Archived What does no rain checks mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my store it means let me take something that is twice expensive, whine that target doesn't have what I came in for, and let the etl say - sure you can take a 20.00 item instead of the 3.00 item and you can use a coupon on it also and while we are at it, why don't I give you a 5.00 gift card while we are at it, and I will give you 3 in convience coupons too.
This way you can tell all your shady friends to shop at target and get great deals.

It's the target way - and we are here to please all out cheating guests. While the honest ones get hurt by having to pay more for the products we have to raise the price on in order to cover the costs for the multitude of give always.

It means no rain checks at my store. I calmly explain to them that the system is not doing rain checks for that particular item and offer to tell them what other stores have it in stock. They can take it or leave it.

When I tell them its system based that usually shuts up any argument they might have. Same thing with gift card promotions.

Does anyone else hate the text coupons. No one reads the sign ever. I find it to be a pain in the ass more often than not and wind just giving them the gift card.

It means a week of the same stupid ETL asking me why I didn't write a rain check for the out.. A box of rocks is of more use than she is..

Not reading the sign does not get you free stuff from me..

for us it depends on the TLs at the store at the time though nine times outta ten it goes somewhat like this

TM: sorry we cant give rain checks on this item
Guest: why not?
TM: the computer wont allow it and it says right here in the ad NO RAIN CHECKS.
Guest: I want to speak to a manager
TM (over walkie): LOD to guest services please
LOD strolls up to service desk looking like they just came off the tail end of doing a shit ton of meth
LOD: SURE we will give you a rain check for this and ten apology coupons have a great day
guest gives TM dirty look and exits stage right
LOD: now why didn't you follow best practice and give it to the guest, you know that guest loyalty is blah blah blah blah REDcard blah blah blah, now here's a CA for you to sign

How the hell do you give the guest a rain check anyway when the system says you can't? There's not a supervisor override for that, is there?

No, there isn't a way to override the no rain checks thing. Many times it's because we aren't guaranteeing we will ever get the item again. Or it's something like soda that will be on sale again in two weeks, anyway.

We can always offer a substitute, though. And by substitute I mean similar item for the same percentage off. Or, make the price of two small items equal the price of the bigger item.

Soon target is rolling out "save the sale". It is taking away rain checks entirely and it sounds exciting and devastating. So it means what it means, save the sale! Substitute something so the guest walks out with merchandise. Less than 30% of rain checks are redeemed anyway.

Soon target is rolling out "save the sale". It is taking away rain checks entirely and it sounds exciting and devastating. So it means what it means, save the sale! Substitute something so the guest walks out with merchandise. Less than 30% of rain checks are redeemed anyway.

We can already do that.

My store has been testing not creating substitutions. No word on how the test is really going. They aren't asking for feedback from us. As far as I know they're basing it all on sales figures. Half the time you couldn't make a reasonable/comparable sub anyway. Way less work for Instocks. We still set up rainchecks, but no subs.

I had a guest ask for a rain check a few weeks ago on one of those "free first aid kits" that we've been giving away with purchase for, what? Two months now? We've had the damn things there forever and you're just NOW coming to get one and bitching because we are out of them?

We can already do that.

Yes I understand that, but the raincheck pads still exists today. They won't soon.

My store leadership already empowers us to make substitutes on the spot for most sales. They would rather we take the small hit on that than to have the guest leave with nothing.

We can already do that.

Yes I understand that, but the raincheck pads still exists today. They won't soon.

We just received the raincheck pad replacements at my store today. I forgot to take a picture, but they're basically little post-it tags that get placed on an out of stock ad item after Instocks researches it. It has some verbiage that basically says "sorry we don't have what you're looking for, please see a TM or use a red phone for help", which is what a guest would usually do anyways. I think the whole idea behind it is to vibe with the guest more. We still offer a substitution on a similar item for the same percentage off (which is what we're supposed to be doing according to the powers that be), check other stores, online, etc. I'm not sure when we'll begin incorporating them into our daily task list though. There's a ton of info on workbench about it under Salesfloor->Instocks.

The most interesting thing with this rollout is that certain states (there are four total, I forget the other 3, but Ohio is one of them) are required to call the guest when the item is back in stock again, and then hold it for them at the guest service desk or the backroom for up to 60 days (?!). Because there isn't enough garbage at IGS as it already is.

We can already do that.

We just received the raincheck pad replacements at my store today. I forgot to take a picture, but they're basically little post-it tags that get placed on an out of stock ad item after Instocks researches it. It has some verbiage that basically says "sorry we don't have what you're looking for, please see a TM or use a red phone for help", which is what a guest would usually do anyways. I think the whole idea behind it is to vibe with the guest more. We still offer a substitution on a similar item for the same percentage off (which is what we're supposed to be doing according to the powers that be), check other stores, online, etc. I'm not sure when we'll begin incorporating them into our daily task list though. There's a ton of info on workbench about it under Salesfloor->Instocks.

The most interesting thing with this rollout is that certain states (there are four total, I forget the other 3, but Ohio is one of them) are required to call the guest when the item is back in stock again, and then hold it for them at the guest service desk or the backroom for up to 60 days (?!). Because there isn't enough garbage at IGS as it already is.

Yes what they want us to do is have the guest get pissed off there is no R/C at the item, have us waste time answering another call box and fill a R/C for each guest by hand so the cashier can hand key the DCPI.. Also offer the guest a sub.. So R/C pads are not going away per say, just not being tied to anything.. Talk about wasting a lot of time..

You know how many call boxes this policy would have cost my store last week? 200 my crew set up over 200 R/C's last week.. Even at half of that 200 number that is a huge time suck.. Vibe can suck my shiny metal ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back