Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dented (and partially opened) cans of dog food under the base deck definitely was the worst thing I've smelled in my time at spot. Found it during a reset. No idea how long it had been there, but the dates showed they expired almost two years before that.

Using the trash compactor is always a lovely experience.
There's years old sludge caked onto the walls from all the rancid milk and other stuff leaking from the bags as you throw them inside.
Well then your team isn't using the compactor correctly... best practice is to dump all liquid in to a drain first... ;)

Even better was the time we had to dispose of all those the eggs after there was a scandal over how the chickens were being handled.
When the BR TL hit the compactor button the scrambled egg mix came right up to the edge before it went down then it started leaking out the sides.
They had a pickup for the dumpster scheduled for that day.
Of course a day after the eggs were supposed to be destroyed they sent out instructions on Best Practice which involved putting them in garbage bags and not compacting but a day late and a dollar short.

Maybe not the grossest thing in this thread...but a mother let her child drool all over a shirt she was buying (especially the tag) and put it on the belt. Didn't tell me it was nasty. I made the worst face and she laughed, asked me if I had kids. I said no, because I couldn't and that I was barren. She didn't even feel bad, just laughed. My GSA ran and got me hand sanitizer before I tore her a new one

Posted this on a separate thread, but a couple weeks ago we had a guest that lost their lunch while running for the bath room. From the middle of ready-to-wear. A distance of probably 45 feet of a good, solid line of vomit. I don't know how the hell their stomach even held that much in it, but I nearly added to the mess. I'm extremely happy that I'm not a cart attendant (though I did help get carpet cleaner and keep clueless guest from walking through it).

Even better was the time we had to dispose of all those the eggs after there was a scandal over how the chickens were being handled.
When the BR TL hit the compactor button the scrambled egg mix came right up to the edge before it went down then it started leaking out the sides.
They had a pickup for the dumpster scheduled for that day.
Of course a day after the eggs were supposed to be destroyed they sent out instructions on Best Practice which involved putting them in garbage bags and not compacting but a day late and a dollar short.
First year in market we had over a hundred cases of eggs to qmos after Easter. Etl-log insisted I bag then fir brand reasons. Took over an hour to bag and toss them all...I think of her every year.

Mostly rotted food and vomit for me. Anything canned the seal breaks on is the worst.

Dog food dented open with hundreds of maggots that rushed out when I picked it up to toss from the floor. Huge rat carcasses from the backroom and there piles of droppings.

Rotten pumpkin. I received a nice; new bin of pumpkins last year. When culling, I reached down, picked one up, and it imploded in my hand, juice squirting everywhere. Foulest odor I've ever smelled. I went and bought a new pair of khakis and a red v-neck immediately, and changed. Fuck pumpkins.

an entire bag full of clearly used unlaundered underwear. I there was no way in hell I would open that bag I used their receipt and returned them that way. It was a mishmash of Men's women's boy's and girl's. they don't pay me enough to open deal with stuff like that!

We have a guest who came in to the pharmacy with an active, open MRSA wound on her face. It was DISGUSTING!!! She then proceeded to pull her money for her prescription OUT OF HER BRA!!! Needless to say, I left it sitting on the counter and pulled out a pair of gloves from the immunization kit to pick it up after she left. I basically soaked it in alcohol, then put it in one of our plastic pharmacy bags & didn't even put it in the register, it went straight in the $$ bag. I'm not sure exactly how they handled it at the end of the night, but I wasn't taking any chances....:confused:
as a person who works cash office I have seen pretty disgusting bills come thru.

dead rats... several dead rats under bottom backroom shelves. Our rat problem was so bad at one point that we could not go in our backroom candy aisle because the odor of rat urine was so strong. We locate all our candy in plastic storage bins with lids now.

dead rats... several dead rats under bottom backroom shelves. Our rat problem was so bad at one point that we could not go in our backroom candy aisle because the odor of rat urine was so strong. We locate all our candy in plastic storage bins with lids now.

Rats!!! OMG Our biggest problem in the backroom was a chipmunk. We finally got him with a sav a heart and released him away from the store.

Both restrooms backing up and raw sewage coming up through the drains with bugs everywhere!!!

Dead mice at service desk; someone kept stashing bags of returned candy in one of the drawers.
Evidently they'd gorged themselves on Skittles & died behind one of the bins.
The weird thing? The surrounding poop pellets were all kinds of funky colors.
Don't taste THAT rainbow....

I am a PA and remember cleaning out where we have our ribs.. apparently one had leaked out and drained down into the plastic glass holder thing. When i went to pull it out it was as if someone blew the BIGGEST (bloody) lugy ever into the crevice..,.

Next I was hit in the face with the worst stench to ever grace this earth, I dry heaved in the bathroom for a bit, and can still remember that smell... Holy %#$@

Rotten pumpkin. I received a nice; new bin of pumpkins last year. When culling, I reached down, picked one up, and it imploded in my hand, juice squirting everywhere. Foulest odor I've ever smelled. I went and bought a new pair of khakis and a red v-neck immediately, and changed. Fuck pumpkins.
I did live goods at home depot for years, you haven't lived till you are shoulder deep in a rotten pumpkin...

Dobson Fly

I didn't know that at the time, and figured it was some alien that arrived with our bananas. I had to figure out what the hell it was afterwards.

I'd scream if I saw that and I wouldn't go anywhere near those aisles for like a month.

I can't stand huge bugs.

I'd scream if I saw that and I wouldn't go anywhere near those aisles for like a month.

I can't stand huge bugs.
I'm an odd one. I'd probably squeak with joy and gently try to capture him. (Fun fact. The ones with the huge pincer jaws are male, and they use those jaws to wrestle other males. Literally harmless.)

I'm an odd one. I'd probably squeak with joy and gently try to capture him. (Fun fact. The ones with the huge pincer jaws are male, and they use those jaws to wrestle other males. Literally harmless.)

Be that as it may, the terror I would feel seeing that thing would override logical thought.

The worst I've ever had to deal with was an overnight tm who would not wear a belt and on occasion when I would come around the corner to the bailer his pants would be around his ankles. The fact that he never wore any underwear only added to the grossness factor. And FYI this same guy must of had a few screws loose because on more than one occasion he had to be talked to about his body odor. I think they finally fired him when he shit his pants and left a trail from the aisle he was stocking to the bathroom and treated it like it was no big deal.

Shit trail across the front end. Some kid messed his pants leaving the bathroom and was too scared to tell his mom. The poop fell from his pants and continued to fall until they got to their register. Several people stepped on it unknowingly so it was tracked all around front end. It wasn't until 1 person looked down and declared there was shit on the floor did people notice where the smell was coming from. It smelled for 2 hours. I never hated being a cashier so much then at very moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back