Archived When do we get reviews?

• Thread starter JimmyTarget
  • Start date
  • Replies 157
  • Views 17K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are rigged! They are rigged so only the dependable, hard working people get the highest raises. Go figure!

If your store is golden and hitting all the metrics this is probably true.
Otherwise, the numbers will be adjusted to match levels that are acceptable to stores performance.
There will only be a certain number of O's allowed in your store, if any at all.

So no matter how hard you work, how good a job you do, due to conditions you have no control over you will not get a good raise.
There are things that they can find, like not giving enough recognition, to ding you for.
Remember ASANTS.

Not to mention that as a TL or above you will never see an O unless your store has at least a 75 AE score and you get all 15 discretionary points. The best any TL can hope for at my store is an EX. Barely.

TMs usually have a much better chance than anyone else of getting an O or even an EX. Ideally, they are the ones who bust their ass to get their workload done and go out of the way to help out in other workcenters, but of course ASANTS. Sometimes you have poor leadership who chooses to reward the suck-ups over those more deserving.

And just a quick PSA: You need to get in some facetime with management if you want to succeed or move up at most places. I respect not wanting to be a brown noser, but bear in mind that having good rapport with your bosses is not brown nosing. It's honorable to let your work speak for itself, but every now and then you need to call yourself out to your bosses for the things you do that contribute to the success of the company. If your only goal at work is to fly under the radar (whether you work or not), don't be surprised when you get less of a review score than you think you deserve.

I was informed that we only have the limited amount of "outstandings" and I was basically informed today that I need to respond for back-up more because that was the biggest contributor to not getting the "outstanding"

LOL.

I was informed that we only have the limited amount of "outstandings" and I was basically informed today that I need to respond for back-up more because that was the biggest contributor to not getting the "outstanding"

LOL.
So you'll start responding for backup, and they will ding out down to an E or EX for not getting your work done. See how that works?

Bravo commie! Speaking the truth. Preach it. But seriously, dem reviews are rigged. Don't matter if you're a great ant worker and have super duper attendance and a can do attitude. If your store can only give a certain amount of good scores, there will be good workers that get screwed. I get screwed because my team lead thinks I do nothing. Not my fault that I show up right when everyone in the backroom leaves. I've never once heard "thanks for staying an hour past schedule to finish the price change" from the backroom team lead. Sometimes I even mention something like "yeah I'm sorry I wasn't able to get that much back stock, I was pulling price change for 2 hours". Not even a " thanks" or "I appreciate that" and that is why I hate Target.

Know why those TMs are favorites? Because they are EX and O types. They have no attendance issues, know their jobs and work hard while they're at work.

This is bullshit...

Through and through...
Having had no attendance issues... knowing my job... "better than my ETLs" I quote... from my STL... and being "one of the hardest workers in the store" I quote from every TL I have had ever...

I know this is bullshit....

My review? an E

My opportunity? "Communication"... LOL

I could even tell they knew it was bullshit as I got a 35 cent raise.

This is bullshit...

Through and through...
Having had no attendance issues... knowing my job... "better than my ETLs" I quote... from my STL... and being "one of the hardest workers in the store" I quote from every TL I have had ever...

I know this is bullshit....

My review? an E

My opportunity? "Communication"... LOL

I could even tell they knew it was bullshit as I got a 35 cent raise.

Wait you got 35 cents? Thats a pretty good raise at Target.

My opportunity last year was attendance. Yeah sorry I called out for a few days when I had kidney stones. Guess I am also sorrywhen it was icy and unsafe to drive.

You know what I am really sorry about? That fact that when asked I would come in to make up time that I lost to snow. I am also sorry silly me thought that being flexible with my hours when asked would make up for it. Silly me.

I hated reviews last year. I had been there for about nine months at the time, and the guy that signed off on my review had only been my TL for less than two weeks at the time and have me an IE, hardly enough time to give a proper review of someone's performance, especially considering he was only there every other day. The ETL who had just left the month before thought I was better than that, I know it, he actually tried to get me to transfer to another store with him. Shoulda done it. Maybe I would have gotten more than a shitty 1.1% raise.

