Archived Who exactly makes the schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read on this forum that if you request time-off it's best to let who ever makes the schedule know in person so you'll be sure that they'll acknowledge it, but who exactly makes the schedule? As far as i've read it's your TL, but that's hard to believe since so many people work a ton of different departments.

I don't think it's always your TL. Not at my store, anyway. I was scheduled until midnight one shift during the week of Christmas then had to open at seven in the morning the next day and my TL was furious because she'd never schedule us like that.

ASANTS.
Some stores (& depts) have their schedules done by the ETL, some by the TL.
TLs did the schedules for checklanes, SB & FA at my store because they were usually closer to the TMs & knew particulars about each one.

Our schedule is mostly written by HR. For the smaller specialty teams, their respective TLs write their schedules.

It depends on your store and what work center you are in. All of the backroom and SFS scheduling is done by our BRTL. The GSA and Service Desk schedules are done by our ETL-GE, not sure about the cashier schedules though.

At my store the TLs do the schedules for logistics and then the ETL will sometime double check it. If you want to ask for time off, I would suggest talking to your TL first, because if they are alright with it they will usually tell you to put it in the comments of your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back