Archived What's your most feared position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question when you guys are trying to take out pallets out of the truck during unload and the pallet is stacked 2 high
How do you guys get it out if the truck because my team we stand on the line and chuck the top layer off the pallet untill it will fit through the dock doors or if its a paper pallet we ram it at the door untill the pallet the top pallet is slightly off then we kinda pull the top pallet off and unto the ground and come back for it after the bottom pallet is out of the truck.

Usually we can get the top one off with the Crown stacker. There's not a whole lot of clearance inside the trailer obviously but you really only need to raise the upper pallet by an inch or so. We have a stepladder next to the dock door if we need to knock off the top layer but that rarely happens.

We used to do the ramming method until the top pallet fell off and hit one of the throwers (it was a Bounty PIPO, no injuries) but the ETL was still spooked and told us no ramming again ever.

We used to use the crown but then we were told it takes to long to go get it and bring it to the trailer and for the yellow ladder thing
One of the old ETL log. Decided we didnt need it any more and threw it away and we never got a new one.
We still use the crown if the pallet is really iffy. But we dont really have any bad injuries i the trucks because only experienced unloaders are allowed any were near the trailer

We used to use the crown but then we were told it takes to long to go get it and bring it to the trailer and for the yellow ladder thing

yeah it really doesn't, the Crown is always parked 20 ft away and the throwers only have to pause for a minute or two at most

Someone chunked the yellow stepladder a while ago so now we have a metal folding one from Home Depot lol

I like Price Change out of all the work centers that I do. We are a team of 4 and you are basically left alone to do the task list. Thankfully we will not lose our pricing team or POG team. We are a very very busy store. On Black Friday we are usually up in the top 5 of the company. We are also still an overnight store.
We are down to a team of 2, with help at times. It's been a struggle to keep up because we are on days. We were told this week that Softlines is doing their own PC now. Great. Except we trained 3 people (2 new hires) for maybe 30 minutes each and then they get pulled away to do truck, push, guest first, etc... Our workload is caught up and softlines is now over 3 days behind. It's making me anxious because I hate that and want to fix it. I don't know why we weren't allowed to train them longer and months ago or why they started this at the same time we started the new truck process. Plus we work in the mornings when the store is open, I would love to work when the store is empty.

We are down to a team of 2, with help at times. It's been a struggle to keep up because we are on days. We were told this week that Softlines is doing their own PC now. Great. Except we trained 3 people (2 new hires) for maybe 30 minutes each and then they get pulled away to do truck, push, guest first, etc... Our workload is caught up and softlines is now over 3 days behind. It's making me anxious because I hate that and want to fix it. I don't know why we weren't allowed to train them longer and months ago or why they started this at the same time we started the new truck process. Plus we work in the mornings when the store is open, I would love to work when the store is empty.
I think price change would be good, if it weren't for the guests. I bet you get badgered all day about "can you Mark this down more?" Or "this is clearance I found it on this shelf". Ugh.

cashier definitely, I would hate to fake a positive attitude and stand there for such a long time. That being said, anything else fully on the sales floor.... too many guests, hard pass.

I like Price Change out of all the work centers that I do. We are a team of 4 and you are basically left alone to do the task list. Thankfully we will not lose our pricing team or POG team. We are a very very busy store. On Black Friday we are usually up in the top 5 of the company. We are also still an overnight store.
Are you part of the modernization store? I’m a AAA+ store and plano went away and so did price change. So it really doesn’t matter how busy the store is . This is a group change and if you are part of it , those team will go away for you too. Every department are in charge of their own price change and planners .

Back in the day at one store it was Fitting Rooms. I was never officially trained to work it. But always thrown back there once a week.
Another store Softlines for one day. Just thrown back there. Given Mens Shoes Intimates. What the hell do I know about reshopping Intimates. On top of that, I was supposed to give breaks for Food Ave, Guest Services, and get carts.
Yet at another store, opening carts....Can Recycler duties

Starbucks or Flow.
I feel like I would fuck up everyones drink and flow mostly because my store has some rude flow people and I would hate to work with then.

FA rocks. SB, not so much.

What's with these new members with a letter for an avatar???

Guest service/cashiering

AP (I’m allergic to getting stabbed/shot)

Softlines

Electronics (Black Friday)

I forgot to add carts to my list, but only during the hottest parts of the year. 110F and 80% humidity, yeah miss me with that shit. I love CA shifts during winter though, as a matter of fact I'm gonna ask them to start calling me in for CA once the avg daily temp dips into the 50s

Hot/heat is just a state of mind. Think cool thoughts and carry a sweat towel.

Guest Services. I have no patience for the entitled and a reservoir of phrases from my Grandmother. “Swizzle dick”. Used during the incident when she was locked out of her house, climbed in thru the bathroom window , got stuck and was being extricated from that window by an exasperated policeman. Can’t make this shit up.

Must be a granny thing since mine also used to lock herself out & got in thru the bathroom window.
I remember using the restroom & asking her why there was a little chair near the window.
She told me how often it happened so she put the chair there as a landing pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back