Archived What does your gstl do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Just curious if other stores are different or the same as mine. Does your gstl get all 40 hours watching the front or do you have gsas that do most of the watching and the gstl is just there in case things blow up? I’ve seen some stores schedule like sales floor TLs where gsas do most the “watching” and I’ve seen some stores where the gstls get their 40 hours watching the front then use gsas to fill gaps

Just curious if other stores are different or the same as mine. Does your gstl get all 40 hours watching the front or do you have gsas that do most of the watching and the gstl is just there in case things blow up? I’ve seen some stores schedule like sales floor TLs where gsas do most the “watching” and I’ve seen some stores where the gstls get their 40 hours watching the front then use gsas to fill gaps

Gstl works 40 hours and is expected to be at the lanes 95% of their day. GSA'S are expected to watch if the GSTL can't. Otherwise how would they get their coachings done...

Our GSTL gets 40 hours. She supervises the front. Makes sure everything is filled, cashiers are friendly, trains, does price checks. In 20+ years of retail she is probably the best front end supervisor I have ever seen. The GSAs do the same when they are there. They are empowered to run the front end, and they do run the entire front end very well.

Our store has two GSTLs and they both get 40 hrs. GSAs fill the gaps.
Ditto.
They also rotate CO with the GSAs but use the remainder of those shifts to do orders, call in equipment issues, schedules, sign off on training & other TL stuff.

What is a GSTL supposed to do: quite a bit.
What does my GSTL actually do: not much.

What do the gstls do if not watch the front?
Cash office, guest service, we have a gstl that is TLOD once a week. So to use my store as an example we are a pretty high volume store 60 million so we have quite a few sales floor team leads, one being strictly electronics. So he always as an electronics TM present and runs his department by not being scheduled in that direct work center. I’m just curious because I’ve seen stores where they have gsas there most the time and the gstl just supervises, coaches, trains, and does interviews ya know like every other department.

Ours watch the front for the entirety of their shifts along with a GSA for breaks and stuff. The GSTL who makes the schedule though will be in the office making it while the GSA watches the front and only comes out of the GSA needs them

At a pilot store:

Service and Engagement Advocates (GSAs) are scheduled from open to close to direct traffic and watch the lanes.

Service and Engagement Leads (GSTLs) are scheduled from 10/11 until 6/7 to provide backup for the GSA, backup for Guest Service, do team lead stuff, and help out around the store when necessary

One of the perks of the modernization pilot is that the front end flows a lot better now with that added backup. The SEL can have the SEA jump on a lane when it gets busy, or they can do it themselves as well. They're also available to help out at Guest Service when we need it.

At a pilot store:

Service and Engagement Advocates (GSAs) are scheduled from open to close to direct traffic and watch the lanes.

Service and Engagement Leads (GSTLs) are scheduled from 10/11 until 6/7 to provide backup for the GSA, backup for Guest Service, do team lead stuff, and help out around the store when necessary

One of the perks of the modernization pilot is that the front end flows a lot better now with that added backup. The SEL can have the SEA jump on a lane when it gets busy, or they can do it themselves as well. They're also available to help out at Guest Service when we need it.
Also a pilot store, wishing we operated like this. We have one opener and one closer with about 30 minutes of overlap. 15s are absolutely unheard of and we usually grab a GSTM to watch for 30s. Just got a new S&E Lead so hopefully that will help...fingers crossed.

GSTL gets 40. They focus more on the guest experience out on the floor, and the store as a whole.

The GSA runs the lanes, unless the GSTL is the GSA. :p

Ours squawks about redcards on the walkie and screams at backroom and SFS if a goal gets missed on an OPU.

I'm glad that SEAs (GSAs) are now being expected to (and scheduled as, occasionally) cashier at my store. If the rest of us have to do it, I don't see why they shouldn't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back