What in your opinion is the worst thing Target has ever sold?

The Garth Brooks collection as far as entertainment item. Good ol' Garth sat on the clearance endcap all 4th quarter until he was finally put out of his misery and salvaged. And anything Merrie Mekko for softlines. Merrie Mekko was so bad at our store nobody would buy it at 70% off.

For the stores getting their hours cut.....what is your store doing to grow sales? With the changes over the last year our Softlines team is aggressively adding to basket size with accessories, grocery is adding to sales bringing in locally made product and constantly remerchandising front end space they were given. Electronics is pushing srps and we are using our very old boat to cross merchandise “sets” of things to buy together. Also, we pick and pack and pick so more orders will drop constantly. Many days the lods have a packing party. We are at a 15% sales increase over last year so everyone that wants 40 is getting 40. Hell I worked 50 last week with 10 on July 4th.
E2E. Stay to finish the market truck to have product out to sell. We can't sell air to guests and stuff doesn't sell sitting in the cooler.

These fuckin things always come in smashed and spilled inside the repacks

kyUUQIo.png

The”grow your own” mushrooms thing that’s being sold right now has me worked up because some of them just grow anyways through the package and create pest issues. Oh and seasonal’s potting soil may have brought fleas in to the backroom but that is not confirmed.

The Isiac Mizrahi grey raincoat. That thing was hideous.

Omg. Wow. Do u mean the space age looking foil coat??? That thing was sooooo bad. I only remember it cause like, all the team members kept trying it on and laughing. Or casually walking into huddles wearing it. Good for a laugh but went salvage with a full size run.

Those scooters for little kids that they sit on and propel with their feet. Kids ride them all over the store and they end up so far away from the toy section

The Garth Brooks collection as far as entertainment item. Good ol' Garth sat on the clearance endcap all 4th quarter until he was finally put out of his misery and salvaged. And anything Merrie Mekko for softlines. Merrie Mekko was so bad at our store nobody would buy it at 70% off.
That and the Price album we had years ago. Prince's New 3 CD Set Gets Target Exclusive - https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/269306/princes-new-3-cd-set-gets-target-exclusive
Nobody bought it. We had a half endcap full of them before they were salvaged. And those were the ones we didn't remove from the back.

9/10 of the Pride clothes for men. A lot of that stuff, I can't think of anyone I know, man or woman, that would willingly wear it. And 9/10 of it ended up on clearance.

Back