Ugh, and I just remembered that this lazy asshole who got everyone to do his work for him by constantly asking "favors" got a 5% raise. That SOB quit not long after by calling out for a day, not showing up for a week, then calling again to say he quits. What a waste.

So you'll start responding for backup, and they will ding out down to an E or EX for not getting your work done. See how that works?

Oh, no, I know. I'll respond for back-up when GSTLs and GSAs start properly enforcing breaks for cashiers so they all don't go on break at once.

Attendence was the reason they used to give many people in my store, including me, lower reviews. Problem is I was never late, never called out, stayed late and came in if they needed me. Yet attendence was my only opportunity. TL told me it was a joke for them to use that as a reason for dropping my score from the EX he gave me to the score they decided to give and I deserved much better.

Attendence was the reason they used to give many people in my store, including me, lower reviews. Problem is I was never late, never called out, stayed late and came in if they needed me. Yet attendence was my only opportunity. TL told me it was a joke for them to use that as a reason for dropping my score from the EX he gave me to the score they decided to give and I deserved much better.
I would have asked for documentation just to see then sweat.

I would have asked for documentation just to see then sweat.
A team member at my store had attendance as a opportunity too. Like POGgiy never late, never called out, stayed late and came in when needed. When he asked for proof of attendance the ETL clamied he wasn't clocking in and out at the exact scheduled times. For example he would be scheduled 12-5. He got a lower score for clocking in at 11:59 and clocking out at 458.

Oh, no, I know. I'll respond for back-up when GSTLs and GSAs start properly enforcing breaks for cashiers so they all don't go on break at once.
This one GSA at my store writes the worst break schedules. An hour of no breaks then suddenly 7 cashiers go on break within the first 15 minutes of the next hour. Her schedules always get HEAVILY edited by whoever has to close. The one thing I've noticed so far is that open express lanes + sticking to a sane break schedule = minimal backups. Unfortunately sometimes breaks get overlooked because of a problem guest, ton of work to do, etc. So then a bunch of people go on break at the same time. I wish we just gave the cashiers their break times on a sheet of paper and let them go when it is time, would take away a lot of the workload/problems once everyone gets used to it.

Wait you got 35 cents? Thats a pretty good raise at Target.

My opportunity last year was attendance. Yeah sorry I called out for a few days when I had kidney stones. Guess I am also sorrywhen it was icy and unsafe to drive.

You know what I am really sorry about? That fact that when asked I would come in to make up time that I lost to snow. I am also sorry silly me thought that being flexible with my hours when asked would make up for it. Silly me.

I know it was a good raise which is why ratings are BS...

I think they knew I would accept the rating I got as I know the good work I do here and everyone (in their own way) lets me know it.. however only so many ratings can be given, I felt like I was just given a letter, and the raise I got had nothing to do with that letter, thus it was all bullshit.

Asking for proof wouldn't have changed anything.
It wouldn't have changed the rating, but it lets them know you are onto their bs. I don't play the game well enough to let something like that slide...making then come up with bs proof or admitting they had none would be amusing.

I have gotten outstanding. Don't hate me.
I asked them if I was so perfect that I didn't have anywhere to improve myself? The only answer I got was - oh, as she looked at the paper.
I've gotten outstanding for the past 6 years. My coworkers always gripe and say "No one gets outstanding!?" Yeah, I just don't talk about it.

No one in my store cares about the "raises" anymore. People who've been working there for ages are like "the raise doesn't matter. Hours do."

I just wish they could be more honest on the actual review. You can't spend a year praising me and telling me I'm doing wonderfully, then tell me I'm too detail oriented or whatever.

It's so easy to call them on their BS because they'll nail you for something and the first time you'll hear about it is in your review. Your immediate response should be "if that is so important why didn't you tell me as soon as it happened so I can fix it?" Then sit back and watch the song and dance you get as an answer.

P
It's so easy to call them on their BS because they'll nail you for something and the first time you'll hear about it is in your review. Your immediate response should be "if that is so important why didn't you tell me as soon as it happened so I can fix it?" Then sit back and watch the song and dance you get as an answer.
part of your review is to ask for daily advice on how to improve

Ask for daily advice? How do you ask for advice when you don't see your TL every day you work?

The reviews are rigged. And the words that come out of your ETL or TL during your review are more scripted than a wrestling match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back