Where’s my ICQa training?

Depal teammate and myself interviewed for backup ICQA back in November. We got the position I got 3 days of training then never sent back to back up. He has not been trained yet. Wtf. I’m on a record streak of not communicating with my om…lol…I care but not really.. just wondering if they just scrapped the idea of backups or if this is happening at other dcs ?

Backups still exist. Technically I beleive you are supposed to be flexed over at least once in a while to maintain training. Might just want to talk to the Training OM to make sure you are being kept up to speed with ICQA.

Did you and/or the other TM express any interest in the trainer role?
If you did, they may be holding out until that’s figured out. I know I wouldn’t want to dump a bunch of time into training someone just for them to get a position where they can’t be a backup anymore.

Disappear Homer Simpson GIF
learning something new that is less physical was my plan.
I’m good with being invisible again. I like working damage’….

At my facility, we acquired many new ICQA TMs and backups at the beginning of Q2 last year. Some of those backups literally never got trained even for one day. Since then, some of them changed keys and now we have to bring in some new backups all over again.

Hal said it best. Depends on business needs. Every facility's situation is unique, unfortunately.

To give an answer to your final question, though, we are not scrapping backups here. We are actually utilizing them more and not approving OT at the moment with the new fiscal year starting.

If you were maxed out on the ww progression scale, count your blessings. To my knowledge backups still get the lvl 2 merit pay even though they are rarely ever needed.

i wasn’t expecting merritt pay. my om told me i was going to be back up next week.. i think because someone from b2 that came to my key cried to the boss about not being able to do the job function i usually do. Hey i’ll take merritt pay tho …

i wasn’t expecting merritt pay. my om told me i was going to be back up next week.. i think because someone from b2 that came to my key cried to the boss about not being able to do the job function i usually do. Hey i’ll take merritt pay tho …
Exactly, you can continue getting raises up until $33 while still staying in depal. Sounds like a win to me.

ack i’m confused! when i was training for 3 days in november i didn’t get merit pay?

ack i’m confused! when i was training for 3 days in november i didn’t get merit pay?

If you actually interviewed through HR and your department and accepted the offer your pay should've switched to merit. I personally know a girl who got backup problem solver she trained for 2 weeks on another shift and she said she was changed to merit.

According to the old back-up policy you only got a bump if you made less than what the merit pay range started at and required you to be working as a backup for one full pay period. Merit-2 starts at $18 so most people don't get anything.

However back-up pay policies just got updated. I believe starting now its an extra 50 cents anytime you're in the role for more than half shift.

According to the old back-up policy you only got a bump if you made less than what the merit pay range started at and required you to be working as a backup for one full pay period. Merit-2 starts at $18 so most people don't get anything.

However back-up pay policies just got updated. I believe starting now its an extra 50 cents anytime you're in the role for more than half shift.

We were told this. You only get the bump when you're in the function. Not while you're in depal.

Back