Archived What makes a store “super freaky”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My super freaky store had extra food in the break room as we closed. I was going to take some more for my family, but LOD saw me and said "you can't take this home to mother!"

Super freaky store here. Tax free weekend and move in weekend are treated like Black Friday- complete with wristbands listing break times and catering on the busiest days. Pallets of futons up in the dollar spot. Pallets of desks in kids clothing for whatever reason. 3 drawer plastic carts and plastic storage crates selling out like nobody’s business. But then again there’s a couple state universities/major colleges, and a ton of community colleges out here, so no shortage of student shoppers any time soon.

Are students generally "better" guests as far as interacting with them goes? My friends who wait tables at restaurants always say that Millennials are way more chill than the older crowd.

Are students generally "better" guests as far as interacting with them goes? My friends who wait tables at restaurants always say that Millennials are way more chill than the older crowd.

Yeah they are awesome.

Unfortunately this time of year they bring their extremely stressed parents who make Hela from Thor 3 look like a fairy godmother.

One of the worst guest interactions I ever had was with a girl who I actually graduated high school with, she literally screamed at me and another GSTM for like 15 minutes and threw a tantrum over not getting her way but she kept saying “I work retail too so I’m not being rude” like yes the fuck you are ?? You should know better. I’m still bitter over it

I’m curious. If you work at a super freaky store please share some examples.

I work in a Super Freaky Store. We received 10 Pallets of Dorm-Sized Refrigerators last Tuesday (8 per pallet, exact same Fridge). After getting them put up on Risers, that same day a SFS order dropped for 36 of them in one order, ship alone, to some hotel. On top of those 10 Pallets, we received 10 Pallets of Pillows, 6 pallets of Hangers, etc... We have received 10 trucks a week, for the past two-weeks, and OT is being approved like its Black Friday. Not only with our BTC mess, but when I left at 1:15pm today, SFS still had ~1000 picks in the gun. This also doesn't include all of the plastic storage we get, bottled water, etc.

Last edited:
What is the 1040 joke lol pls guys I wanna be cool

What is the 1040 joke lol pls guys I wanna be cool
Welp, it all started when a man named Ol' Gil came besmirching the name of what can only be described as the 8th wonder of the modern world, T-1040, the local Target of Vista, CA. Since that time T-1040 has become a sacred place where payroll runs like water to ecstatic TMs, just like the amount of positive guests compliments from experiencing this holy Mecca of retail. Ol' Gil tried to sully the reputation of such a fine establishment which we have overwritten with fanatical praise in his absence.

Welp, it all started when a man named Ol' Gil came besmirching the name of what can only be described as the 8th wonder of the modern world, T-1040, the local Target of Vista, CA. Since that time T-1040 has become a sacred place where payroll runs like water to ecstatic TMs, just like the amount of positive guests compliments from experiencing this holy Mecca of retail. Ol' Gil tried to sully the reputation of such a fine establishment which we have overwritten with fanatical praise in his absence.
I knew there was some off-site local, where Target took all their fixture room pictures.

@Formina Sage, pale tells a great story about 1040.
Here are thread links:
Logistics - 1040 in vista - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/1040-in-vista.18313/#post-397514
anyone from 1040 in vista here? - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/anyone-from-1040-in-vista-here.18310/#post-397509
1040 store vista ca is still a joke - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/1040-store-vista-ca-is-still-a-joke.18602/#post-408542

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back