Archived What to do with the closetful of red shirts?

Red shirts?

• Mix them with the casual shirts and keep wearing them

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Store them, in case you go back

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Donate them

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Turn them into cleaning rags

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Burn them and toast marshmallows over the flames

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sniffing out the escape hatch myself. My one pair of khakis and two plain shirts will probably be taken to Goodwill, and my one branded shirt will go to the trash. I'll keep the nice plaid for now.

Last time I left, I gave away the red shirts that were in good condition to a minor TM. The rest I think I donated or recycled. Khakis were in such a sad state that they just got tossed out.

I did consider a red and khaki bonfire.

OOOH. I did keep my "Backroom Certified" shirt though. It's two sizes too big so I use it as a sleep shirt.

FatherlyEnergeticDavidstiger-small.gif

I'm circling around the edge of the escape hatch myself, as it happens--and this would be for good if it pans out.

I'm one of those obnoxious maroon-wearing people, though I have some true red. I only buy things I enjoy wearing, so I'll keep it. I have a couple of brand t-shirts I wear if I'm doing flexes that day because if they get torn/stained I don't care. As they haven't, I'll offer them to coworkers.

I have been wearing jeans since December. My khakis are for yardwork now.

When I get ready to leave or change sizes I normally offer to tm about my size first, then bring in and offer for free. I don't wear red except for work.

Donated some, handed some down to another TM in my household, sold some at my garage sale ($1 for t-shirts and $3 for sweaters).
I kept a couple to wear under my uniform at my much better paying new job. I escaped in October 2017. $12 an hour no benefits >>>>$30 an hour with union benefits.

Woot! Finally heard back from the place. Two weeks, I'll be a guest.

I just can't mix the shirts into my daily wear, not even the cute, weird red shade shirts. I just really, really, really don't want to wear those shirts again.

Woot! Finally heard back from the place. Two weeks, I'll be a guest.

I just can't mix the shirts into my daily wear, not even the cute, weird red shade shirts. I just really, really, really don't want to wear those shirts again.
Congrats and Good Luck!

I recycle my shirts. There is a local textile recycling company in my city.

Congrats to Tessa!

I attended a company event today. At the event a manager passed out t-shirts for us to wear in theme with the event. Because we are donating to the American Heart Association the event color was red, so I had to wear a red shirt to a company event. 🤮

At least I didn't have to wear khaki color pants to the event.

@Hardlinesmaster You are scaring me now and making me want to close my blinds. I already had to change my user name because @jenna 's user name was nearly identical to mine.😉

Last edited:
So all the red shirts ended up in storage. I just this week found a pair of khaki pants, those joined the red shirts in storage. I just can't handle them on my skin.

New job is working out. Internet sales. Pay is $12, but better hours, full time with benefits. And not quite a month and I've already earned $400 bonus money.

GTFO of Target. 2 days in, I woke up on day 3 feeling awesome, stress level so low. Goals take some hard work to finish, but completely doable, and that last part makes all the difference.

New job is working out. Internet sales. Pay is $12, but better hours, full time with benefits. And not quite a month and I've already earned $400 bonus money.

Glad it's working out for you👍

And that bonus pushes up your hourly average about $2.50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back