Archived When does an in-stocks scan count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently took over the Instocks/Backroom TL position but research wasn't a training strength. ETL-SF is asking me why our total number of research scans are low for certain departments and for the store. First, let me describe the way our RSCH process works as we are a test store.

- I am a ULV $18mil/year non-Pfresh and non revised P93.
- There is no In-stocks team. We have 10 TMs come in at 5am to RSCH until 5:50. They close batches and ACK the truck and begin the FLOW process by 6a. We have a schedule that we try our best to stick to so that every area of the store is RSCH'd each week.
- Our test program does not allow anyone in the store to shoot anything under "OUTS".
- We only do the RIGS with the "!" next to it for no more than 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One TM does this entire task. No other in-stocks task are touched.
- While researching, if we hit an out or crit low with BR LOC, we toggle to item search to see how many are in the BR and then toggle to EXF to enter that amount (alway s capacity or less). This keeps our RSCH reports green as we aren't stressed to pull the RSHC batches within one hour after shooting. also eliminates Outs w/ BR LOCs dings on our reports.
- If prompted with a drastic count, we always select "NO" so that counts are not changed but the item does hit the drastic count report for verification with the ETL-AP once a week.
- we scan a lot of outs that we know are already "0" OH in the system to bump up our RSCH ratio and green bar our reports.

I know I scanned at least 600 locations on the SF last week. Not nearly that many are represented on the report. So the question is, when does a scan count? Obviously when we enter a number to adjust an OH count, it goes towards our DTK scores (my performance, whatever it's called this year). When else?

A second question - My ETL-AP said that anything that hits the drastic count report will eventually 0 out the count for that item with in a week or two. I understand that I am not changing the counts when I answer "NO" to the question "Do you want to zero out the count on this item as it will be a drastic count?" But if I hit "NO", will it still automatically adjust the OHs for the item on the drastic counts report even if I hit "NO"?

BP explains that I should be working the report everyday by using Stand Alone Research to adjust the drastic counts once investigated but Stand Alone RSCH is the only thing we use to conduct all of our research.

Any ideas?

I recently took over the Instocks/Backroom TL position but research wasn't a training strength. ETL-SF is asking me why our total number of research scans are low for certain departments and for the store. First, let me describe the way our RSCH process works as we are a test store.

- I am a ULV $18mil/year non-Pfresh and non revised P93.
- There is no In-stocks team. We have 10 TMs come in at 5am to RSCH until 5:50. They close batches and ACK the truck and begin the FLOW process by 6a. We have a schedule that we try our best to stick to so that every area of the store is RSCH'd each week.
- Our test program does not allow anyone in the store to shoot anything under "OUTS".
- We only do the RIGS with the "!" next to it for no more than 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One TM does this entire task. No other in-stocks task are touched.
- While researching, if we hit an out or crit low with BR LOC, we toggle to item search to see how many are in the BR and then toggle to EXF to enter that amount (alway s capacity or less). This keeps our RSCH reports green as we aren't stressed to pull the RSHC batches within one hour after shooting. also eliminates Outs w/ BR LOCs dings on our reports.
- If prompted with a drastic count, we always select "NO" so that counts are not changed but the item does hit the drastic count report for verification with the ETL-AP once a week.
- we scan a lot of outs that we know are already "0" OH in the system to bump up our RSCH ratio and green bar our reports.

I know I scanned at least 600 locations on the SF last week. Not nearly that many are represented on the report. So the question is, when does a scan count? Obviously when we enter a number to adjust an OH count, it goes towards our DTK scores (my performance, whatever it's called this year). When else?

A second question - My ETL-AP said that anything that hits the drastic count report will eventually 0 out the count for that item with in a week or two. I understand that I am not changing the counts when I answer "NO" to the question "Do you want to zero out the count on this item as it will be a drastic count?" But if I hit "NO", will it still automatically adjust the OHs for the item on the drastic counts report even if I hit "NO"?

BP explains that I should be working the report everyday by using Stand Alone Research to adjust the drastic counts once investigated but Stand Alone RSCH is the only thing we use to conduct all of our research.

