Archived What shoes do you wear to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xl488004001.jpg

These plus Dr Scholl's gel insoles make me feel like I'm walking on a cloud.

To be honest I wear a pair of slip on shoes emblazoned with a few patches of the sex pistols with johnny rottens name on one shoe and i think sid vicious on the other.

I wear the Asics Gel series. Each pair generally lasts me a year. I have a high arch and they work well for that. I think I'm about due for a new pair, though... I try to snag them whenever a sale pops up so they aren't terribly expensive.

DO NOT wear fashion shoes just because they look nice/cool. If you have flat feet, go ahead and wear your Converse or your Toms because they feel good. Furthermore, try to break in your shoes before wearing them to work. I have a place where I walk (really nice wilderness area) and that's where I go to break in work shoes.

I'm sure most everyone here already knows as much, but you can't say it too many times... can you? ;D

New Balance shoes with Dr. Shoeles.

I paid $120 for the whole package but it's SO worth it.

xl488004001.jpg

These plus Dr Scholl's gel insoles make me feel like I'm walking on a cloud.

Do the Dr Scholl's gel insoles really work? I bought Dr Scholl's insoles, but not the gels one, the cheaper ones... should I spend the $10+ to avoid the feeling that my feet are going to fall off? I hate how my back and feet get all messed up from walking around on the HL floor. BOO!

My Nikes (I think they're running shoes, but I'm not sure) are a year or two old. The arch support is great because I have ridiculous arches, but my heels really get it by the end of my shift, especially if I'm cashing. I tried those gel inserts for my heels, but they seem to have disappeared into the geology of my bedroom.

I hate how my back and feet get all messed up from walking around on the HL floor. BOO!

I've found that walking around on the sales floor doesn't affect my feet as much as cashiering (standing in one place for 2+ hours at a time). When I first started, cashiering would bother my back a lot, but now I don't really feel anything. (Maybe I've gotten used to it?...)

Am I Crazy? I must be, as I though a $6 pair of Dr. Scholls would make these $90 shoes feel more comfortable. The insoles have no cusion at all and my feet hurt even after taking them off. Luckily the online store where I bought them has a good return policy including free return shipping. Will looking for a new pair of shoes after I finish typing this message, as well will getting the others shoes ready for UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back