Archived What's your most feared position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest service. I have zero cares about customer gripes and were I forced into it, I'd probably get fired for snarking at someone.

Frozen. Needed gloves or my Reynaud’s would act up and or freak people out.
I can't work in the freezers or coolers for the same reason. I had my hands tested and got a medical restriction so now they can't make me help with FDC, thank god. It hurts my hands too much. Gloves do not help.

^ Yeah after a point they don’t. Cold weather is a bit problematic since I’m outdoors a lot. But could be worse.

Cashier or Softlines. I can't fold my own clothes to save my life. It also doesnt help that I have the fashion sense of a monkey high on LSD. I spent some time as a cashier before spot. It's not an experience I wish to repeat.

With that said, I've always wanted to do receiving. In my nearly 12 years with spot my store has had the same receiver and she's not going anywhere soon.

In my nearly 12 years with spot my store has had the same receiver and she's not going anywhere soon.
Receiver must be a good position. We had the same one for like 9 years, then the TM on track to be a backroom TL took it over for the last couple years now.

I have had at least of a little bit of everything, except for a couple of duties, one of them being guest service, which is one that I fear of doing.

I am not good with math either, but I have no problems with cashering, unless the guest decides to get change after I open up the cash drawer (but I usually wait a bit to see if the guest will do that). Standing is an issue for me, however, since I have a bad back.

Can't touch this
Here for the dayside crew thinking about a career change
If you still want to be screamed at but instead of a guest its a flow TL and flow captain's. If you want to run around trying pull of impossible speed goals and are the type of person that is okay doing incredibly unsafe things in the name of speed. Then flow team is the job for you !!!

Cashier or Softlines. I can't fold my own clothes to save my life. It also doesnt help that I have the fashion sense of a monkey high on LSD. I spent some time as a cashier before spot. It's not an experience I wish to repeat.

With that said, I've always wanted to do receiving. In my nearly 12 years with spot my store has had the same receiver and she's not going anywhere soon.
Wow! My store has had two receivers quit this year. I think it depends on the leadership how good (or bad) this position is.

Can't touch this
Here for the dayside crew thinking about a career change
If you still want to be screamed at but instead of a guest its a flow TL and flow captain's. If you want to run around trying pull of impossible speed goals and are the type of person that is okay doing incredibly unsafe things in the name of speed. Then flow team is the job for you !!!

Ew. Glad my store isn't like this at all

Closely followed by Cart Attendant. I live in the south. It's 96° today and only 55% humidity but I would have to quit before that was my only option.

I honestly never found Cart Attending horrible for the weather, I liked it.

The only parts I ever complained about was when I was the only cart attendant, GSTL was refusing to support me on a busy ass Sunday afternoon, and it's a super target with two entrances in desperate need of carts but I couldn't keep up with Sunday shoppers, and getting told to do this and that .... that just got frustrating.

Every weekend was hell because I was only one of three cart attendants. Don't even get me started on Quarter 4 of 2016, our 2nd entrance was missing carts because flow/backroom stole literally a very big majority of the carts and that side was almost always near empty and I had GSTLs and even the then Softlines TL on my fucking ass about it being empty. I swore up and down carts were missing and that the parking lot was completely empty on that side, void of carts. Finally, they decided to check themselves, maybe they were just sick of me not bringing carts in, but found out there truly was no carts to bring in lol.

My phobia at Target is probably getting sentenced to work the front end when hours get low after every season. I spent January/March doing 40 hour cashier weeks when I was a grocery worker and keyed in as one lol. I don't mind working Cashier/SCO... but just standing still all day literally pains me.

Cashier, guest service, electronics, FA/Sbux. And AP.

Just standing in one place and not working out my muscles. Nope. And listening to people's complaints like I'm the complaints department, no way! And AP looking important but powerless not at all.

Softlines and cosmetics would be a borderline. Both are too boring imo and cosmetics trying to sell shit. Fuck that.

Last edited:
Price change , way to boring for me. Backroom is my favorite anything with speed I welcome

I like Price Change out of all the work centers that I do. We are a team of 4 and you are basically left alone to do the task list. Thankfully we will not lose our pricing team or POG team. We are a very very busy store. On Black Friday we are usually up in the top 5 of the company. We are also still an overnight store.

Thankfully nope. Sometimes there's a time crunch but it's more annoying than unsafe.
I have a question when you guys are trying to take out pallets out of the truck during unload and the pallet is stacked 2 high
How do you guys get it out if the truck because my team we stand on the line and chuck the top layer off the pallet untill it will fit through the dock doors or if its a paper pallet we ram it at the door untill the pallet the top pallet is slightly off then we kinda pull the top pallet off and unto the ground and come back for it after the bottom pallet is out of the truck.

cashier and softlines. never done softlines and imma keep it that way...

I have a question when you guys are trying to take out pallets out of the truck during unload and the pallet is stacked 2 high
How do you guys get it out if the truck because my team we stand on the line and chuck the top layer off the pallet untill it will fit through the dock doors or if its a paper pallet we ram it at the door untill the pallet the top pallet is slightly off then we kinda pull the top pallet off and unto the ground and come back for it after the bottom pallet is out of the truck.
for us, we use the "crown" (not the powered pallet jack crown but the other one) to take the top pallet down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back