Archived What should I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I have NO idea if this is in the correct area, so sorry if this isn't relevant!

So I'm really interested in working in a different department at my store. Ive been a cashier since I was hired a year and a half ago. I have been asking and expressing interest and eagerness to work in my desired department for about 4 months. It's one of the "expert" departments and Im on the approved list to take up shifts there if someone calls out or needs coverage. I've already opened and closed that department so I have plenty of experience. I even got recognized by our district manager during a surprise undercover visit. Ive been recognized during huddles about my sales the times Ive worked there.

During the past 2 weeks, I had 2 separate interviews to work in said department and Im honestly anxious to know if I got it or not. Is there any possible way I could somehow find out if theres any indication to whether I got the position or not? I want to just straight up ask, but I dont know if that would look like Im impatient or not? Theres another team member who is also applying for the same position, they've been scheduling her in that department a lot. I notice that she tends to brag and show off her skills if she's around me, ex. bragging about compliments she gets from guests, how much she sold for the day, etc. Im trying to not get my hopes up, and the longer I have to wait, the more anxious I get.

I would love to hear from the perspective of possibly someone in HR, would it possibly lower my chances of getting the position if I ask directly? Or should I just wait? I just dont want them to think that Im uninterested. Im passionate about what we do in that department and I feel like I would offer a lot to the guests.

During the past 2 weeks, I had 2 separate interviews to work in said department and Im honestly anxious to know if I got it or not. Is there any possible way I could somehow find out if theres any indication to whether I got the position or not? I want to just straight up ask, but I dont know if that would look like Im impatient or not?

Im trying to not get my hopes up, and the longer I have to wait, the more anxious I get.

I would love to hear from the perspective of possibly someone in HR, would it possibly lower my chances of getting the position if I ask directly? Or should I just wait? I just dont want them to think that Im uninterested. Im passionate about what we do in that department and I feel like I would offer a lot to the guests.

Usually, they know right away if they want you for a position or not. If you don't want to seem impatient, then wait a week after your most recent interview. If you still haven't heard anything back at that time, then go ahead and ask them. It never hurts to ask as long as you aren't rude about it. If you don't get the job, just be gracious and let them know that you are still interested if another spot opens up. Good luck! Let us know what happens!

I'll be sure to do that, thank you! Its only been like a few days since my second interview haha so I'll try to stay patient.

Wait we do interviews to work in different work centers now??? I thought all you needed was your TL or ETL blessing.

Wait we do interviews to work in different work centers now??? I thought all you needed was your TL or ETL blessing.
Maybe for certain departments?

I was supposed to be interviewed when I moved to Electronics but they didn't feel like it

Interviewed? Since when has it become a "promotion" moving to another department? Is it the same to cross train to cover shifts?

Well at least in my store, they consider all of the departments "separate" so if you want to move to a different department, then you have to be interviewed! Especially for electronics and beauty, which are considered "expert" areas in my store, so they get a slightly higher pay rate than cashiers, so I guess it is a promotion!! Also, at least in my store, those departments pretty much only get open/close shifts so the hours are basically around 35-39 each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back