Archived When is too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an grad degree and work at a store as a sales floor team member.I would like to be a team lead. I do not want to disclose my age, but how is too old to start climbing the ladder at Targer? I have lots of retail exp. including dept mgr/csm experience at Walmart. I have heard there is a propensity to hire straight out of college grads, but I am a few years removed from then and got my grad degree months ago. Is this true of team leads?

Yep if you already have management experience you would have been better off applying directly for a TL position. My store recently hired a GSTL with only 3 months of prior mgmt experience so I'd say you're a shoe-in.

Are you talking about and TL, STL or ETL spot? ETL do tend be straight out college so they can pay them much less than somebody with experience. The real question will be what needs their are in your district. Even with all the position cuts turn over is pretty high with people skipping out on a sinking ship so something should be open. It would have been much easier to higher straight in though.

Go for ETL or Sr. TL if you have a degree its more pay and better control on your schedule of your team. Might have to quit then reapply in 3 to 6 months if you dont wanna go through devlopment for TL

I'd,say too old is when you have gotten to that point in your life when you can't take shit from people while standing there with a big smile on your face.
When the governor on your mouth starts to slip and you find yourself politely telling people that their concept of management has as much in common with reality as Independence Day does with actually infecting a computer with a virus, then maybe you've gotten too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back