Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past weekend, had a fella who's keys fell in the toilet after he was done and wanted us to get them out. I went to the back where the food side linens are kept, got him a metal garment hanger, and gave it to him. Almost the same as getting your keys out of a locked car.

I still can't smell bubble gum without flashing back to that moment.

Retail PSTD right here.

This past weekend, had a fella who's keys fell in the toilet after he was done and wanted us to get them out. I went to the back where the food side linens are kept, got him a metal garment hanger, and gave it to him. Almost the same as getting your keys out of a locked car.

Garment hanger? So basically a peg hook? Sorry never heard that term before

I still can't smell bubble gum without flashing back to that moment.

Retail PSTD right here.

Garment hanger? So basically a peg hook? Sorry never heard that term before

Just a basic metal clothes hanger.

cleaned up a stall covered in poop. i told the brand attendent and he refused. i regularly do this in seniors homes so i cleaned it up. etl hr saw me cleaning it up and told me im a trooper. i even cleaned other spots i thought the person may have touch just to be safe. it was a squatters worst nightmare..taco tuesday night. i scrubbed the toliet and those walls like i was possess by mr. clean. fun stuff.

cleaned up a stall covered in poop. i told the brand attendent and he refused. i regularly do this in seniors homes so i cleaned it up. etl hr saw me cleaning it up and told me im a trooper. i even cleaned other spots i thought the person may have touch just to be safe. it was a squatters worst nightmare..taco tuesday night. i scrubbed the toliet and those walls like i was possess by mr. clean. fun stuff.
Gtc's to you!

Another story I remember was actually from a few weeks ago, someone carved "SCREW OBAMA" or "IMPEACH OBAMA" or something like that on the wall in the bathroom and then someone came along and just smeared crap all over it. People are disgusting.

My LOD once found an empty condom wrapper in one of the freezers on the salesfloor. The look on his face was priceless. I haven't found too much crazy stuff, but being a PA I have seen some nasty food items. Especially because one of our PAs doesn't tend to do a deep cull and will often miss a ton of stuff.

You all win. We've found a few period bathing suit bottoms in the fitting room, and I know someone peed in one of the fitting rooms once. But after reading this whole thread, that's nothing.

OH.

I dunno if this counts as gross but someone found this packet of synthetic marijuana in the fitting rooms once.

Compared to actual marijuana, that stuff is indeed pretty gross.

I once found a dimebag on the ground while doing political canvassing. It was better than it had any right to be.

Let's see... in 20 years, I could fill this page, but I will just mention the two that popped to mind instantly. The first was a 12 pack of canned dog food that sat at the back of a shelf in pets, where one of the cans apparently was punched open somehow. It sat there for some time and became infested with maggots and the foulest of smells. I was the lucky one to find it during an overnight of tearing down all of our pet aisles for pest control... it was something else.

The second? Not gross, per say... but a man laid his head down and died one night in our Food Ave. That was... not so fun.
So you guys got to close and go home early? Awesome

The grossest thing I've seen in my 7 years at target.. hmm
this was back when i was on Flow, a backroom tm fell off of the wave, and in the process busted his head open. there was blood everywhere!! thats probably one of the grossest scariest thing ive seen.

The grossest thing I've seen in my 7 years at target.. hmm
this was back when i was on Flow, a backroom tm fell off of the wave, and in the process busted his head open. there was blood everywhere!! thats probably one of the grossest scariest thing ive seen.
One of the stores near me had a guest who literally walked into the door and the same thing happened to her....how on earth she managed to hit them BEFORE they opened all the way, I have no clue, but she did. A friend of mine who works there said it was NASTY!!! I guess it knocked her out, they called an ambulance & even blocked off that entrance for a couple of hours until they were sure they had all the blood cleaned up sufficiently. Apparently, some TMs were taking pictures of the aftermath and the STL flipped & made them delete them....one supposedly didn't & posted it on Facebook & got coached for it :eek:

We have a guest who came in to the pharmacy with an active, open MRSA wound on her face. It was DISGUSTING!!! She then proceeded to pull her money for her prescription OUT OF HER BRA!!! Needless to say, I left it sitting on the counter and pulled out a pair of gloves from the immunization kit to pick it up after she left. I basically soaked it in alcohol, then put it in one of our plastic pharmacy bags & didn't even put it in the register, it went straight in the $$ bag. I'm not sure exactly how they handled it at the end of the night, but I wasn't taking any chances....:confused:

I basically soaked it in alcohol, then put it in one of our plastic pharmacy bags & didn't even put it in the register, it went straight in the $$ bag. I'm not sure exactly how they handled it at the end of the night, but I wasn't taking any chances....:confused:

I would... fill a bowl with Warm water, and microwave it to boiling temperatures, and then soak the money in the hot water, for 5-10 minutes. Nothing can survive in temperatures above 160*F.

You guys have a microwave, and fridge in your pharmacy, right?

ETL and various others putting handle of PDA in their buttcrack because they don't like using the gun belts..or the few billion times the bathrooms backed up and flooded front end and hallway by time clock

Two things come to mind.

I was taking some turkey pepperoni off of the shelf to FIFO by scooping them all up into my arms to place into a 3-tier. As soon as I had them against my chest, I smelled the most putrid smell I have ever smelled. One of the packages had a small hole and was leaking black, decaying liquid pepperoni juice that had been there for who knows how long. I immediate ran off the floor and got my dry heaving under control. Had to buy a new shirt.

The worst was when a woman had a miscarriage while checking out. The cashier ushered her behind the checkout lane to where the cashier stands so that she would have as much privacy as possible. After the EMTs took the poor woman away, I helped clean up the mat and surrounding area of blood and other fluids for a good 30 minutes. I have never regretted taking the hazardous spill clean up training more than that day.

On opening day we had somebody take a dump in one of the fitting rooms and smeared it everywhere. I'm talking about the door, walls, and carpet.

A lady returned a "bikini line trimmer."

When asked if there was anything wrong with the item (it was still in the bag), she said, "Oh, it stopped working when I used it" and unveiled the device with (lots) hairs still in the trimmer... And it was still wet... Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Bloody footprints leading to the bathroom that got bloodier and more distinct as you got closer to the bathroom.

A literal pile of shit in front of the trading cards.

And recently someone bled out in the same bathroom.

Makes me never want to poop ever again.

A lady returned a "bikini line trimmer."

When asked if there was anything wrong with the item (it was still in the bag), she said, "Oh, it stopped working when I used it" and unveiled the device with (lots) hairs still in the trimmer... And it was still wet... Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Something similar happened at my store. We ESIM bagged that bad boy pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back