Archived What DOES it take to get written up at Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'all are thinking way to hard on this. Thee single most easiest and by far the simplest way to get written up in the Land of Expect more Pay Less is: your TL, ETL, STL not liking you. And not only not liking you but not liking you AND wanting to get rid of you. That there is the easiest way to get written up not only at the Land of the Spotted bull dog but any place of employment you may find yourself.

It doesn't matter what you may or may not have done, simple things like facts and logic mean nothing here. Why I've seen an TL believe at least 5 Impossible things before first break.

any combination of performance/service issues and how your team lead views you, imho.

IE: From a leadership standpoint, if you come across as a lazy piece of sh*t who is completely ungrateful to have a job and unwilling to work, odds are you're going to get written up for everything possible. We had one girl on the sales floor like this; extremely rude, stuck up, lazy, arrogant, you name it. She got moved out pretty quickly.

If you're a hard worker and you come across as somebody who is willing to work and put forth an effort, odds are your leaders will overlook minor mistakes because it's more beneficial to look over your one mistake than lose a valuable team member..

we have one cashier we're trying to performance out. I do all the re-training/educational documented conversations with this person, so my TL can swoop in and do formal coaching/CCA right away.

Last edited:
I found someone's CCA on a monitor's desktop (you know, saved document to desktop) in tmsc a couple of weeks ago. Prettttttyyyy sure that's unacceptable as far as confidentiality goes.

The other day I copied and pasted something except the copy part didn't take so when I pasted it showed part of someone else's CCA regarding attendance.
I was typing up a supply list & clicked the wrong icon. Not only did a CCA come up (left on the desktop), it was on a friend of mine :(

at my store
TMs virtually only get written up for attendance. Unless, as was mentioned earlier, they pissed of a TL or ETL. If its in their first 90 days, then they can get disciplined for any tiny thing.

For TLs and ETLs and the STL they get performance write ups all the time. I've had a different ETL-Log every six months - 3 pog tls in the past year - and six different overnight logistics team leads. And the STL is on a coaching for the turnover at our store. We only know because the DTL very publicly admonished her for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back