Archived What does your gstl do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that SEAs (GSAs) are now being expected to (and scheduled as, occasionally) cashier at my store. If the rest of us have to do it, I don't see why they shouldn't ;)
Our GSAs love when they get cashier shifts, it’s a break compared to having to run things and deal with the upset guests.

One GSTL is hiding behind Service Desk their entire shift

Other GSTL is a Sr.TL and does amazing work and the entire team loves said TL

GSAs all hate eachother. But individually actually perform very well!

One GSTL is hiding behind Service Desk their entire shift

Other GSTL is a Sr.TL and does amazing work and the entire team loves said TL

GSAs all hate eachother. But individually actually perform very well!

Our GSTL is a freaking prodigy.
Stressed, but a prodigy. I model myself after her.

There are two GSAs I can't stand, two I adore, and one I try to interact with as little as possible, for the sake of professionalism.

One GSA is brand spanking new. One is very shy, but has been at it as long as me and is good at her job, two that literally do anything but what a GSA is supposed to... I dont even know WHY they're GSAs...
...And one that runs her rear end off, but is never where she's supposed to be when she's supposed to be there.

I have one GSTL who is very nice, very knowledgeable, BUT ITS SO ANNOYING THAT SHE’LL WANDER AWAY FROM THE LANES WHEN SHE’S THE ONLY ONE THERE TO GO TO ELECTRONICS OR PHOTO OR WHATEVER (WHY IS SHE EVEN OVER THERE?) AND LIKE EVERY SINGLE CASHIER IS WAITING THERE WITH THEIR LIGHTS ON AND ILL WALKIE HER AND BE LIKE UHHH GSTL YOU’RE NEEDED AT THE FRONT AND SHE’LL BE LIKE OK ON MY WAY AND WALK SO SLOW BACK TO THE FRONT

We have 2 GSTLs and 5 GSAs.

A couple of GSAs (including myself) are part-time and only work certain days or weekends. But if I ask for 40 hours during a week that I'm off at my other job, I can usually get them.

One of the GSTLs is a senior, so she does 1-2 LOD shifts per week. She also does our scheduling, so she writes a GSTL schedule for the month that looks similar to the ETL schedule, and tries to rotate us fairly with early, mid, and late shifts, including service desk and cashier. So, on a typical week with 40 hours, I would have 1-2 opening GSTL shifts, 1 closing GSTL shift, 1-2 opening service desk shifts, and possibly a mid cashier shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back