Any ideas?

Well you don't have a drastic count report from the sounds of it since you are testing only using stand alone research... and that is not true what your ETL said about it! It will fall off the drastic count report but the OH issue that got it there would have never been resolved... Since you are not using the Task List you will have to go back to old school tactics of drastic counts... which is hitting no and writing the item down and keeping a list by hand!

Secondly, part of the issue is you are voiding a scan everytime it has a backroom location and using EXF to pad your numbers! If I could I would slap the PDA out of your hands the second I saw you do that! I don't have a ton of time to go into detail why its bad (I'm sure someone who has read my previous posts about it will talk about it for me), but that is going to be causing more issues than you are fixing!

Well you don't have a drastic count report from the sounds of it since you are testing only using stand alone research... and that is not true what your ETL said about it! It will fall off the drastic count report but the OH issue that got it there would have never been resolved... Since you are not using the Task List you will have to go back to old school tactics of drastic counts... which is hitting no and writing the item down and keeping a list by hand!

Secondly, part of the issue is you are voiding a scan everytime it has a backroom location and using EXF to pad your numbers! If I could I would slap the PDA out of your hands the second I saw you do that! I don't have a ton of time to go into detail why its bad (I'm sure someone who has read my previous posts about it will talk about it for me), but that is going to be causing more issues than you are fixing!

I do have a drastic count report that populates everyday. I don't have to work it daily per my ETL. So even when I hit "No", that scanned item goes to the report. I double and triple challenged the ETL-AP as I think he is confused about the type of research we do. If we "YES" to the drastic count question on the PDA, then it would go tot the report and ALSO change the count, right?

If these items are simply falling off the drastic count report, then the report is no good to me except to keep a record of items I have drastically counted down, right? I would basically be taking a report generated from Stand Alone RSCH to go back after some quick investigating and rescan the same item the next day under Stand Alone RSCH to hit " YES" because that is the only way to change the counts on the drastic item, right?

And I would love a link or a PM on why the EXF option is worse than shooting straight RSCH. I understand you don't want to re-hash an old argument on this thread but I don't see the downside. If I had more than 45min a day, I don't know how we could get the entire store researched every week. I am the only one until 6:30a so after the RSCH batches are closed and the truck is ACK'd, I change the time on the AUTOFILL drop so I can start pulling the Autos. If I don't we won't have them out in time for the FLOW team to push.

If there is a faster or better way other than the EXF option, I am very open to it. I am simply following the routines of my predecessor and the ETL/STL.

We have been using stand alone outs instead of RSCH for pullin from the BR. I don't think that dings the Scans with loc. and exf screws with the accumulator last I knew. It's a big no no except for the front lanes. why don't you use the task list??

I do have a drastic count report that populates everyday. I don't have to work it daily per my ETL. So even when I hit "No", that scanned item goes to the report. I double and triple challenged the ETL-AP as I think he is confused about the type of research we do. If we "YES" to the drastic count question on the PDA, then it would go tot the report and ALSO change the count, right?

If these items are simply falling off the drastic count report, then the report is no good to me except to keep a record of items I have drastically counted down, right? I would basically be taking a report generated from Stand Alone RSCH to go back after some quick investigating and rescan the same item the next day under Stand Alone RSCH to hit " YES" because that is the only way to change the counts on the drastic item, right?
And I would love a link or a PM on why the EXF option is worse than shooting straight RSCH. I understand you don't want to re-hash an old argument on this thread but I don't see the downside. If I had more than 45min a day, I don't know how we could get the entire store researched every week. I am the only one until 6:30a so after the RSCH batches are closed and the truck is ACK'd, I change the time on the AUTOFILL drop so I can start pulling the Autos. If I don't we won't have them out in time for the FLOW team to push.
If there is a faster or better way other than the EXF option, I am very open to it. I am simply following the routines of my predecessor and the ETL/STL.
Depending on what is was, Ap would have some say in not what to count in the drastic count. My etl ap would having a chat with your etl about it.

We have been using stand alone outs instead of RSCH for pullin from the BR. I don't think that dings the Scans with loc. and exf screws with the accumulator last I knew. It's a big no no except for the front lanes. why don't you use the task list??

