Archived What do you think of p fresh so far?

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
FDC. They keep pushing a bunch of shortdated stuff and expect our teeny tiny pFresh store to be able to sell through it all? HAH

Our pfresh has been doing pretty good right now. We've got 1 team lead and 2 PAs. Our PAs split up responsibility's, so one is more on the floor with our TL and the other manages the coolers/freezers out back. We actually give our pfresh team the hours for backstocking/maintaining the coolers/freezers instead of the backroom now.

They just changed our order days from mon/wed/fri to tues/thurs/saturday. We had some issues with the order coming late and overnight being unable to help on most days...this should hopefully fix both of those.

The only thing that's been really annoying is trying to guess peoples buying habits. I swear its every other week, blackberries are the "in" thing to buy or something :)

It took my team awhile as well to figure out high selling items... My store is in an less than ideal area so we get a mix of middle income to low income families.. so like you said, one week you cant keep something instock.. next week your QMOSing all your backstock of it...

We are about 3 months after turnover so we have a good idea of our high turnover items.. be patient.. youll get it.

and by "your coolers/freezer out back" you meant in the backroom right? not like... literally out back... lol
The only thing that's been really annoying is trying to guess peoples buying habits. I swear its every other week, blackberries are the "in" thing to buy or something :)[/QUOTE]

It might be my area or where my DC gets our strawberries but our strawberries are going bad very quickly. So be aware

I like the white ticklebelly cupcakes

Strawberries are VERY shortdated now that they are out of season.. order lightly due to increased price (4.89 at my store) or order heavy since you will be qmosing alot of them after 2 days or so.

It might be my area or where my DC gets our strawberries but our strawberries are going bad very quickly. So be aware

I like the white ticklebelly cupcakes

I have been out of stock since the initial push during the set 3 weeks back!!

Backstocked the entire food load by myself today! Thanks to a backroom call in ...

4 frozen, 4 fridge. I don't know how to answer the second part of your question. Obviously they all go out to the floor but it's hard to say how many pallets worth of food stayed out there because I didn't work any of it, and a lot of dairy comes back in vehicles, frozen gets broken out onto flats and crates, etc.

I thought you were the signing guy?
I am. I had a light signing workload today and since the call in happened, our Flow TL asked me if I could jump in to backstock.

The QMOS function always assumes "1." So when you scan the item it just charged out "1." Personally, I just scan each item and let the system do the counting for me. If I have an entire stack of something I will count it and input the quantity. If you enter a quantity just remember that it overrides the "1." For example....you have 9 cartons of strawberries. Scan one of them, enter 9, and confirm that the quantity is correct. I hope that helps!

We start remodeling at my store in Jan/Feb. What happens??

Depending on how old your store is and what the future sales expectations are it can just be a basic right sizing (increasing/decreasing departments) to a full blown remodel and store expansion.

As for Pfresh in my store, it's been a massive blessing and nightmare rolled into one. Our ytd gross sales have increased at least 20% compared to last year so we're pretty much roaring in sales daily. But the logistics aspects of Pfresh has become some sort of cthulhu nightmare where hours are being siphoned away to flow super fast.

I've been to grocery store remodels and they are a nightmare. Dust all over the place things blocked off and lots of confusion lol. I can see a huge headache coming for guests and TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back