Archived What does an ETL have to do to get fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best ETL at my store has was fired at noon yesterday. We did have a visit from corporate in the morning.
Then we heard the ETL paged to the HR office. so sad. He was attractive.

He had only been at our store for 7 weeks.

I am certainly not an authority at getting fired, but I was told early on that there are only two sure-fire ways (pun intended) to get fired:

Three consecutive NC/NS, which would be pretty difficult for an ETL.

OR

Theft.

I've been with Target a long time, and the for the past few years it seems it was pretty much a requirement to look like Ken or Barbie, fresh out of college, and ready to earn the big bucks.

I said ready, they may not have realized just how many hours they need to put in to make it all work.

yeah, i was discussing my schedule for bf, including my 10p-8am for ad wed., then an 8pm-6am turn thurs with my etl. the new etl was scheduled to work 10-6 on wednesday. when my etl told her she was the lod and couldn't leave until we were done with the ad, she freaked out. kept going on and on about working longer than 8 hours would put her over the hour requirement for etls, and she would be too tired to stay longer, and how unfair because it was tgiving. i just snickered.

the quickest etl canning ive seen was one etl used his status to convince a tm to give him a deep discount on a display tv, then returned it to get a new one. another one adjusted the tm missed punches so they would not be on meal compliance when there were tl meetings scheduled. whem the new stl noticed (our old stl told him to do it so they would be green), he was fired within three days.

The only ETL I've seen fired was our ETL-RX-- our full-time pharmacist-- and that was for HORRIBLE malpractice.

The best ETL at my store has was fired at noon yesterday. We did have a visit from corporate in the morning.
Then we heard the ETL paged to the HR office. so sad. He was attractive.

He had only been at our store for 7 weeks.

In answer to your question - the same things a TM would get fired for.

Chances are, this ETL was probably termed for performance. ETLs get 90 day probation after being hired just like a TM. He either wasn't meeting expectations *or* the STL/DTL saw red flags that made them think he wouldn't meet expectations in the future. So, like a TM, they cut him loose.

Could it be theft? Yea... but highly unlikely. Most people don't steal 7 weeks after getting hired into a job making 50K a year. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's pretty much unheard of. ETLs are pulling in over $4000 a month. They know stealing means an end to that $4000.... so what are they going to steal that justifies it? Nothing, really. Now, if that was a disgruntled ETL that had been with the company 5 years and was burned out? Totally different story.

Basically, TMs usually steal because they are living in poverty on target wages. They often steal out of need - they have bills that they can't pay, etc. That motivation really doesn't exist for someone making $4000 a month.

Gross Misconduct
Theft
Extreme performance issues
Attendance
etc

The rumor is he said something inappropriate to another ETL.
And yes I am sad the eye candy is gone.

We had an ETL get fired for losing the store keys.
Another got fired for theft.
One got transferred to another store after he got the TL pregnant. He later got fired from the other store for harassment.
Then we had one get fired for harassment.

Forgetting to lock up or arm the building at the end of the night is enough to get an ETL fired as well. It just happened at my store recently.

I have an ETL in my store who forgot to arm the cash office before she left foe the night - alarm company and APBP kept calling my STL at her home....that ETL is still with my store, but I really hope that he was placed on a Final for that - if any other ETL or SrTL would have forgotten to do that, I'm sire they would have been fired, but this particular ETL is my STL's little lap dog

Forgetting to lock up or arm the building at the end of the night is enough to get an ETL fired as well. It just happened at my store recently.

Oh yea! That is true. Forgetting to arm the building is a final warning, and then obviously the second time is termination. Maybe that's what happened.

An STL and a ETL-HR were fired at my store within a month of each other for not locking the doors, and for locking a team member in the store.

I'm so glad to be ULV so there are less of us to keep track of when we leave after closing. I cannot imagine being locked in the store. What do you even do at that point?

I'm so glad to be ULV so there are less of us to keep track of when we leave after closing. I cannot imagine being locked in the store. What do you even do at that point?
How do you even get locked in the store. You should be heading up a couple minutes before your shift ends

How do you even get locked in the store. You should be heading up a couple minutes before your shift ends

This happened to me my first year at Target. I was a cashier and had no equipment doing reshop after the store closed. (Back when we were scheduled to 10:45). I realized I was alone and went up front and discovered everyone gone. I quickly punched out and got my stuff and found myself in the entryway just as the ETL was locking the building. She was furious with me and I told her that no one had told me it was time to go. *sigh*

After that, I always made sure to be around someone with a walkie and told other cashiers to do the same. How hard is it to make an announcement over the intercom? Sheesh.

Yep, that...I try to keep a close eye on the time if I don't have a walkie, but sometimes you get into something you really want to get done. Coming up too early makes you look lazy, but staying back too late could get you locked in the store. And if you aren't close to someone with a walkie, it could happen very easily.

Depends on your leadership. Back when I was hardlines we had one ETL who saw me gathering up the reshop carts to take up at probably less than 5 minutes to go when he was like "you still have five minutes left to zone back here". So it depends. We had some that wanted you punched out and ready to go, others who wanted you working right up to that last minute.

Yrs ago, we had an ETL termed for poor performance, another for fraud & another for failing to disarm the CO (3x).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back