We are a test store so OUTs aren't an option. EXFs are great if one understands how they effect the accumulator and batches. We can't use the task list because we are a test store who isn't allocated an In-stocks team. Or payroll for RSCH.

Thats why I am interested in Rock Lobster's take on EXFs in stead of dropping RSCH batches.

Depending on what is was, Ap would have some say in not what to count in the drastic count. My etl ap would having a chat with your etl about it.

I get with the ETL-AP once a week when I investigate the report. He does offer guidance on what is ok or not. I'm more concerned on this thread about what is the point of the report in my unique situation as a test store for RSCH.

This is the most inefficient process I have ever seen. Every item that you scan with BR locs, you toggle to item search and then to EXF? No wonder your # of scans is so low. The goal is 10% or less, you don't need to toggle back and forth. If you are getting more than that many hits, then you need to figure out why. Toggling to EXF to cheat the system is never going to fix things, and you are screwing up the accumulator in the process so it's going to keeping being an issue. Also, Rock Lobster is absolutely right. If you select no on the prompt for drastic counts then it will not make the change nor will the DPCI will not show up on the drastic count report. This is probably the source of many of your issues. Your team is wasting everyone's time like this.

Scans only count if you enter an on hand count for them. If you are backing out to EXF or choosing no for the drastic count prompt those scans are voided.

@Jack
The new metric is Scans with Loc which tallies both outs and research scans. So yes, it is counted.

P.S. If you have less than 600 scans with ~10 hours of scanning per truck day, someone isn't scanning. My store neglects to schedule enough TMs for instocks(never more than 2) and we still have at least double that weekly.

Let me clarify further:

1) I PERSONALLY scanned around 600 last week, not the entire team. I only do SA RSCH for about 30 minutes b/c I have to start pulling the RSCH batches created by the 7-10 TMs who only scan for about 45 min 3 times a week. I do electronics on a non-truck day to accommodate a SF partnership to improve AAR scores. My original question comes from not having that many represented on the report for me only. I know I did around 600 b/c I have the empty grey dot paper on top of my desk.

2) I think many TMs outside of ULV stores may not understand that the lowest volume stores have an increased problem with outs. This was recognized as problem in 2011 and is why some adjustments were made. We have those beige ULV cardboard boxes on almost every endcap because ULV stores cannot support an OTL or cap that keeps the home location and other multi locations full all the time. For example, If I have a specific shampoo item with a home shelf capacity of 10, and a SP that requires an additional 10 to keep it full and impactful, our small store will most likely only sell 3-5 before the Sale Planner dies and it goes to backstock. Now we are stuck with almost twice as much product as we need to support the home and it really eats up our tiny backroom. So Spot gives us beige boxes to blend in with the shelves to reduce the capacity needed to half or less in secondary locations.

In other words, our OTLs and triggers are as small as possible. Thus, we tend to have higher numbers of outs because we typically have to sell it all or rsch OH to 0 to get the DC to kick us more product.

3) If you have time to read my post from last year when I was the CTL at this store, you will understand that I agree with you on the benefits and moral/ethical philosophies of doing Best Practice. Unfortunately, I am outnumbered by the rest of the Leadership in my store. At 5am, we walk into 6-10 carts of reshop (which represents 5-7 hours of SF hours in our store), horrible zones, and unfinished POGs that never get fully set. Yes, we have a s***y leadership problem in our store, but when it is supported by the STL and ETLs, I don't feel bad about protecting my numbers as long as it is supported by my bosses and not against Co Policy.

4) Our GBP encourages the use of EXF only by TMs who demonstrate an solid understanding of how it's use impacts all the processes. The use of EXF does not "screw" up an accumulator anymore than the proper use of subt9999 or reseting the AUTOFILL time to adjust for business/scheduling needs. SUBT9999 will screw a lot of things up if used improperly so I only have 2 dedicated TMs who I trained that use it. Reset the AUTOs to drop before a truck is ACK'd and you will screw things up. EXFs are a tool like LOCU that still remain available because they still serve a useful function.

