Archived Who is allowed to boss me around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Maybe it's just me (and IDGAF what certain TLs say,) but I wouldn't follow a different department's TLs "directives." Then again, we have some who are on power trips and just want to see how far they can assert their "authority." An ETL, maybe, but that's even questionable. It doesn't matter anyway, since I won't be a "Target employee" much longer....

With that attitude it's no surprise why you won't be with the company much longer, nor will anyone at your store or any other organization want you there. Like someone said earlier it's not a matter of being told what to do or feeling like someone can't tell you what to do but actually just getting along and not burning bridges. You'd be surprised how detrimental to your target reputation another TL can be. Smh....

With that attitude it's no surprise why you won't be with the company much longer, nor will anyone at your store or any other organization want you there. Like someone said earlier it's not a matter of being told what to do or feeling like someone can't tell you what to do but actually just getting along and not burning bridges. You'd be surprised how detrimental to your target reputation another TL can be. Smh....

Umm...she's pharmacy. If other TLs are telling her what to do, then they are crazy. Most people know just to leave them all alone.

The LODs at my store make some of the techs zone in front of the pharmacy when they're slow lol
LOL.

Wouldn't fly in my store. The only time the LOD has authority over a pharmacy TM is when you have a normal TM doing backup cashier/relief work in pharmacy. I was a photo TM at the time, and I was pharmacy trained. They were getting slammed, so I came to help. Eventually the LOD called over and said to send me back to photo because it was getting slammed.

I "get along" fine with most of the ETLs & TLs in my store & am well respected. I "won't be a Target employee" much longer because I will be a CVS employee, it has nothing to do with my attitude.

Umm...she's pharmacy. If other TLs are telling her what to do, then they are crazy. Most people know just to leave them all alone.
Thank you!

The LODs at my store make some of the techs zone in front of the pharmacy when they're slow lol
We are never "slow," so that wouldn't happen...

Come to my store and try working in the pharmacy and you'll see why I have the attitude I have. We've been treated like the "red headed stepchildren" of the store the entire time I've worked there. We are RARELY included in ANY "store-wide" incentives, huddles, TL meetings, etc. They ask us to jump and we are supposed to ask "how high?" yet when we ask for something from them (supplies, change, etc.), we're treated like an inconvenience or flat out denied. So sorry if I sound like a bitch, but if they want my respect, they need to treat me with some as well. Respect is earned.

Come to my store and try working in the pharmacy and you'll see why I have the attitude I have. We've been treated like the "red headed stepchildren" of the store the entire time I've worked there. We are RARELY included in ANY "store-wide" incentives, huddles, TL meetings, etc. They ask us to jump and we are supposed to ask "how high?" yet when we ask for something from them (supplies, change, etc.), we're treated like an inconvenience or flat out denied. So sorry if I sound like a bitch, but if they want my respect, they need to treat me with some as well. Respect is earned.
That's how I feel about my work center. Pharmacy gets recognized more than Starbucks does in my store. We are the legit red-headed step child of Target. We don't wear the team colors, represent a different brand but we are Target team members.

That's how I feel about my work center. Pharmacy gets recognized more than Starbucks does in my store. We are the legit red-headed step child of Target. We don't wear the team colors, represent a different brand but we are Target team members.
Starbucks is even included more at mine than we are. It's sad that the stores are so divided. :(

Perfect example....I called for change today for one of our registers today at 1 pm. We were literally down to ones, quarters, dimes, and nickels (and a $50.) Called again over the walkie around 2. Around 2:30, traded the $50 for A $20, a $10, & 4-$5s from the other register. Called for the change AGAIN at 3 after the 2nd register was down to only a couple $5s & $10s. They finally brought it for the FIRST register around 4....they still hadn't brought the 2nd/3rd round when I left at 6! Also had to go steal register tape from an unused lane because we ran out & nobody would give us any.

Preach.
We were always treated like out-landers unless they needed a favor then suddenly we were BFFs o_O

At my store, pharmacy isolates themselves and refuses to grab a walkie.

Starbucks will grab one, but they never acknowledge it, so there's no point.

Our SB doesn't get a walkie. We're far too short for them to need a walkie. If they need something, they can the GSTL cordless phone with the phone either at SB or in Food Ave.

Our SB doesn't get a walkie. We're far too short for them to need a walkie. If they need something, they can the GSTL cordless phone with the phone either at SB or in Food Ave.

Walkies cost $12. Your store needs to order more walkies.

PDA's and myDevices being limited is one thing, but the walkies are cheap, every TM should have one except cashiers. Food Ave should have one. Starbucks should have one. Service desk should have at least one.

At my store, pharmacy isolates themselves and refuses to grab a walkie.

Starbucks will grab one, but they never acknowledge it, so there's no point.
The ONLY time we get one is if there are "extra" ones available. We used to have one for which we just switched the battery, but were told, "other areas need it more than you do," so we had to give it back. The same with a PDA....we usually just check In our orders manually because "other departments need them more than we do," so we aren't even ALLOWED to "check one out." I had to do a return the other day & checked one out & within (no exaggeration) 10 minutes, an ETL was at the pharmacy asking if we "really NEEDED the PDA." I did our return as fast as possible so the other department could have it. Even then, the ETL came over twice while I was DOING the return to ask for it! THEN, when I was done, I took it back to the cabinet to check it back in and there were THREE on the chargers! I took a walkie off the base & called the ETL to tell her we were done with it & she asked me to "find X TM & give it to him..." I responded that it was in the cabinet "along with the other PDAs if TM still needed it." Sorry, but I'm not about to chase down a TM when there are MULTIPLE PDAs available if they just take the time to walk to the damn office! It turned out the TM who "needed it" was actually on his meal anyway....AND already HAD one!

Walkies cost $12. Your store needs to order more walkies.

PDA's and myDevices being limited is one thing, but the walkies are cheap, every TM should have one except cashiers. Food Ave should have one. Starbucks should have one. Service desk should have at least one.
this is what I don't get....half of our cashiers will have one when they're scheduled AS cashiers for their ENTIRE shift, but we can't have one in pharmacy???

Wow...our pharmacy team has a PDA that they keep over there and just change out the battery.

Wow...our pharmacy team has a PDA that they keep over there and just change out the battery.
The other store I work at does as well. We are lucky if we get to use one to check in our orders. We used to have a walkie that we just changed out the battery, but that was taken away from us as well, because "other departments needed it more than we did." Now if we need something, we have to call the operator and have her call for someone on HER walkie...

...Just out of respect I want to stay because I don't want to leave my ETL-AP out to dry when she really needs me most

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I feel this sentiment might be the reason ALOT of people stay working for Spot. I know, at my store, there are at least a dozen TMs that would quit in a heartbeat, but don't because they don't want to leave someone (a TL or another TM) in the lurch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back