Archived What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for a while now I've been scheduled outside my availability. When I've told them they always fixed it. I changed my availability, because of a second job. It was approved and was fine for the first two weeks. Now, this new lead comes in. When I tell him I was scheduled outside of my availability on the next two schedules, he tells me to just call in. So basically I get docked because he doesn't want to fix a mistake they made. This just doesn't sound right, why should I have to call in on a day I'm not even available? Would calling the hotline do anything? I plan to see the new Hr manager about this as well. And just out of curiosity, how many call ins do you get before they give you a corrective action or terminate you?

Is your availability in the system or was it a verbal agreement with the previous lead? If it's in the system they absolutely should fix it for you.

Document. Print your availability and your weekly schedules and bring them with to any meetings that you have.

Touch base with your HR (ETL or Sr).
New TL is so new they don't know how to fix it, or they're lazy.

You need to have this fixed. When they pull your attendance it will say you have 2 call outs now.In reality it was a scheduling error and your shift should be deleted in myTIME. Some stores pull attendance monthly and coach. Your TL might forget your discussion. The HRETL may have no idea you were scheduled outside of your availability. All they will see is you have called out twice.

He's not new to Target, just to our store. He's been here a few months and literally, everyone has something bad to say about him. So he's probably just being lazy and a jerk. We've butted heads a few times because of the way he talks down to people. But I will see HR when I get on the clock. She is new to target, so I hope she can fix this for me.

So for a while now I've been scheduled outside my availability. When I've told them they always fixed it. I changed my availability, because of a second job. It was approved and was fine for the first two weeks. Now, this new lead comes in. When I tell him I was scheduled outside of my availability on the next two schedules, he tells me to just call in. So basically I get docked because he doesn't want to fix a mistake they made. This just doesn't sound right, why should I have to call in on a day I'm not even available? Would calling the hotline do anything? I plan to see the new Hr manager about this as well. And just out of curiosity, how many call ins do you get before they give you a corrective action or terminate you?
Have you had someone actually check my time? Because when you schedule someone outside their avail it gives you an error message and you have to accept it anyway. If it happens that much I would assume it’s not actually in their correctly

Have you had someone actually check my time? Because when you schedule someone outside their avail it gives you an error message and you have to accept it anyway. If it happens that much I would assume it’s not actually in their correctly
The first few weeks after it was approved, the schedule on the board said, "not available". I do have pictures of past schedules confirming this and I do remember clicking the permanent box when changing it. I will have hr check on this though.

The first few weeks after it was approved, the schedule on the board said, "not available". I do have pictures of past schedules confirming this and I do remember clicking the permanent box when changing it. I will have hr check on this though.
Just a thought. You also just might have an asshole ETL that doesn’t care and is just hoping you’ll show up anyway

Just a thought. You also just might have an asshole ETL that doesn’t care and is just hoping you’ll show up anyway
My ETL used to do that, add hours without checking approved requests or availabilities. Oh, and ETL-Know-it-All didn’t bother to tell anyone that the schedule had been changed. Chaos ensued- team short handed, undeserved NC/NS, total shitshow. Regularly.🙄

There has been a lot of this going around lately. They don't care. I document and go HR and have them change it. And if they tell the ETL or TL cool if not, not my problem.

Go on the computer take a picture of your form you filled out and also a picture where it says approved. Go to hr and show them. Do not call in for these, they will use it against you. Take pictures of everything you submit and when its approved. Its saved my ass numerous times. It took me months when i started to get them to schedule within my availability. Keep bugging them. Eventually they will get annoyed and schedule you correctly and if not and if the hr manager does nothing then call the hotline and mention that you were told to call in. Sounds like a set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back