So if we are closing research batches and ACKing the truck before 6a, and my first BR TM doesn't come in until 7a, guess who starts pulling AUTO's? Me and my ETL if he is available. AUTOs must be worked to the SF by the Flow Team as they push the truck so we have to stay one step ahead of their wave. I don't have time to pull the rsch batches by myself AND the AUTOs. So reducing the number of rsch pulls by creating EXFs (that are pulled later in the morning) allows for a smother and more efficient process. It's not cheating when the next 4 bosses above me condone it while we are a test store.

5) I know what the root causes are. Zone, reship, lazy SF TLs who ghost tie between a quarter and a third of their Sales Planners each week and never untie them after they clear the week's report; I know what is negatively impacting my rsch but there isn't much I can do about it. I can protect my numbers which do represent an efficient and best possible rsch process.

6) I have a binder going back to the beginning of Q4 with a daily drastic count report. No one who does rsch EVER hits "Yes" to the drastic count question. So yes, hitting "no" will send that item to the report. Hence my initial question of what do you guys think of working the drastic count report once a week if we are only doing SA rsch anyways. It is pointless, right?

Maybe another example of when a scan may or may not count: If an item's OH is already 0 with "LRD: N/A" and it is scanned again with a count of 0, does that count as a scan? I believe it does even though there are no changes in counts.

7) I don't always toggle to item search first to see how many we have in the backroom. Many times, the OH with BR LOCs is far below the capacity so I don't mind creating a need in the accumulator with EXF as it will be satisfied the first time the product enters the store. It is only with larger quantities that I don't want to create a high need that I toggle to item search to get an exact number.

8) The point of this thread's questions where to ask for help b/c I can't find any BP that address my store's unique test situation. Although I am always open to feedback, please keep in mind that this isn't my first rodeo with Leadership or responsibility. I am simply seeking help from others who may be going through similar situations or can constructively communicate something I may be missing. I get enough of kingpin003 type personalities at work. I had hoped TheBreakRoom would provide what Spot can't.

1) I PERSONALLY scanned around 600 last week, not the entire team. I only do SA RSCH for about 30 minutes b/c I have to start pulling the RSCH batches created by the 7-10 TMs who only scan for about 45 min 3 times a week. I do electronics on a non-truck day to accommodate a SF partnership to improve AAR scores. My original question comes from not having that many represented on the report for me only. I know I did around 600 b/c I have the empty grey dot paper on top of my desk.
That's my fault. I assumed you were referring to the Scanning Report which shows all TMs scans total.

2) I think many TMs outside of ULV stores may not understand that the lowest volume stores have an increased problem with outs. This was recognized as problem in 2011 and is why some adjustments were made. We have those beige ULV cardboard boxes on almost every endcap because ULV stores cannot support an OTL or cap that keeps the home location and other multi locations full all the time. For example, If I have a specific shampoo item with a home shelf capacity of 10, and a SP that requires an additional 10 to keep it full and impactful, our small store will most likely only sell 3-5 before the Sale Planner dies and it goes to backstock. Now we are stuck with almost twice as much product as we need to support the home and it really eats up our tiny backroom. So Spot gives us beige boxes to blend in with the shelves to reduce the capacity needed to half or less in secondary locations.

In other words, our OTLs and triggers are as small as possible. Thus, we tend to have higher numbers of outs because we typically have to sell it all or rsch OH to 0 to get the DC to kick us more product.
Being in a ULV myself, I feel your pain in regards to the outs.

4) Our GBP encourages the use of EXF only by TMs who demonstrate an solid understanding of how it's use impacts all the processes. The use of EXF does not "screw" up an accumulator anymore than the proper use of subt9999 or reseting the AUTOFILL time to adjust for business/scheduling needs. SUBT9999 will screw a lot of things up if used improperly so I only have 2 dedicated TMs who I trained that use it. Reset the AUTOs to drop before a truck is ACK'd and you will screw things up. EXFs are a tool like LOCU that still remain available because they still serve a useful function.

