Archived What should I wear to my interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am applying for backroom/instocks team lead. What should I wear to my interview with HR-ETL, STL, and DTL? Should I wear my best red and khaki or should I wear a dress/blouse & skirt or a nice pair of slacks/blouse? Or do they even care what you are wearing as long as it is brand?

Always best to overdress.
Going nice to an interview is good for a first impression.
It means you are making an effort and want the job.

If your internal applicant I would go with red and khaki. Dress shirt and nice pants.

External I would also do dress shirt and pants but not necessarily red and khaki.

I'm an internal applicant and I was thinking my best red and khaki if they scheduled my interview during one of my workdays and a dress if it was scheduled on my day off. What about to my DTL interview? I was thinking the same dress I wear to my day off interview... I love you guys... thanks for your help. I appreciate your experience and love your kindness!!!

Whenever they have internals interviews at my store, they wear their best red and khaki. But ask whoever is developing you what works for your district.

Yes, I agree. Wear your best red and khakis. Most DTLs look for this in an internal interview. If you work beforehand, bring a spare set.

Internals I've always seen wear their best red and khaki.

I always recommend external males wear a white dress shirt with a red tie and khakis. I wore that except in a suit for my ETL interviews. I think it helps put the interviewer in a position to envision you in that position.

Well I was referring a Cake song but a skirt is okay just make sure it's not too short. When I was in high school, skirts had to be as long as a girl's fingertips but this is an interview. If you wear a skirt, probably want to make sure its not shorter than knee length. Dress pants are probably fine too. Probably don't wear leggings or disco pants or sweatpants.

Very best to you, we will all be thinking of you and sending out good Vibes!

I would wear my best Keith Richards t-shirt , but red and khaki sounds nice too.

That's how the song goes but me personally no because I don't want a woman to trip over her long jacket. And if she's wearing a looooooooooooooooong jacket doesn't that negate her short skirt? But back to the interview attire, I think with target you don't have to dress up super nice if you are applying for a team member job. I mean obviously, you don't want to show up in a t shirt and shorts or jeans. If you're applying for a leadership position then yeah definitely dress up super nice.

I am applying for backroom/instocks team lead. What should I wear to my interview with HR-ETL, STL, and DTL? Should I wear my best red and khaki or should I wear a dress/blouse & skirt or a nice pair of slacks/blouse? Or do they even care what you are wearing as long as it is brand?
If you are an internal, khakis and button up red shirt, and nice shoes.
If you are an external, then dress your best.

On one of my last interviews, my ETL-SL/GE railroaded me and decided to interview me without notice for a TL position at the quarter end of a long Food Ave shift. Nothing better than smelling like grease and sweat and having hat hair when interviewing.

Last edited:
I was always told to wear the best you had. Even if target isn't your career goal, you should still dress to show that it is important to you. I wore a suit to my TL interview, was I overdressed? Most likely, but I can tell you the DTL was surprised in a pleasant way. We joked about it, and in the end I passed without an issue. When my Senior interviews rolled around (2 months later lol) I did the same. I've helped develop and mentor two team members during my time as a leader, I recommended they each wear suits when going, and they each did just fine and they are astounding leaders in their stores. I'm not saying the suit guarantees the passing, but it does set a different level of professionalism that most DTL do not see until the ETL level. Just an opinion :) I'm horrible with the proper terms for women's clothing, so sub in the correct terms above 0_0

I was always told to wear the best you had. Even if target isn't your career goal, you should still dress to show that it is important to you. I wore a suit to my TL interview, was I overdressed? Most likely, but I can tell you the DTL was surprised in a pleasant way. We joked about it, and in the end I passed without an issue. When my Senior interviews rolled around (2 months later lol) I did the same. I've helped develop and mentor two team members during my time as a leader, I recommended they each wear suits when going, and they each did just fine and they are astounding leaders in their stores. I'm not saying the suit guarantees the passing, but it does set a different level of professionalism that most DTL do not see until the ETL level. Just an opinion :) I'm horrible with the proper terms for women's clothing, so sub in the correct terms above 0_0
Dress for success.

Dress for success.

44016776.jpg

If it's not too late, I would recommend dressing your best as opposed to dressing Red and Khaki. I didn't believe it until I was interviewing people but a well-dressed interviewee made a better impression than shitty red/khaki or normal street clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back