Archived What shoes do you wear to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I alternate between two pairs of Skechers (one sneaker, one casual). I tried the most expensive pair of C9 running shoes my store had during the holidays and I blew them out within 3 months.

Smelly shoes. How do some of the female workers especially the ETLs wear those ballet slippers? Ive said this before but I just don't get it. I guess it's fine if you are going to be clerical but if you were in hardliners, grocery, or backroom, it probably wouldn't be safe. If you drop something, you are not going to get that much protection wearing ballet slippers.

Asics Gel, 1/2 size larger than I normally wear so my feet can still feel comfortable even after swelling because I'm walking around for 9 straight hours. I used to wear C9's that I got on clearance, but those suckers wear out SO FAST...my last pair I wore down till they had actual holes in the soles. Gross. I decided I would rather pay a decent sum up front for a good pair of shoes instead of paying $25 over and over, and so far so good. I've had these Asics since March, I think? And they still look almost brand new.

I had one female ETL that wore heels. Seemed painful to be walking around in those on the sales floor.

^^ I don't understand how some people do it wearing just ballet flats, let alone heels. I foolishly decided to wear flats one day to work as it was a short shift and I was going somewhere afterwards and wanted to eliminate as many things I'd need to change into as possible. Four hours of sales floor in plain Mossimo flats and my feet were screaming. I've done 12h shifts that didn't make me as exhausted as that one shift.

I wear boots if I'm backroom or working truck, and flats if I'm doing basically anything else. When I run the AD team on Sundays I try to dress a little nicer then a regular ol day.

I wear my ancient set of black leather jungle boots. I used to wear running shoes but I was wearing them out every month or 2 so I dug these out. They hadn't seen use since the branches changed combat uniforms ~12 years ago.

Depends on area working... I work overnight and do some hardcore stuff so hiking shoes and some of those new drscholls massaging insoles (feels weird because its all bumpy) which make it the perfect footwear! I actually recommend those new insoles ..feeels great and feet aren't as sore after that 8 or more hours working

Keen expensive but soooo worth it Every other part of my body may be falling apart or aching, but never my feet!

I had one female ETL that wore heels. Seemed painful to be walking around in those on the sales floor.
I noticed when I worked there that the female etls would start out in heels but then a couple of days they would be in something a bit more comfortable.

I understand that some women especially the girly girl types love heels but why would you want to wear those on the sales floor? Just seems like you would probably wear them very fast and they would also probably kill your feet too. In my opinion, you should either wear steeled boots, boots, or sneakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back