Archived When should I expect a callback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
I apologize for asking this question, as I realize it's likely been answered ad nauseum on this forum, but I did want a few extra opinions. I'm a recent hire at Target. I was interviewed yesterday for a cashier position and offered the job on the spot by HR at a starting wage of $8.25. I took the drug test immediately afterward. I don't do any drugs but I did have a bagel full of poppy seeds that morning, which worries me a lot now that I've discovered this can lead to a false positive on the test. I have anxiety so this bothers me greatly. Supposing I failed the test, would I get any sort of callback? If I passed the test, when should I expect HR to call for orientation?

Thanks in advance. :)

They may be waiting to get a couple more people or more hours for training.
Like HLM said give them a call.

Welcome to The Break Room.

It's only been a day, though. Wouldn't it be too early to call? Shouldn't I give it like a week?

Drug tests now are way more sophisticated than that...one bagel with poppy seeds isn't going to produce a false positive anymore. That said, it will be a couple of days before Spot gets the results and then they have to schedule orientation which could be in a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

Welcome aboard!

Drug test results can take 3-5 business days. Wait a week

The lady at the test center told me 48 hours at most.

The test center may get them in 48 hours. Your store probably wont get the results until 3-5 business days. So if you went yesterday then call on friday morning or on Monday. My call back was definitely at the end of the estimate.

I apologize for asking this question, as I realize it's likely been answered ad nauseum on this forum, but I did want a few extra opinions. I'm a recent hire at Target. I was interviewed yesterday for a cashier position and offered the job on the spot by HR at a starting wage of $8.25. I took the drug test immediately afterward. I don't do any drugs but I did have a bagel full of poppy seeds that morning, which worries me a lot now that I've discovered this can lead to a false positive on the test. I have anxiety so this bothers me greatly. Supposing I failed the test, would I get any sort of callback? If I passed the test, when should I expect HR to call for orientation?

Thanks in advance. :)

I believe Target is legally required to inform you of a failed test. I also believe you have the option to claim a false positive and take a second test at your expense.
Edit: looks like regulation varies by state. Couldn't find anything about the 2nd test. I swear I read that somewhere at spot... Anyway you won't have to worry about that. I got my call after 3 or 4 days.

Last edited:
I got my orientation e-mail (the one I was told to ignore, but still pretty good news) this morning.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.

My condolences.
Most run screaming into the night but only after a few weeks.
The anti-union video is hilarious tho....
Cmon now... they gonna be a cashier.. that position only is truely effected by guests and how they are.. depending on area that could be good or bad.. not saying cashiers have it easy but honestly out of all other job codes.. cashier is easiest for my store

I was interviewed twice on 5/15 at target and was offered a job. I did the drug test early the next morning and was told to ignore an email about orientation instead I would receive a call about it. It is now 5/31 and still have not received a call. I called last week and was told that all my paperwork was fine to just wait for the call. I was wondering if this was normal or did they just not decide not hire me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back