What makes you feel appreciated?

BTS results for our DC show that most TM do not feel recognized/appreciated nor did the teams feel their concerns are heard/addressed. But recognition and appreciation can be very subjective - curious what happens at other DCs and if our results are the norm, or if we really have an issue. To me, recognition for going above and beyond should be more that just the random “atta boy”. Why doesn’t target recognize good attendance? Or performance based bonuses? Something to show that those that continuously do, get rewarded? Some of us go far beyond the standard, so why not acknowledge that?

BTS results for our DC show that most TM do not feel recognized/appreciated nor did the teams feel their concerns are heard/addressed. But recognition and appreciation can be very subjective - curious what happens at other DCs and if our results are the norm, or if we really have an issue. To me, recognition for going above and beyond should be more that just the random “atta boy”. Why doesn’t target recognize good attendance? Or performance based bonuses? Something to show that those that continuously do, get rewarded? Some of us go far beyond the standard, so why not acknowledge that?
Performence sounds nice in theory, but then the favorites will be given the gravy to work while the TMs that dont kiss ass given the crap.

Personally I think recongition itself is straightforward. The bigger underlying issue with TMs that strive to achieve being unhappy with "recognition" has to do with the second issue, concerns and thoughts not being heard/adressed.

They will hand out bonuses to team members that have maxed out the pay scale but perform barely meeting minimum standards, but won’t give bonuses to those that go above and beyond, every day. And they act surprised that people are leaving. There is no incentive to stand out in reliability, prod, quality, or team work. None.

Two of our TL's always had shit in the break room for us. The last one kicked male TM's in the nuts every opportunity she had.

Performence sounds nice in theory, but then the favorites will be given the gravy to work while the TMs that dont kiss ass given the crap.

Personally I think recongition itself is straightforward. The bigger underlying issue with TMs that strive to achieve being unhappy with "recognition" has to do with the second issue, concerns and thoughts not being heard/adressed.
Also some DCs have older people. In my experience they have usually been at Target for a while and also are great consist worker so having some type of performance base pay or bonus doesn’t really help them at all. I’ve thought about this a lot of times and the hard part is having something that is equal to everyone and allows no one to have an advantage over other. Like people cherry picking or getting certain labels form the LCS is another example

Tbh it’s different for everyone. So people really do value words affirmation, other on my team enjoy acts of kindness and or gift so I’ll bing candy to handout or when cooking for the week I’ll make extra to bring to work and offer to coworker. We also have done potlucks for the week. Outside of that I would say just hanging out with your coworker outside of work held some. Makes you and your coworker feel part of the team and make it more family like.

Back