Answered What dress is too "hot" for Target

Anything up to that is quite a wide range. I don't generally see any V necks or even swoop (is that what they are called?) neck shirts. I want to look nice, but don't want to distract my coworkers or get coached.

If your boobs poop out or your biscuit booty can be see short is bad

V necks are fine, I wear the AND ones and the UT ones and they're totally appropriate. Same with our jeans, I generally wear UT or Denizen because if discounts. I also have a ton of Old Navy clothing that's fine. If you can bend over without anything popping out, raise hands above your head without exposing midriff you should be fine. Pants - can you squat repeatedly, comfortably? No skirts, not appropriate for the type of physical work and ladder work that we do.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a skirt or dress, not even leadership. The job is way too physical. Skintight jeggings and knit tops, that's a different story. Seen plenty of those.

I don't see a problem with well-fitting jeans and tops that show a slight bit of cleavage. Anything more seems unprofessional to me.

I used to wear skirts. I just had to move differently, such as kneeling to grab something rather than bending over. As long as the length is close to the knee and the fabric will hold up it works. Only potential trouble was going up a ladder and I was prepared to yell to stay back if anyone walked by.

I had problems with v necks simply because one loose enough to work in was too loose bending over. I solved it by layering with a plain tank top.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a skirt or dress, not even leadership. The job is way too physical. Skintight jeggings and knit tops, that's a different story. Seen plenty of those.

I don't see a problem with well-fitting jeans and tops that show a slight bit of cleavage. Anything more seems unprofessional to me.
wait we can wear jeggings??

A couple of TMs wear skirts at my store - just have to be more mindful of how one is moving. Personally, I wouldn't even though I find them comfortable. Manuvering around so I can hang one of those temporary side cap things while shelves are already in place on the end cap would definitely not work in a skirt. And I just "retired" a v-neck shirt that's too loose - it's comfortable, but I don't want to think that much about keeping it appropriate.

I would say no plunging neckline. PLUNGING. Bare chested Kylo Ren did nothing for Star Wars and although Spot is akin to a daytime soap opera, we want to stay a tad more cosmopolitan than the pajama pants wearing Walmart peeps. This is UPscale hillbilly. Like Beverly hillbilly.

And unless you have a slipped disc... I wouldn't walk around with your back out.

We had a lady at the DC. Her pants were pulled up all the way but her thong straps were higher than that. And her shirt wasn't long enough to cover the sizzle when she bent down to pick. I would say keep your thong straps lower than the top of your pants unless you plan on pulling them up over your shoulders for extra support because your back is out. If the dimples on your back are showing as much as the ones your face without the covid mask; then you're probably too hot for Spot.

High heels might be nice for throat stomping some Karens and plus ones; but probably best to go with cloggers so you can just tap dance on their face instead. HTH.

Back