So if we are closing research batches and ACKing the truck before 6a, and my first BR TM doesn't come in until 7a, guess who starts pulling AUTO's? Me and my ETL if he is available. AUTOs must be worked to the SF by the Flow Team as they push the truck so we have to stay one step ahead of their wave. I don't have time to pull the rsch batches by myself AND the AUTOs. So reducing the number of rsch pulls by creating EXFs (that are pulled later in the morning) allows for a smother and more efficient process. It's not cheating when the next 4 bosses above me condone it while we are a test store.
Not saying that EXFs are the worst thing ever and not to ever do them, but the original post made it sound as if all 10 TMs were toggling twice and shooting EXFs. I can understand now that you have given more details why it is happening, but just like you don't trust them to Subt99, trusting that many to enter the right amounts during EXF is a stretch. One "fat-finger" and now you are pushing(and challenging) the next 10+ you receive of that item that fits 1 in the home.

5) I know what the root causes are. Zone, reship, lazy SF TLs who ghost tie between a quarter and a third of their Sales Planners each week and never untie them after they clear the week's report; I know what is negatively impacting my rsch but there isn't much I can do about it. I can protect my numbers which do represent an efficient and best possible rsch process.
Honest answer from me. I would stop using EXF and start scanning in RSCH. The entire purpose of Instocks is to hold other processes accountable. Once you start getting 10+% scans with locations, that doesn't count against your scores. It will however end up being a red for your ETL who then gets to work on their partnership to fix other processes that are causing it. That's what spot pays them the big bucks for anyway.

6) I have a binder going back to the beginning of Q4 with a daily drastic count report. No one who does rsch EVER hits "Yes" to the drastic count question. So yes, hitting "no" will send that item to the report. Hence my initial question of what do you guys think of working the drastic count report once a week if we are only doing SA rsch anyways. It is pointless, right?
This still means that you are never fixing counts which could certainly contribute to not having product on the floor. Especially since you said the DC only sends it when zeroed. Also, the items on the drastic count only last 6 days before falling off, so any less than twice a week would mean you were potentially missing some. Keep in mind though, if you research it(working the DCR) within three days of the system thinking you received some it will not change and those would possibly fall off before you pulled drastic counts again.

Maybe another example of when a scan may or may not count: If an item's OH is already 0 with "LRD: N/A" and it is scanned again with a count of 0, does that count as a scan? I believe it does even though there are no changes in counts.
Yep. It sure does.

8) The point of this thread's questions where to ask for help b/c I can't find any BP that address my store's unique test situation. Although I am always open to feedback, please keep in mind that this isn't my first rodeo with Leadership or responsibility. I am simply seeking help from others who may be going through similar situations or can constructively communicate something I may be missing. I get enough of kingpin003 type personalities at work. I had hoped TheBreakRoom would provide what Spot can't.
Yours is the first I've seen of anyone on this pilot, so unless we have lurkers we may not have anyone who can address BP in this specific situation. Your process is so different from what stores typically do. We have 1-2 TMs scan from 8 or 9 until 11. And that time includes completing 100% of the Rigs daily so actual scan time is much less.

Let me clarify further:

3) If you have time to read my post from last year when I was the CTL at this store, you will understand that I agree with you on the benefits and moral/ethical philosophies of doing Best Practice. Unfortunately, I am outnumbered by the rest of the Leadership in my store. At 5am, we walk into 6-10 carts of reshop (which represents 5-7 hours of SF hours in our store), horrible zones, and unfinished POGs that never get fully set. Yes, we have a s***y leadership problem in our store, but when it is supported by the STL and ETLs, I don't feel bad about protecting my numbers as long as it is supported by my bosses and not against Co Policy.

7) I don't always toggle to item search first to see how many we have in the backroom. Many times, the OH with BR LOCs is far below the capacity so I don't mind creating a need in the accumulator with EXF as it will be satisfied the first time the product enters the store. It is only with larger quantities that I don't want to create a high need that I toggle to item search to get an exact number.

