Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellenswellor

Market PA
Working as a PA I have seen a lot of gross food, I've spent a lot of time by the trash compactor, and I've scraped that dried up rotten milk out of the bottoms of the milk coolers. I assumed that my job is one of the nastier jobs. But I expect it. What is not expected: a zip block bag of human excrement under one of the tables in Redy to wear... Why do I hear so many dressing room horror storries!? Finding blood in the crotchets of swimsuits? Pee pants? Poop in a bag?! Share the horror storries, soft lines it's your time to shine.

One of these in Toys. I about shit myself. I had no clue what it was at the time, but it looked vicious (if actually had huge pincers as it was the female version of this and held them wide open.. I ended up calling the LoD and we got it into a box and threw it into the compactor

Male-Dobsonfly.jpg

For me its in between, being given an item that a baby/toddler has gummed on through out the store. The guest just says, "Sorry...I was just trying to keep him/her quiet." And doesn't care they kid just made the item a defect.

Pushing the old grease to the grease trap behind the store.

To being a cart attendant and having to grab carts from outside with trash bags full of smelly trash, mushed up food, puke, or messy diaper bombs.

Spoiled Similac baby formula. The smell is gagging.

To working and cleaning the can/bottle recycler machines. You either have left over soda, beer, wine, liquor, spit/sinus junk, used tabacco spit, and other mystery fluids left in the bottles and cans. And then you have to handle and process all the cans/bottles from the breakroom. Nothing nastier than handling the trash of your

Those guests that bring back used items for those sensitive or biohazard situations. A guests trying to bring back a breast milk pumping machine that had been used; even though the packing says DO NOT RETURN TO STORE. Or a guest bringing back a used bikini trimmer.

To the worst being to walk into the restroom and finding one of the stalls with feces on the floors and walls. Sometimes the ceiling.

Watched a woman, in the midst of our heaviest holiday hours, changing her kid's diaper on a shelf in seasonal. No mat, blanket, anything, just a poopy baby's ass hanging out on a shelf next to the Christmas lights while his mom rummaged in her diaper bag like this was the most normal thing in the world. I just turned around and went back to the backroom where things were a little more sane.

Oddly I'm feeling a little better about the spoiled milk...

Someone did a #2 in the urinal in the men's room, and a piece of fried chicken in the deli with a feather sticking out of it are my most recent experiences.

One of these in Toys. I about shit myself. I had no clue what it was at the time, but it looked vicious (if actually had huge pincers as it was the female version of this and held them wide open.. I ended up calling the LoD and we got it into a box and threw it into the compactor

Male-Dobsonfly.jpg

what the hell is that???

Greg Steinhafel's Dog.

Just kidding its a Dobsonfly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonfly

That one in the picture is bigger than the one we had

This is almost exactly like the one I found. Lol

dobsonfly-female-large.jpg

I guess you did warn us @RedCashier but wow.

I did have to clean up one that was just about that bad at the bookstore so now I'm having flashbacks, thanks.
What is it about woman's bathrooms?

Let's see... in 20 years, I could fill this page, but I will just mention the two that popped to mind instantly. The first was a 12 pack of canned dog food that sat at the back of a shelf in pets, where one of the cans apparently was punched open somehow. It sat there for some time and became infested with maggots and the foulest of smells. I was the lucky one to find it during an overnight of tearing down all of our pet aisles for pest control... it was something else.

The second? Not gross, per say... but a man laid his head down and died one night in our Food Ave. That was... not so fun.

Let's see... in 20 years, I could fill this page, but I will just mention the two that popped to mind instantly. The first was a 12 pack of canned dog food that sat at the back of a shelf in pets, where one of the cans apparently was punched open somehow. It sat there for some time and became infested with maggots and the foulest of smells. I was the lucky one to find it during an overnight of tearing down all of our pet aisles for pest control... it was something else.

The second? Not gross, per say... but a man laid his head down and died one night in our Food Ave. That was... not so fun.

You win.

1) Trail of poop droplets leading from the front door to the restroom. I convinced one of our ETLs to ask the person in the stall if they need some assistance in purchasing new pants.

2)During inventory prep in the stockroom found a case of soup on the top shelf that had damaged cans. They had leaked, and there were flies and maggots, and the smell was awful. Couple dozen Clorox wipes and the shelf was clean, yay me.

Mine was cat food and the fish variety pack. I got a extra break and Sbux for that one. Cause I saved an ETL from making another mess from her dry heaving. The second half of your story, I understand all too well. Just not at work.

Women's white terry cloth pants with a blood stain in the crotch, put back neatly on the rack (probably by the guest) and an old packed sandwich from the deli hiding in the jean wall. Not too terrifying.

Someone took a dumb in the mens urinal and we had to remove it and it was neither liquid nor solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back