Who’s ready?

• Thread starter Targetanon1
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 5K

Do you want someone to represent you? Do you favor a union?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally over 90% of TMs are against a union. Lol. I mean, can we consider this conversation settled already?

I think we all have terrible days at work, we feel overworked and under appreciated... but Spot has actually been pretty good to me for the three years I've been there. There have been a few mishaps and leadership isn't always the best, but if feel like your job is ALWAYS like that, you need a change. It's either leadership and/or you.

No. I do not want to be forced into a union, and be forced to fork over my paycheck for mandatory fees. There’s no reason to have a union anyway. As much crap I’ll give Target sometimes, for one reason for another, there’s very few places I’d consider working over this company. Target already does quite a bit for its employees, and creating the headache that is a union (which often does more harm than good) is completely and utterly unnecessary.

Anybody who understands the principles of organizing knows that you do it at the local level.
You have to be a TM, get the people together on the store level, get union backing and then move on to the next store.
Trying to do it from the top down is not going to work.
My grandfather was an organizer for the IWW.
He would go to work in the area they wanted to organize, one they knew was in horrible shape.
He would get to know the people, their needs, their wants, and educate them about the IWW.
This would include talking about what the union dues were for, what a tiny percentage of your paycheck they are compared to what you get for them, the structure involved for representation, how you can vote to get the representation you want, how it is your union.
Once enough people were behind them the union would come in.
Once things were set up, he would move on.

You can talk about the value of a union here but you aren't going to be able to organize, not like that.
Go to your local union, most of them have classes on how to organize.

I belong to a union in my current job and believe heavily in them.
This country wouldn't be where it is without them.
However, if you want to organize Target this isn't the way to go about it.

Last edited:
I'll say it like this - unions have their place. Target isn't one of them for many reasons. You know that flexibility we cherish to gain hours? Gone. The ability to take time off and use yourh as we do? Gone as well. My cousin is a steward in his union and he hates it. So much entitlement and bickering between both sides and nothing can get done because of it.

2 of the 6 yes votes came from the OP and Commie. 2 people that don't even work for Target.

gather round kids, it's story time. My old man was in a union for 37 years and had a blast for about the first 25 or so. Sometime between then and now they decided to go full HURP DURP and the jig was officially up in 2008 when it had become a sort of imperial cult like the Roman emperors used to have...think union goons handing out pamphlets and asking with hushed reverence, "Do you have a moment to listen to the words of our lord and savior Barack Hussein Obama (peace be upon him)?" My dad is what you might call a Fox News aficionado and he made the mistake of uttering heresy in their presence, so you can imagine what happened after that. He's got all sorts of dank stories about his time at that company but the funniest was probably getting the stinkeye from a 400 lb. union steward with resting coma-face for refusing to recant his heresy and return to the good graces of their Messiah. While all the relentless political nonsense was going on they of course didn't have any spare time left over to do their fucking job and negotiate more raises as inflation was starting to do a number on his wages. Definitely sounds like my idea of a good time, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back