Archived What hours and days do you work on flow team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S0 I have orientation on Tuesday for Flow team. I was told the job starts at 6am but was not told the days. I was also told I would be at like 15 hours but would be able to be cross trained down the road. So obviously I will know the answer come Tuesday but which and how many days do Flow team work? Thanks.

4 to 5 days, depending on store size or needs. The shifts will be short like 4 to 5 hours. You will be told all the details on Tuesday.
Welcome, btw!

As flow, you're a first pick for a backroom tm. swap shifts and try to train back there. Most of the sales floor positions suck

If you were told an average of 15 hours a week, I'd guess that your store has 3 truck days. The number to trucks really depends on how much business your store does. We're decently sized so we have 4-5 trucks a week and the average hours for flow are about 30. The typical truck schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday but it's also possible you'll get scheduled non-truck days to work the morning replenishment batches.

15 hours should mean 3 days.

When I was first hired, I was told we got trucks on Mon, Wed, Fri, and sometimes Sat. But our sales have been steadily rising, so we always get trucks on Saturdays.

Everyone gets 4 or 5 hours per shift to start, but if you are good at any particular part of the Flow team, you may get more hours (electronics, sorting repacks, etc).

Just little anxious about orientation. Past few weeks I've read good things and also a lot of bad about flow team. I like doing things right so the possibility of not being trained properly kinda scares me lol.

Flow is pretty easy. All the boxes have labels that tell you exactly where they go. Being fast and being aware (being familiar with what's on endcaps, stocking issues) is how you excell. Make sure you ask your trainers lots and lots of questions!

From another thread: thanks @RetailWorld!
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

Last edited:
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png
Thanks! I'll study this but a lot of It does not make sense yet which I will of coarse learn.

That pick label can be a lot of information at once right now. Once you start working it will come with time.

I work at a B volume Greatland, current pfresh store. Four truck days, four hours a day, 16 hours a week is average for most of our flow TMs. They used to all be scheduled 3.5 hours...

Our truck days are Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat and average around 2,500 pieces. Once a month our Sat might get canceled. Most of the TMs do get held on to for an extra hour, some pick up hours working the pfresh truck, others the backroom. Getting more hours in my store depends 100% on truck size and call outs.

Don't be nervous about lack of training. Flow is an easy job once you get the hang of it. Watch what the others do and don't be afraid to ask questions.

I work at a B volume Greatland, current pfresh store. Four truck days, four hours a day, 16 hours a week is average for most of our flow TMs. They used to all be scheduled 3.5 hours...

Our truck days are Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat and average around 2,500 pieces. Once a month our Sat might get canceled. Most of the TMs do get held on to for an extra hour, some pick up hours working the pfresh truck, others the backroom. Getting more hours in my store depends 100% on truck size and call outs.

Don't be nervous about lack of training. Flow is an easy job once you get the hang of it. Watch what the others do and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Thanks a lot for the Info and putting my mind at ease alittle!

I'm a B+ish store and we take 4 trucks a week. and 6 during 4Q. Most flow tms are scheduled for 6 to 11-12ish. Backroom flow gets a full shift every truck no matter the size. 6am-2:30pm. If all the work it done, we zone or clean the backroom.

I'm a B+ish store and we take 4 trucks a week. and 6 during 4Q. Most flow tms are scheduled for 6 to 11-12ish. Backroom flow gets a full shift every truck no matter the size. 6am-2:30pm. If all the work it done, we zone or clean the backroom.
What days do the trucks come?

It varies by store, and even then it varies by sales

My store gets them Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. If sales are up, we'll get more. During 4th quarter when sales are through the roof, we get one every day (sometimes 2 at a time).

When you get your first schedule, whatever days you have will be your truck days and they probably won't change until the end of summer and back-to-school shopping starts.

It varies by store, and even then it varies by sales

My store gets them Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. If sales are up, we'll get more. During 4th quarter when sales are through the roof, we get one every day (sometimes 2 at a time).

When you get your first schedule, whatever days you have will be your truck days and they probably won't change until the end of summer and back-to-school shopping starts.
Alright cool. Tomorrow Is my orientation so I will let everyone know whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back