on the basics such as milk and eggs. At my local giant stores, fat free milk is 3.99. At my local targets including my own, it is 2.99 before my discounts. There are certain items they are same price as giant but with the discounts, it helps me and family out a lot.

As a employee, its very busy and stressful work. You have a team that works together to make p fresh the best it can be. If you have people trying to make the people you directly work with look bad, things will be stressful. It also sucks, as in my case, were you have the backroom team member who works solely in the p fresh coolers and freezers, blame me for the coolers and freezers location accuracy going down. Yes, this one tm blames for our lower br accuracy numbers going down. (NOTE, i work in the backroom p fresh area once a week while he works there 5 days a week)

I have a question for discussion? What's the price for banana at YOUR store currently? I am curious if it is the same in all areas or changes depending on area. Discuss

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

ours is .24 cents a banana. When we opened p fresh last october, it was .19 cents a banana

OP
OP
B

Barcode

Produce isn't weighed??? Blasphemy!

Thats kinda weird considering we weigh all our stuff at SuperT.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Produce isn't weighed??? Blasphemy!

Thats kinda weird considering we weigh all our stuff at SuperT.
yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.."
"no.. you dont.. but hey what do i know im only the team leader of the pfresh area.."

"yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.." "

It's funny you get that reaction. We sell items by both weight and the piece at my SuperTarget and occasionally produce will mistakenly sign the cherries or grapes as x.xx per ea. instead of per pound. Guests are very quick to spot that and tell us they want their giant bag of grapes for 2.49 instead of the 8.00 its supposed to cost.

Guests also like to mix different items into the same bag because they think that if they are all priced the same it doesn't matter. We spend a lot of time educating these folks--

"I don't mind if you put them in the same bag, ma'am, but maybe next time you could leave it open instead of triple tying it, extra tight, shut."

Although one cashier had a guest refuse the produce the cashier had to take out of a bag and separate to ring it accurately. She didn't like the fact that the cashier had touched it--apparently she doesn't realize how many people handle the produce before it even gets to our store (or maybe isn't planning to wash it?!). Actually, I think she was just being pissy.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
"yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.." "

It's funny you get that reaction. We sell items by both weight and the piece at my SuperTarget and occasionally produce will mistakenly sign the cherries or grapes as x.xx per ea. instead of per pound. Guests are very quick to spot that and tell us they want their giant bag of grapes for 2.49 instead of the 8.00 its supposed to cost.

Guests also like to mix different items into the same bag because they think that if they are all priced the same it doesn't matter. We spend a lot of time educating these folks--

"I don't mind if you put them in the same bag, ma'am, but maybe next time you could leave it open instead of triple tying it, extra tight, shut."

Although one cashier had a guest refuse the produce the cashier had to take out of a bag and separate to ring it accurately. She didn't like the fact that the cashier had touched it--apparently she doesn't realize how many people handle the produce before it even gets to our store (or maybe isn't planning to wash it?!). Actually, I think she was just being pissy.

I do love those picky/stupid/stubborn people... keeps the day different and new...

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

My store does 7am unload for p fresh trailers. Our truck usually comes between 6am and 8am.

Working in a expanded Market for a year and then having Pfresh for two years after it sometimes I long for the days of having the expanded Market back. I miss zoning dry and them not worrying about the freezers or coolers. Now only overnight zones dry.

Target can be cheap on their groceries. While I like better quality food I'm not picky and enjoy Market Pantry. The cereal is very comparative to brand names, the snacks are unique (those chocolate filled cookies are divine!), the pancake mix is great, nothing wrong with the mac and cheese, etc. While the other grocery stores (esp ShopRite, Pathmark, etc) are much cheaper on many things, they do not have as much store brands as Target. I spent $50 on mainly MP and a S&D steak that was marked down and got a crapload of food which was not all really cheap stuff like soup or mac and cheese. It surprised me. Every so often they have $5 off $50 in grocery coupons too. Just wish they'd bring back the 10% off of home brands months.

We were promised by all the higher ups that P-Fresh was going to bring so much money in, sales were going to explode, hours were going to skyrocket, etc...

