Archived When do they have to change your jobcode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
This week and on the week of the new schedule, I am getting the majority of my shifts (60% this week, 75% new schedule's week) as GSA - GSTL, but I am keyed as a cashier and do not have supervisor numbers. We have a poor staffing situation with front-end leadership at the moment and I am curious, how many more weeks does this have to continue before HR is required to change my jobcode to GSA - GSTL and start paying me as such? Can I start requesting backpay for these two weeks?

I am generally considered a competent leader and am looking to promote to GSA, as many of you are already aware, and if there's any way to fast-track my way to the position I am all ears.

i would say once you start getting more than 1/2 your hours as gsa consistantly then get it changed. you should speak to hr. because gsa is a higher paygrade so you should be getting the higher payrate.

They are not required. They should, as it will make the LOD/TLs job easier. If not, they'll be required to come up and do overrides for you.

Sadly my store prefers to hold off promotion as long as possible. We were grooming someone else to be GSA and had her on the schedule as such 4 weeks in a row without being keyed in. STL decrees he must interview candidate for the position first.

I already spoke to my ETL-HR who basically said there was little chance of promotion right now due to a coaching I received on Xmas Eve. So if this BS of scheduling me under a different paygrade continues I will ask to be keyed in or to stop receiving the shifts because that is just unfair.

Last edited:
In order to give you supervisor numbers, you have to be keyed in the computer by HR as a GSA/GSTL which requires a "promotion" and pay increase. And I doubt they'll do that if all the positions are full, especially with more cuts coming with AE15

In order to give you supervisor numbers, you have to be keyed in the computer by HR as a GSA/GSTL which requires a "promotion" and pay increase. And I doubt they'll do that if all the positions are full, especially with more cuts coming with AE15

I know we're under headcount. We've only had 1 GSA since I started ~7 months ago but we're an A volume, and our 1 GSA always gets at-or-near fulltime hours no matter the time of year. STL has said the position is available. It's just a matter of actually doing some hiring.

Sadly my store prefers to hold off promotion as long as possible. We were grooming someone else to be GSA and had her on the schedule as such 4 weeks in a row without being keyed in. STL decrees he must interview candidate for the position first.

I already spoke to my ETL-HR who basically said there was little chance of promotion right now due to a coaching I received on Xmas Eve. So if this BS of scheduling me under a different paygrade continues I will ask to be keyed in or to stop receiving the shifts because that is just unfair.

That can be an issue, if that is her primary work center she can push for the increase in pay. We had someone who was sales floor they constantly had as backroom which was a pay increase he complained and got a fat check for all those hours as backroom.

if it does not stop, then you need to request your back pay for those weeks that you worked as a gsa. that usually stops them in their tracks.

if it does not stop, then you need to request your back pay for those weeks that you worked as a gsa. that usually stops them in their tracks.

I want to know how it's fair to expect someone to do a job that is supposed to pay more, even if it's only 50c/hour. Regardless of how measly, that's still money I'm not getting.

20 out of the 27 hours I'm scheduled for 1/11-1/17 is as GSA, yet I will be paid as a cashier.

Eh. "Fair" is an interesting word. Life's not fair. Scheduling people as higher paygrades might seem unfair, is against company policy, but because it's still higher than minimum wage it's perfectly legal so it's probably something they let them get away with more than they would if there was a law about it (ie. meal compliance is taken far more seriously).

is against company policy

So can the hotline be called about this?

I was informed by ETL-GE that there are many more GSA shifts coming to me, but no interview or promotion forseeable.

JeycXUu.png

At some point I will just start using the excuse that I'm uncomfortable closing with someone else's numbers. Which is not entirely false.

Last edited:
No. I would not call the hotline. the more hours at service desk gives you more experience on how handling guests & speed. Be patient, spot could be watching you & see how you handle closing those areas. Plus, having at least 28 hours during is good thing during the slow season.

No. I would not call the hotline. the more hours at service desk gives you more experience on how handling guests & speed. Be patient, spot could be watching you & see how you handle closing those areas. Plus, having at least 28 hours during is good thing during the slow season.

Huh? Your response makes it seem as if you think his complaint is that service desk shift. It isn't. His complaint is he is a GSTM and is getting scheduled as a GSA w/o a jobcode change.

Huh? Your response makes it seem as if you think his complaint is that service desk shift. It isn't. His complaint is he is a GSTM and is getting scheduled as a GSA w/o a jobcode change.
True. But, we don't know if other gsa's are closing with on those nights. My suggestion is, to keep copies of those schedules to make certain they get the back pay under the proper job code, if he gets the job.

I'm sure they're not. His store only has 1 GSTL, and 1 GSA. They're using him to pick up the slack. With just two official GSA/TL I''m sure they can't be doing double coverage.

The problem is, if you call the hotline, they'll know it was you, and their solution will be to never give you another GSA shift and find every reason in the book to never give you the promotion. You're totally in the right, but you don't have much recourse.

My question is, whose numbers are you using when you GSA?

The problem is, if you call the hotline, they'll know it was you, and their solution will be to never give you another GSA shift and find every reason in the book to never give you the promotion. You're totally in the right, but you don't have much recourse.

The LOD's, usually under their speed IDs. When ETL-AP is closing LOD, she has to close every lane with me and take an hour's time away from her own closing duties, because she doesn't (understandably) feel comfortable letting me close with her speed ID.

I can certainly try the "I'm not comfortable closing lanes or performing overrides under someone else's #s" excuse, but I doubt they care very much.

4/5 shifts on the new schedule as GSA. That makes a third week of majority GSA shifts with no raise or sup #s. Excellent.

Untitled-u2W52a3T.1420790948.png

Last edited:

The LOD's, usually under their speed IDs. When ETL-AP is closing LOD, she has to close every lane with me and take an hour's time away from her own closing duties, because she doesn't (understandably) feel comfortable letting me close with her speed ID.

I can certainly try the "I'm not comfortable closing lanes or performing overrides under someone else's #s" excuse, but I doubt they care very much.
I would stop using lod speed id to closing the lanes, to give them a big hint & it's against policy.

I would stop using lod speed id to closing the lanes, to give them a big hint & it's against policy.

Well the store supports it. Who am I going to complain to? The integrity hotline?

If the LOD says it's okay to use their speed ID, I don't have much choice. I can bring up how I feel with STL again and see if he'll key me in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back