Archived What happens if nobody picks up your shit on the swap board and you definitely can't go to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm scheduled on Monday, but I can't go because of some unexpected appointment that I couldn't rewureq off.

I was sick this week called in two times and had to leave work early one day. I'm worried about my attendance, how many absences can you have in a month? Is it a time frame month or is assigned by actual month (February , March )?

Last edited:
Ok but how many times can I call out ? This weel I had to call out 2 times and leave my shifts early one day since I was feeling really sick.

Last edited:
Talk to your ETL or ETL HR and see what they can do.

Then just call out? It’s still Thursday dude. Someone might take the shift.

How sick are you?
Do you post a hazard to coworkers and guests?
Do you threaten the lives of others?
Could you have just gotten it together and beared through the day?
Why is it a random appointment Monday all of a sudden?

We don’t know your time on the job or attendance history. Nobody can give you a real answer based on the information given. Asking for roulette advice would be easier to answer.

It very much depends on your store and your previous attendance. Start trying to call in favors from your team. Can you switch hours with anyone? Can you work earlier or later?

ASANTS and it depends on your previous attendance record. Some stores will give a PDD for calling out more than 3 times in a rolling 30 day period. If you can't find someone to cover you're just going to have to accept the fact that you'll have another C/O on your record. If your store uses Branch Messenger post your shift there.

If you don’t call out often, some ETL’s may be willing to work with you. I was originally scheduled from 5-1:30 and someone has surprised me with going to the Vikings game which started at 12.. I explained the situation to my ETL and asked if there was anything they could do... she was able to change my shift to 5-10 which gave me just enough time to make it to the game, and I didn’t have to call in. But if you truly are sick, just call in. No one else wants your germs.

Call out, get coached for attendance, and improve from there. Not really a big deal unless you let it become a pattern.

In all likelihood you'll get coached like TM2 said and you'll just have to improve relations with your leaders from there. It sucks but it's better than no call no show.

I was sick this week called in two times and had to leave work early one day. I'm worried about my attendance, how many absences can you have in a month? Is it a time frame month or is assigned by actual month (February , March )?

Attendance is looked at usually in a 90 day cycle.

3 times in 30 days would be a write up at my store short of a doctors note. But yours maybe not

Also it looks bad when you put a shift on the board then call out. Your leaders will see your shift was on the board.

Aka our cafe girl who put her shift on the board then called the LOD last night saying her car was in a ditch but she'll be in today... Right

Ok but how many times can I call out ? This weel I had to call out 2 times and leave my shifts early one day since I was feeling really sick.
How many times until what? Whatever does or does not happen is at the discretion of your leaders. Nobody here can guarantee anything.

Be more responsible in the future and schedule appointments close enough that you know you're off that day or far enough out that you can still request it off.

You can call out any number of times. Definitely call out, instead of No Call No Show. 3 NCNS and youre fired (I think).
You might get a coaching, then if attendance is still a problem a write up, then a final warning at some point, then fired.
I almost got fired for being consistently 10 minutes late to every shift. Somehow I turned it around while on my Final Warning. Still working here 2 years later.

I can't imagine it even being an issue honestly. Of course ASANTS. But since they don't replace any shifts here when someone calls off, what difference does it make? Management will most likely skip down the hall when you call off because they cut more hours. No matter that they might have to close Starbucks or food ave. Or have lines amusement park ride long. No one cares. Why should you?

Last edited:
Also it looks bad when you put a shift on the board then call out. Your leaders will see your shift was on the board.

This is why I suggest talking to your leaders. You know you have an appointment, you're putting in effort to find someone to cover, and if you let them know you'll have to call out for the appointment, it seems more likely they'll be willing to work with you. Assuming the appointment isn't smack in the middle of your shift and/or won't take super long, you can probably shift an hour or two either way or come in late/leave early and not have it be a big deal.

And try to pick up a shift for someone else, if you don't do that already, as a show of good faith.

I have to say that I don't think that there are many people who will pick up your "shit" if it is on the swap board.....now, if it is your "shift" well, that's a horse of a different color......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back