Archived What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I was at the SD. Girl comes in with a drone. She has her receipt (purchased at another store 5 days prior). I look at the receipt, it was paid for with either Visa or MC gift cards (there were 5 $100 debit card transactions listed). I tell her she'll have to go to the original store to return it (it was late and the desk was a complete mess). I know I could have done the return and just put it in a gift card instead of giving cash but I just didn't feel like dealing with it at all. So, she leaves and the chick that was standing behind her (holding a box of Beats) also left. I'm just going to assume that she had a receipt just like drone girl.

Anyway, after they leave, GSA comes over and asks what the first girl was trying to return. I told her one of those robots and she said drone. That's interesting. I tell her that I denied the return though and that the girl on line also left after I denied the first one. She then said something under her breath and I was like what's wrong? She tells me that she knows the guy who the items belong to. I'm thinking, oh wow, they were trying to return stolen items. Silly me, thinking my GSA is innocent. She tells me that the guy the items belong to was calling and texting her like crazy beforehand. She then says she doesn't know why he would send in those raggedy ass girls to do the returns though.

Do I talk to AP? That didn't sit right with me at all. Does that mean if I wasn't at the desk that she would have processed the return and given cash back? Would she have gotten a cut?

That reminds me of the time this man came in to Best Buy for a return except he bought his item from Wal-Mart! After a big to do they just did the return. You were totally in the right. The whole thing just seems sketchy as hell!

If your GSA is involved in anyway it is a very serious matter.

Tell your ETL AP immediately. Or call the hotline if you want to be anonymous.

Trust your gut, let AP deal with it. Definitely talk to your ETL-AP in private so no one else overhears you and warns said GSA.

Hey, don't comprise your GSAs job so quick. What if she had a man try to return those items earlier that day, or the day before and she denied him as well? And now she just recognized the same items, and wonders why he sent in the girls he did.

Hey, don't comprise your GSAs job so quick. What if she had a man try to return those items earlier that day, or the day before and she denied him as well? And now she just recognized the same items, and wonders why he sent in the girls he did.
If there's nothing to hide it won't be a problem...but getting texted is fishy. Returning a relatively new high priced item is fishy. It being bought with a bunch of gift cards is a tad fishy. I'd report it in a heartbeat.

If there's nothing to hide it won't be a problem...but getting texted is fishy. Returning a relatively new high priced item is fishy. It being bought with a bunch of gift cards is a tad fishy. I'd report it in a heartbeat.

Ah yes. I guess I forgot about that part. That is really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back