Archived Where are the cut in hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instocks hours seem to be dropping weekly. Many of our hours were given to the grocery team. It's sort of funny since we are still doing their RIGs, research, and pulling those batches for them. Phase 2 RFID scans started, but still only one scanner. The MPG list of d-codes has never had so much in the backroom. Domestics, dry market, pets, plastics, electronics and toys have so many empty spots you'd think we were going out of business. Oh well.

I feel a lot better knowing that it wasn't just me. I just dont like how the hours have to go to grocery or flow.

I just looked at my hours when I arrived to work.

My hours were reduced a few in two weeks.

That's good but I would have preferred to have them cut a few more hours.

Post a shift on the swap book!

I am trying to avoid using the swap book as long as possible. That way when I really need to use it, I don't have a track record of using it just in case no one wants the shift I write in.

I would have preferred they shorten the shifts they gave me. Instead of giving me a 7 hours shift, give me a 5 hour shift. Then give the extra 2 hours to the person who is working before/after my shift.

I am trying to avoid using the swap book as long as possible. That way when I really need to use it, I don't have a track record of using it just in case no one wants the shift I write in.

I would have preferred they shorten the shifts they gave me. Instead of giving me a 7 hours shift, give me a 5 hour shift. Then give the extra 2 hours to the person who is working before/after my shift.

Swap Book is your friend! You will likely have an easier time getting rid of a whole shift, than trying to work with the few folks that start either before or after one of your shifts.

There were times when I was giving away my Sunday closing shift pretty much weekly. I didn't want to close on Sundays, but was told my availability needed to include closing on 2 of the 3 weekend nights. I usually have plans on Saturday nights, so I had to list Sunday. Just kept giving it away it away. No one ever said a word about it. Keep in mind that if no one takes the shift, it's still YOURS.

I'm in a 6 hr. state, and my store loves to schedule a 5.75 hr. shifts. I personally am not as guest oriented by the end of that kind of shift with only a 15 minute break. My store insists it's not 'best practice' to schedule cashier for longer shifts, even though we get more/better breaks. So I feel your pain with having to work longer than you are comfortable.

This is a popular HR trick although in my 5 hour state, and we do 4.5 instead of 4.75.

A 5.75 shift is better than getting scheduled for 6 right? I would rather go home then be forced to take a meal break

4.5 would be perfect for me. That extra hour just really wears me out. Honestly, I would prefer the 6 hour shift most days.

39 last week. 38.5 this week and they might approve OT bc we are so short-handed. I don't mind it; love the money and I'm used to working 50 hours a week at my previous job. Leadership is good at showing appreciation for coming in and working extra which is nice.

A 5.75 shift is better than getting scheduled for 6 right? I would rather go home then be forced to take a meal break

Doesn't really make a difference in pay to be scheduled for a 6 in my store. They only ever schedules a 6 if it's an accident, and when they do, most team members just clock out 10 or so minutes early instead of taking a meal. I hate 5-5.75s. I'm cool with 4s, 7s and 8s. Most of the time, I'm gonna be stuck at work an extra 30-45 minutes because of the bus schedule, anyway. On a day with a longer shift length, I would've taken a 15 and 30 by the time the 5th hour comes around. I think I/my body got used to that sorta rest schedule and I still haven't adjusted to all the 5.5 and 5.75 shifts.

Half the people in my store take longer "15 minute" breaks when they're scheduled 5-6 hours, though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back