What's your stores Plano set on time percentage (year to date)?

Curious what's everyone plano set on time percentage (year to date). If your in the 90%+ range what's your secret or tips. For those in 70% range or lower, what's causing it to be that low?

We don't fake tie anything. I'm sure our set on time score is atrocious. But eventually we get everything set (except temporary and permanent sidecaps), might be a month late sometimes, be we get there.

Stuff set by the Presentation team is at 90-95% set on time. Stuff set by other areas is at 50-60% set on time. Guess which team gets yelled at if something is late? :rolleyes:

For the record, I am not endorsing the idea of Fake Tying.

I do it on the very rare and justified occasion (like not enough product to support two locations.) So I tie both SPs/Pogs/sidecaps to the same aisle or the home location aisle. Something like canned vegetables - usually has a home location, an endcap, and maybe a location in cartwell. I might condense as it sells, and flex out similar product that is in my backroom (canned soup or chicken broth.)

I keep up by setting new items ASAP. Many times I set as soon as the labels can be printed or the label strips show up (like for a REV) and as soon as the product is in the building. aka sidecap shipper goes up within a day or two of receiving it.

A few times I have been lucky and the product flows from the truck to the new SP/REV/sidecap, etc. No backstocking the new freight only to pull it a couple of days later.

I pull clearance from the home location ASAP (so long as the home isn't empty.) That makes it easier to do REV.

Last edited:
Stuff set by the Presentation team is at 90-95% set on time. Stuff set by other areas is at 50-60% set on time. Guess which team gets yelled at if something is late? :rolleyes:

Preach! Entire depts have late revisions and are two cycles behind on endcaps, but God forbid I don't set the home flat on time despite there being a massive amount of clearance (or worse d-code) with nowhere to put it. I get told to stop using clearance as an excuse for not setting. It was pretty close to a come-to-jesus moment dealing with Halloween PLU this year, but all those sidecap/endcap shippers in the back? Nah, we don't care about those.

Preach! Entire depts have late revisions and are two cycles behind on endcaps, but God forbid I don't set the home flat on time despite there being a massive amount of clearance (or worse d-code) with nowhere to put it. I get told to stop using clearance as an excuse for not setting. It was pretty close to a come-to-jesus moment dealing with Halloween PLU this year, but all those sidecap/endcap shippers in the back? Nah, we don't care about those.
I think it's hilarious when revisions get missed and the old ties drop, and then I get to snitch that SFS can't find anything in their department because the revisions were missed. We had most of domestics come untied after their entire revision set was missed this fall. We also have areas that have 2-3 of the same endcap because they fake tie so many of them and forget where they put the old version when they get around to setting the new one... god forbid they use their adjacency. You know the sidecap in Toys that has Uno on it? I recently found that set in 4 different places in Toys.

In my area, the revisions and end caps and side caps have been set on time (within the week specified, right?) probably 95%. Don't know about other areas of the store, although I've been pulled in to help with a few other end caps.
This is one of the things I like about the DBO model. I could make appropriate adjustments as I went along, not just blindly accepting what the label or POG picture indicates. (That's not a slam against our old POG team; they did a great job, just didn't always know the product that well.) And I merchandise clearance in a way that makes more sense, at least to me. I've noticed it sells down faster when it's not all a chaotic jumble and like products are grouped together.

I think it's hilarious when revisions get missed and the old ties drop, and then I get to snitch that SFS can't find anything in their department because the revisions were missed. We had most of domestics come untied after their entire revision set was missed this fall. We also have areas that have 2-3 of the same endcap because they fake tie so many of them and forget where they put the old version when they get around to setting the new one... god forbid they use their adjacency. You know the sidecap in Toys that has Uno on it? I recently found that set in 4 different places in Toys.

Yeah I found an Uno shipper backstocked this week. Taking valuable space up on an entire shelf when we are hurting for room!

Probably 98+.

I’m in market and my only fake ties are vendor stuff. I don’t let the vendors have all their space because the adult bev vendors will order shit I don’t need.

We just get our shit handled, really. I expect the team to do pulls and push truck 100%. They get maybe five hours each a week of flex time for projects. I set the sales plans and minor revisions myself to make sure they happen. I tie the reties 2 weeks out and pretie the rest. I set it the day the product shows up if I can.

Setting ends really helps on how much pulls you have. The less you have in the back room, the smaller your pulls are and the more time you have for other stuff.

Probably 98+.

I’m in market and my only fake ties are vendor stuff. I don’t let the vendors have all their space because the adult bev vendors will order shit I don’t need.

We just get our shit handled, really. I expect the team to do pulls and push truck 100%. They get maybe five hours each a week of flex time for projects. I set the sales plans and minor revisions myself to make sure they happen. I tie the reties 2 weeks out and pretie the rest. I set it the day the product shows up if I can.

Setting ends really helps on how much pulls you have. The less you have in the back room, the smaller your pulls are and the more time you have for other stuff.

You have 98+ year to date for the whole store? I find that hard to believe.. Unless you mean just in market

Back