The drastic count report that you should be using to correct drastic changes only reflects counts changed in the task list. SAR doesn't send anything to the report, it just changes the on hand. If it doesn't change the on hand for some reason you have to request the change through mysupport. :facepalm:

If your Drastic Count Report is functioning like that, then I have no idea what the issue is... We are a high volume store who still uses the task list, your report is obviously functioning differently than the rest of the company if this is the case!

Now about the whole EXF thing... My point isn't that EXF is worse than shooting RSCH for the accumulator or from a productivity standpoint... My point (and this goes for every myperformance number) is that too many leaders in this company (this is more directed at your store than you specifically) treat myperformance like a report card! They are children who will cheat, do extra credit, whatever they can to get an A even if that means you didn't actually earn the grade or learn the material! Instead, we need to be using myperformance as a tool! It is our job to make those numbers as accurate as possible and accurately figure out what your store's or area's opps and strengths are and then work to fixing the issues! In my analogy, we should be looking at the report card and seeing that we have a D in History... therefore we need to spend more time studying in History because that D is showing where we are bad at... and next semester we can try and get an A! So when we talk about using EXF to pull from the backroom instead of just typing 0 under RSCH and using those batches, that is just helping your scans with locs % and making it look good on myperformance instead of revealing potential issues within your logistics process!

Now I don't envy your position at all now that you have explained your store more and it is a sucky position to be in! My challenge to you is to accurately execute the test as best as possible... Remember, you are a test store which means if it goes well at your store it will be rolled out to the rest! If you are falsely protecting your numbers Target will never know that your scans with locs is actual crap with this new process and roll it out anyway! Then we are all screwed doing more work because the test store didn't accurately portray their results from the test in the first place...

You have the worst in stocks process I have ever heard of. Your practices actually defeat all the reasons you do in stocks. Rock has a great thread on in stocks that is still applicable except you longer need to use outs scans. You have my empathy though, sounds like the only thing your ETL's are having you test is how to cheat my performance metrics.

But I am curious about what your testing? Is this for Corporate or is this one of those strange deals where people in your region or group have gone off the reservation? Scanning without your task list removes alot of filters built in to help your accuracy(like zeroing out a current truck or autofill) and is suicide unless you know what your doing. There is no penalty scoring wise that I know of for using the task list but not completing it daily. Your correct about using SAR and hitting no on the change count prompt, it will kick it to the drastic count report instead. And unless you hit a AP filter any change you make in SAR that you confirm yes to will take just like you do when you use it to process drastic count reports built from scanning in the task list. Curious what your AP response is with the shortage indicator. The metric is sales in a catagory vs count update dollars. Avoiding drastic count changes(which defeats the purpose of doing it) does not guarantee you will not score red since your a ULV store.

The drastic count report that you should be using to correct drastic changes only reflects counts changed in the task list. SAR doesn't send anything to the report, it just changes the on hand. If it doesn't change the on hand for some reason you have to request the change through mysupport. :facepalm:

Before you bring your face out of your palm, let me reiterate; We only do Stand Alone. We have a Drastic Count Report that is live and updates daily. If one is in stand alone, and is prompted by the Drastic filter, and hits "no" it will still go to the report. The only way to clear the report for my store is to wait a day after the initial RSCH, get approval on high dollar items from the ETL-AP, and then research again to zero out.

Before you bring your face out of your palm, let me reiterate; We only do Stand Alone. We have a Drastic Count Report that is live and updates daily. If one is in stand alone, and is prompted by the Drastic filter, and hits "no" it will still go to the report. The only way to clear the report for my store is to wait a day after the initial RSCH, get approval on high dollar items from the ETL-AP, and then research again to zero out.

You are not running an In Stocks proccess, you are chasing your tail. Follow BP. OUTS has not been used in a long time by any store to my knowledge. This may be a phase for ULV though. Your store doesn't need an In Stocks team, you need prayers.

BTW, sorry, but I had to bring my face out of my palm before I read your post.

