Archived What is red card fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming this means Red Card APPLICATION fraud. It's when a TM does fake red card applications in the system. This could include having someone apply multiple times, or putting in fake SSNs.

I'm assuming this means Red Card APPLICATION fraud. It's when a TM does fake red card applications in the system. This could include having someone apply multiple times, or putting in fake SSNs.

I know a sales floor TM who does the fake SSN. Thought it was to help to meet goal. Why isn't she termed?

Lol it's hilarious to me that anyone could think stealing something like that could be so simple. :confused:

I know a sales floor TM who does the fake SSN. Thought it was to help to meet goal. Why isn't she termed?

Each time it was found that a TM had inordinately high numbers of red cards, they were eventually found & termed for fraud.
Chances are they're documenting & building a case because spot is all about CYA.

I was chatting with a couple front end TMs recently and they refuse to believe reapplying for REDcards themselves even though they know the application with me rejected is fraud.

I sometimes wonder about guests who apply and I could swear they've applied in the past (debit card) and been rejected. I think they're applying repeatedly to get the 5% discount, knowing that they'll never get the card. That would be fraudulent but I have no idea how we'd enforce it other than to deny the 5% discount unless the card is approved and a temporary card issued.

As far as TM's committing fraud ... I can't understand why anyone would do that? Why risk losing a job for a better red card score? Such stupidity IMO.

As far as Redcard fraud goes I've been told it's fraudulent when you put in a persons information that is not present or if you yourself submit an application for yourself under your own team member #. Unfortunately I was one of the few people who was under investigation because I had a high number of Redcards (our APTL told me after he left the store.) He said he had to look into it because TLs said it was funny but he saw that all the apps I got and he viewed there was a guest present.

I was chatting with a couple front end TMs recently and they refuse to believe reapplying for REDcards themselves even though they know the application with me rejected is fraud.

This isn't fraud. The applications are for the person who attempted to sign up for them. It's dumb because it hurts your credit, but there's no limit on how much you can apply for a redcard.

This isn't fraud. The applications are for the person who attempted to sign up for them. It's dumb because it hurts your credit, but there's no limit on how much you can apply for a redcard.

It's not fraud, but it is "fraudulent." As in, completely against corporate policy and a firable offense. It's defrauding the scores to make your store look good.

I never would approve the 5% if they weren't approved. Corporate threatened our jobs over it once, so if a cashier wanted to push that through, they had to talk an LOD into it on my shift.

ETL & main LOD told us that we can give the 5% discount for any application, even if they're denied. A lot of cashiers were giving it when people were bringing in their disabled cards after the new ones were issued and they put a stop to that. I thought it was ridiculous to give a discount when we could not even verify if they were the legitimate card holder!

ETL & main LOD told us that we can give the 5% discount for any application, even if they're denied. A lot of cashiers were giving it when people were bringing in their disabled cards after the new ones were issued and they put a stop to that. I thought it was ridiculous to give a discount when we could not even verify if they were the legitimate card holder!
Who do you think is going to go down if they decide to go after someone for unauthorized discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back