Archived What VIPs will lose their jobs since the breach? What company changes can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Will it be Gregg?

Will it be part of our accounting department?
Will it be the IT people?

Of course, this issue may not be enough to justify firings.....but add to the mix all the problems with the Canada launch, screw-ups with labor hours, lower than expected sales, the new MAX scheduling program. And of course there's a whole bunch of bad choices that we've all been witness to this past two years.

Maybe Target ought to consider either selling themselves OR try to partner with a smaller national store chain.......maybe Kohl's...or perhaps we could help bring back Sears/Kmart as viable partners........

Nobody.
They might bring out some poor IT security guy to execute but I don't think it will even go that far.
American corporate executives won't resign or take responsibility when people die from their companies actions.
Do you think a little matter of hacked security will bring the slightest change?

I would really like to know how bad the breach really was & what systems were impacted. I am starting to think that the bad guys tried to access the hr side of spot & might of got into our personal files.

I find it funny that people think target is in that much trouble....

I would really like to know how bad the breach really was & what systems were impacted. I am starting to think that the bad guys tried to access the hr side of spot & might of got into our personal files.

What makes you think this and what would they be looking for? Bank account #'s from direct deposit?

There is no way in hell the entire company has to change their passwords for sh*ts and giggles. They breached eHR somehow and spot doesn't want us to know because then they're going to have massive walk outs on their hands. Things just don't add up right here and it's not looking good.

They claim it's routine maintenance that they do every now and then. Right. We already have to change them every 90 days...and I would be surprised if anyone here who has been with Spot more than a couple of years were to tell me that they do this every so often.

I don't know what it's about, but I'm not falling for the "routine maintenance" line.

There is no way in hell the entire company has to change their passwords for sh*ts and giggles. They breached eHR somehow and spot doesn't want us to know because then they're going to have massive walk outs on their hands. Things just don't add up right here and it's not looking good.

Was this mass password change recent? I guess I haven't had to log on to eHR in a while, but I'm on Workbench at least once per shift and it hasn't made me change mine yet. Maybe it will tomorrow... I think more than anything I don't appreciate how much we've been kept in the dark. Even if the password change is just purely from a precautionary standpoint, a message on the password change screen saying that would at least be nice. Wonder how long until old Gregg makes another "everything's fine, just stick your head back in the sand!" Youtube video for us?

I find it funny that people think target is in that much trouble....

Why wouldn't they be? Regardless of whether or not they're at fault, and if they could have prevented it or not, at the very least its terrible from a PR standpoint. Target is going to take a hit from this financially, if nothing else, and you and every other team member will be the first to feel it via more cuts in hours. The future for this company is not bright at all, and that's one of the reasons why I'm trying frantically to get out.

Passwords have to be changed by January 13th... so you probably wouldn't notice until then, if there aren't already signs up all over the place like there are at mine.

I haven't seen anything in clerical about PW changes nor have I been told to do so. However, I did have to change mine when I tried to log in two days ago.

It is under the Headlines on Workbench home page. I noticed that eHR can't be accessed from Target.com. I hope that this is a precaution being taken and nothing has has been breached. Knowing that Target is reactive and not proactive I am pretty concerned now and taking action with my bank to prevent anything. The company doesn't care about Beats headphones constantly walking out the door, I doubt they care about the teams bank account information.

I don't think anyone at store level (including STLs) know what is truly happening. I was talking with my ETL-HR and he also thinks the password change is related to the breach.

My store seems completely unaware of having to change passwords by the 13th, but I changed mine today to avoid the rush when they finally realize we all have to do it.

We were notified at huddle today that our password had to be changed by the 13th or you'll be locked out from logging on. We were also told that it is being done to protect our personal info. Interesting!!!! Sounds like the breach was and "inside" job, doesn't it?

I tried to change my PW today and couldn't - and no one could tell me where to go to change it.

There are no signs, and the HR TM told me she thought it was just if you had Target email.

The GSTL told me Sunday to change mine - but I forgot, and seriously, I cannot figure out where to do it....

I tried to change my PW today and couldn't - and no one could tell me where to go to change it.
There are no signs, and the HR TM told me she thought it was just if you had Target email.
The GSTL told me Sunday to change mine - but I forgot, and seriously, I cannot figure out where to do it....
Go to workbench icon, login to it, it will ask for your password & for a new password.

The breach happened almost three weeks ago. If they got our info then, and they're just now instructing us to change our passwords, I feel like this is going to be too little too late. When you consider eHR has our address, phone number, full name, etc and some criminal has access to all that... Not cool. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I want some answers from someone. This is kind of potentially a big deal.

Go to workbench icon, login to it, it will ask for your password & for a new password.
I was there, and it didn't ask me or prompt me. My ETL has a message she has 10 days to change hers, because she commented on it when I was trying to do mine.

I can poke around again on Friday....

I was there, and it didn't ask me or prompt me. My ETL has a message she has 10 days to change hers, because she commented on it when I was trying to do mine.

I can poke around again on Friday....

Click on the workbench icon (NOT eHR). At the log in screen, do not log in. Instead, right below the log in there is a link to change password. Click on that, and you can change your password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back