Archived What should I do? We're closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

softlinesginger

Read-to-wear Lady
I don't know if this is common for all stores, but after we make our final closing announcements we transfer our phone to the "closing message" so when someone calls it gives them a "we're closed" message with an option for team members to still be patched through. I've had several times where a guest will call and use the team member line to talk to someone in the store (usually me) and ask a question along the lines of something being in stock or a return, etc.

Am I allowed to tell them we're closed and have them call back the next day or do I still have to help them? Technically it says the line is for team members only and the store is closed. It's just a huge inconvenience because we're always really busy at night after close and thats the time I have to get things done and not have to worry about guests.....

I don't know if this is common for all stores, but after we make our final closing announcements we transfer our phone to the "closing message" so when someone calls it gives them a "we're closed" message with an option for team members to still be patched through. I've had several times where a guest will call and use the team member line to talk to someone in the store (usually me) and ask a question along the lines of something being in stock or a return, etc.

Am I allowed to tell them we're closed or do I still have to help them? Technically it says the line is for team members only and the store is closed. It's just a huge inconvenience because we're always really busy at night after close and thats the time I have to get things done and not have to worry about guests.....
Tell them you’re closed!

Unfortunately the store is now closed, and as this line is for team members only I’m going to have to ask you to call back during our normal business hours which are from time x to time y. Have a good one!

Am I allowed to tell them we're closed and have them call back the next day or do I still have to help them? Technically it says the line is for team members only and the store is closed. It's just a huge inconvenience because we're always really busy at night after close and thats the time I have to get things done and not have to worry about guests.....
Yes tell them we are closed and the department experts have left for the day!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back