Archived What's your most feared position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
What position in the store would you least like to work in?

For me it would have to be Guest Service. I feel so bad for people who just can't be helped and are disappointed and upset.
Closely followed by Cart Attendant. I live in the south. It's 96° today and only 55% humidity but I would have to quit before that was my only option.

So what are yours?

Frozen. Needed gloves or my Reynaud’s would act up and or freak people out.
Mine acts up most often on really hot days. When I go from 90+ degrees into air conditioning, my fingers turn blue and it always freaks people out.

I hate working salesfloor. I'm used to always having something to do and being in a rush in SFS and Plano, so pulling items forward all day is boring for me, and I hate responding to call buttons and guests thinking I'm the vacuum cleaner expert just because I walked by that area.

Probably softlines. My store always has like 8 stray carts of shit. They are usually first called for backup. Nothing ever looks good as guests go and destroy what little zone there is. Fitting rooms always has mountains of clothes. Nope.

AP. I don’t think I can ever “apprehend” anyone and I’m not good with confrontation.

feared? - none

disliked?
electronics.
backroom - on a regular basis, stuff is too heavy.
Softlines - zone all day, every day.. on top of all the other shit they have to do.

Guest service/cashiering

AP (I’m allergic to getting stabbed/shot)

Softlines

Electronics (Black Friday)
You can only be allergic if you've tried it. ;)
Guest services.
I've had items hurled across the counter, my phone ripped from the wires, glass/ceramic items smashed down on the counter hard enough to shatter.....and those were the GOOD days.

I've worked at an airport & a hotel. Thats nothing. You throw something, or damage something, you dont make it out the door alone. HPD will be walking you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back