But I am curious about what your testing? Is this for Corporate or is this one of those strange deals where people in your region or group have gone off the reservation? Scanning without your task list removes alot of filters built in to help your accuracy(like zeroing out a current truck or autofill) and is suicide unless you know what your doing. There is no penalty scoring wise that I know of for using the task list but not completing it daily. Your correct about using SAR and hitting no on the change count prompt, it will kick it to the drastic count report instead. And unless you hit a AP filter any change you make in SAR that you confirm yes to will take just like you do when you use it to process drastic count reports built from scanning in the task list. Curious what your AP response is with the shortage indicator. The metric is sales in a catagory vs count update dollars. Avoiding drastic count changes(which defeats the purpose of doing it) does not guarantee you will not score red since your a ULV store.

And if you keep changing counts without those filters, the freight will keep flying in and keeping you in a whirlwind of ****.

I appreciate that you can differentiate between being the middle man in a broken store and willfully manipulating numbers for personal gain. I posted a few times last year when I was a CTL in a worse situation which reflected how frustrated I was with bad leadership and the personal conflict it caused. I am prior service and I hate this environment but the other option is to be performanced out which is not an option until I find another job.

If I hit above 8%, I will be get a PDD. That's been verbally communicated to me. So I try to watch the numbers and hit as close as I can to 7% by the end of each week.

Thanks for the unique perspective and I completely agree about the test program results. This is the third year we have been doing this so I hope someone higher will see the inconsistencies and deep dive into our store before this goes to the next step.

On our store fact sheet, it list us as a test store on the first page for "no outs research" and gives a POC from someone at Corp. So I don't think it is a regional test. I've been meaning to go on Sharepoint and search for any info on it.

As for AP - three years ago, we came out of our 2010 August inventory missing $750K against a $14 million in sales that year. We were way above the 2% allowed. We were told we were the worst store for shrink/loss east of the Mississippi. ETL-AP gets fired and new guy comes in and reduces it to less than a $100K against $18 million so well under the allowed goal for the past two years. He basically looks at this report once a week and notes which items he wants to follow up on and gets back to me in a week or two when he wants me to change the counts. everything else gets RSCH'd down at the end of each week.

Scanning without your task list removes alot of filters built in to help your accuracy(like zeroing out a current truck or autofill)

- Can you walk me through how the type of RSCH we are doing effects this? What do you mean by zeroing out a truck?

The task list will not allow you to change counts on any product received on a truck within the last 3 days. So if it mis-stocked or not backstocked yet, the system will treat the scan as normal(to the user) but it will not change the OH.

Sorry about the sarcasm CIHYVS. I know Super Targets that scan their dairy section like your doing your whole store. But their not concerned about the shortage implications since the product is volatile(you will be chucking it as out of date), they are more concerned about keeping the section full. So their theory is simply that changing a count to zero for merchandise you actually have is not shortage, its ordering more merchandise. They want to ignore filters so they use SAR to do that. They hit the drastic count prompt and hit "Yes" and its on the next FDC truck.

The task list will not allow you to change counts on any product received on a truck within the last 3 days. So if it mis-stocked or not backstocked yet, the system will treat the scan as normal(to the user) but it will not change the OH.

This. It's a CYA for the logistics team because you know they're not gonna finish everything, especially this time of year.

It is acceptable to do RSCH in stand alone and obviously you will get a drastic count report if you do not confirm. It is actullay best practice to do RSCH in stand alone if the numbers don't drop for the task list. My advise is this: when it comes to the drastic count report, if you are not sure of a high dollar item's OH due to unpushed freight, backstock, zone whatever...enter the OH (to get it off the report) and keep an eye on that item. I wait 5 days on items I am unsure on. If the OH is the same by then I adjust it. You have 6 days before the item falls off the report and is counted as not worked. I exf areas I get hits on if it is a recently set planogram. I have yet to screw up accumulator.

If I hit above 8%, I will be get a PDD. That's been verbally communicated to me. So I try to watch the numbers and hit as close as I can to 7% by the end of each week.
This doesn't really make sense, since if you guys are scanning the store and 8% or more is in the backroom, it's not really your fault. It's the FLOW process not stocking correctly, the zone being really bad, or CAF pushers not pushing correctly that's causing the high numbers. You can't really control that, and you having high numbers should put more pressure on them to fix those issues. Not cause you to not do your job to avoid them getting fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back