We always had a 4 am P-Fresh unload process, I'm talking about O/N Logistics. Apparently we were set to go to 4am a year ago, but the decision was made to wait until P-Fresh to come "save us" Needless to say, it didn't happen. A few months after the remodel was complete, word came down that we were switching to 4am.

I like it, but I feel like they really hyped it up and made way too many promises they couldn't keep. Lots of people were disappointed about having to transfer or quit.

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Well my team lead in p fresh does not do everything she is suppose to do. In our freezer bunkers, we have frozen hamburgers on the left side and literlly nothing right side freezer bunker. I know, as a both a p fresh backroom TM and a market TM, that we can put something in the right bunker.
Heck, if i knew how to and had permission, i would have filled the bunker a long time ago. But our TL hasnt filled the bunker. As a TL, she knows are freezer is really heavy and we need to do something to clear space. If she or even our PAs, would fill the bunker, we would have a lot of space in our freezer. That in turn will help our backroom backstock faster and more effectually.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Well my team lead in p fresh does not do everything she is suppose to do. In our freezer bunkers, we have frozen hamburgers on the left side and literlly nothing right side freezer bunker. I know, as a both a p fresh backroom TM and a market TM, that we can put something in the right bunker.
Heck, if i knew how to and had permission, i would have filled the bunker a long time ago. But our TL hasnt filled the bunker. As a TL, she knows are freezer is really heavy and we need to do something to clear space. If she or even our PAs, would fill the bunker, we would have a lot of space in our freezer. That in turn will help our backroom backstock faster and more effectually.

Unless your plano is different.. that would be the value bunker adjacency. Currently it has corndogs in it..it will soon be revisioned to tyson frozen chicken nuggets/patties/strips

check for freezer.. you might have alot of corn dogs backstocked... and tell your TL to follow planogram and sales planners.. theyre there for a reason.

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

We do have a lot of corn dogs backstocked. I mean a lot. I actually went to another target and saw there bunker. It too had corn dogs in it. I see her tomorrow and I will tell her it needs to be done.

Once we actually fill the bunker, we will have room in our freezer. Lately, we have been backed up in our freezer to the point of making temp green rolling cart locations. I know it will help us. I will also suggest to TPC the corn dogs so we can make room.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
We do have a lot of corn dogs backstocked. I mean a lot. I actually went to another target and saw there bunker. It too had corn dogs in it. I see her tomorrow and I will tell her it needs to be done.

Once we actually fill the bunker, we will have room in our freezer. Lately, we have been backed up in our freezer to the point of making temp green rolling cart locations. I know it will help us. I will also suggest to TPC the corn dogs so we can make room.
Wait a day to see how the corn dogs sell before you TPC them.. when people just see them.. they buy it regardless of price. And dont ask your TL.. just do it. If she complains tell her its best practice to follow the bunker direction. If she complains be sure to give a heads up to your ETL that the TL isnt following best practice.

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Where on workbench can i find the bunker planogram set so I can print out labels and drop POG batches?

Formina Sage💯

Staff member
Administrator
Online Planogram. You have to know either the sales floor location (aisle number) of the bunker or the department of the product that is being set there so you can search it. Otherwise if you have the exact planogram numbers you can type them in and print out the POGs.

Formina Sage💯

Staff member
Administrator
Oh, I may have misread your question. Disregard if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, although I think the other thread answered your question.

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Thanks sage and pet. I will check workbench when i go to work tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

I shop at pfresh but only for the marked down items. If you do it every day and just buy what has been tagged for sell-by, you can save some serious money.
Especially the meat. We have a few grocery stores around the same block as us so we dont really sell meat. It end up always being marked down.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Our big curtain is coming down this week! Now we're doing clean-up & the final punch list.
I'll miss our remodel ETL. She was great!

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

You can do both, with your etl/lod's ok. Mostly due to amt & date.
I should have been more specific. He said since a few grocery stores around the same block as us so we dont really sell meat. It end up always being marked down. So i meant to say is the meat at his target TPC or couponed

OP
OP
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

I just love when our PAs order 4 cases of ground beef that goes on sale this week but the distribution center gives us 8 cases along with the 4 our PAs ordered. 12 cases of ground beek in one truck.

Formina Sage💯

Staff member
Administrator
Umm we had 3 Pallets of 30 cases each on our truck! They effectively doubled what they were originally going to send us.