Archived What do you think of p fresh so far?

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Produce isn't weighed??? Blasphemy!

Thats kinda weird considering we weigh all our stuff at SuperT.

yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.."
"no.. you dont.. but hey what do i know im only the team leader of the pfresh area.."

"yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.." "

It's funny you get that reaction. We sell items by both weight and the piece at my SuperTarget and occasionally produce will mistakenly sign the cherries or grapes as x.xx per ea. instead of per pound. Guests are very quick to spot that and tell us they want their giant bag of grapes for 2.49 instead of the 8.00 its supposed to cost.

Guests also like to mix different items into the same bag because they think that if they are all priced the same it doesn't matter. We spend a lot of time educating these folks--

"I don't mind if you put them in the same bag, ma'am, but maybe next time you could leave it open instead of triple tying it, extra tight, shut."

Although one cashier had a guest refuse the produce the cashier had to take out of a bag and separate to ring it accurately. She didn't like the fact that the cashier had touched it--apparently she doesn't realize how many people handle the produce before it even gets to our store (or maybe isn't planning to wash it?!). Actually, I think she was just being pissy.

"yea.. people go nuts when you try to explain it. "no you weigh produce.." "

It's funny you get that reaction. We sell items by both weight and the piece at my SuperTarget and occasionally produce will mistakenly sign the cherries or grapes as x.xx per ea. instead of per pound. Guests are very quick to spot that and tell us they want their giant bag of grapes for 2.49 instead of the 8.00 its supposed to cost.

Guests also like to mix different items into the same bag because they think that if they are all priced the same it doesn't matter. We spend a lot of time educating these folks--

"I don't mind if you put them in the same bag, ma'am, but maybe next time you could leave it open instead of triple tying it, extra tight, shut."

Although one cashier had a guest refuse the produce the cashier had to take out of a bag and separate to ring it accurately. She didn't like the fact that the cashier had touched it--apparently she doesn't realize how many people handle the produce before it even gets to our store (or maybe isn't planning to wash it?!). Actually, I think she was just being pissy.

I do love those picky/stupid/stubborn people... keeps the day different and new...

P-Fresh was supposed to save my store from going to 4am. It failed miserably :dash2:

I honestly prefer a 4am unload for P-Fresh trailers. I went from an ON store to a 4am store.. ALOT more gets done at 4am with my team at least..

My store does 7am unload for p fresh trailers. Our truck usually comes between 6am and 8am.

Working in a expanded Market for a year and then having Pfresh for two years after it sometimes I long for the days of having the expanded Market back. I miss zoning dry and them not worrying about the freezers or coolers. Now only overnight zones dry.

Target can be cheap on their groceries. While I like better quality food I'm not picky and enjoy Market Pantry. The cereal is very comparative to brand names, the snacks are unique (those chocolate filled cookies are divine!), the pancake mix is great, nothing wrong with the mac and cheese, etc. While the other grocery stores (esp ShopRite, Pathmark, etc) are much cheaper on many things, they do not have as much store brands as Target. I spent $50 on mainly MP and a S&D steak that was marked down and got a crapload of food which was not all really cheap stuff like soup or mac and cheese. It surprised me. Every so often they have $5 off $50 in grocery coupons too. Just wish they'd bring back the 10% off of home brands months.

We were promised by all the higher ups that P-Fresh was going to bring so much money in, sales were going to explode, hours were going to skyrocket, etc...

We always had a 4 am P-Fresh unload process, I'm talking about O/N Logistics. Apparently we were set to go to 4am a year ago, but the decision was made to wait until P-Fresh to come "save us" Needless to say, it didn't happen. A few months after the remodel was complete, word came down that we were switching to 4am.

I like it, but I feel like they really hyped it up and made way too many promises they couldn't keep. Lots of people were disappointed about having to transfer or quit.

Well my team lead in p fresh does not do everything she is suppose to do. In our freezer bunkers, we have frozen hamburgers on the left side and literlly nothing right side freezer bunker. I know, as a both a p fresh backroom TM and a market TM, that we can put something in the right bunker.
Heck, if i knew how to and had permission, i would have filled the bunker a long time ago. But our TL hasnt filled the bunker. As a TL, she knows are freezer is really heavy and we need to do something to clear space. If she or even our PAs, would fill the bunker, we would have a lot of space in our freezer. That in turn will help our backroom backstock faster and more effectually.

Well my team lead in p fresh does not do everything she is suppose to do. In our freezer bunkers, we have frozen hamburgers on the left side and literlly nothing right side freezer bunker. I know, as a both a p fresh backroom TM and a market TM, that we can put something in the right bunker.
Heck, if i knew how to and had permission, i would have filled the bunker a long time ago. But our TL hasnt filled the bunker. As a TL, she knows are freezer is really heavy and we need to do something to clear space. If she or even our PAs, would fill the bunker, we would have a lot of space in our freezer. That in turn will help our backroom backstock faster and more effectually.

Unless your plano is different.. that would be the value bunker adjacency. Currently it has corndogs in it..it will soon be revisioned to tyson frozen chicken nuggets/patties/strips

check for freezer.. you might have alot of corn dogs backstocked... and tell your TL to follow planogram and sales planners.. theyre there for a reason.

We do have a lot of corn dogs backstocked. I mean a lot. I actually went to another target and saw there bunker. It too had corn dogs in it. I see her tomorrow and I will tell her it needs to be done.

Once we actually fill the bunker, we will have room in our freezer. Lately, we have been backed up in our freezer to the point of making temp green rolling cart locations. I know it will help us. I will also suggest to TPC the corn dogs so we can make room.

We do have a lot of corn dogs backstocked. I mean a lot. I actually went to another target and saw there bunker. It too had corn dogs in it. I see her tomorrow and I will tell her it needs to be done.

Once we actually fill the bunker, we will have room in our freezer. Lately, we have been backed up in our freezer to the point of making temp green rolling cart locations. I know it will help us. I will also suggest to TPC the corn dogs so we can make room.

Wait a day to see how the corn dogs sell before you TPC them.. when people just see them.. they buy it regardless of price. And dont ask your TL.. just do it. If she complains tell her its best practice to follow the bunker direction. If she complains be sure to give a heads up to your ETL that the TL isnt following best practice.

Where on workbench can i find the bunker planogram set so I can print out labels and drop POG batches?

Online Planogram. You have to know either the sales floor location (aisle number) of the bunker or the department of the product that is being set there so you can search it. Otherwise if you have the exact planogram numbers you can type them in and print out the POGs.

Oh, I may have misread your question. Disregard if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, although I think the other thread answered your question.

Thanks sage and pet. I will check workbench when i go to work tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

I shop at pfresh but only for the marked down items. If you do it every day and just buy what has been tagged for sell-by, you can save some serious money.

Especially the meat. We have a few grocery stores around the same block as us so we dont really sell meat. It end up always being marked down.

Especially the meat. We have a few grocery stores around the same block as us so we dont really sell meat. It end up always being marked down.

Via TPC or coupons?

Our big curtain is coming down this week! Now we're doing clean-up & the final punch list.
I'll miss our remodel ETL. She was great!

You can do both, with your etl/lod's ok. Mostly due to amt & date.

I should have been more specific. He said since a few grocery stores around the same block as us so we dont really sell meat. It end up always being marked down. So i meant to say is the meat at his target TPC or couponed

I just love when our PAs order 4 cases of ground beef that goes on sale this week but the distribution center gives us 8 cases along with the 4 our PAs ordered. 12 cases of ground beek in one truck.

Umm we had 3 Pallets of 30 cases each on our truck! They effectively doubled what they were originally going to send us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back