Archived Who is allowed to boss me around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "favorite" SrTL came to the pharmacy today and asked if we could help zone because she had someone quit and another person call off so she was short handed. No, sorry, that's "Target's problem, we're CVS." ;)
I would be careful. If you need a change a request the SR. TL could say something like "that's CVS's problem"

We had a cashier who ran out of bills to give a guest change. Someone called out over the walkie to the LOD that she needed change, knowing full well I was on break (because, you know, I called it out). The LOD responded and asked me to do it. I responded saying I could do it when I got back from my break. Seven minutes later, I came back from my break with the cashier still standing there with their drawer open waiting for change with a pissed off guest who just wanted to get her money and leave.

So no, our LODs aren't getting change for anyone for any reason.

As AP you are still technically a TM... Therefor any TL can give you direction. But again communication is key.

That TL better get authorization from the AP-ETL to give any AP team member direction. The only reason a TL or anyone else needs to give "direction" to AP is to ask for help with an issue or to inform ap of an issue that the TL can't resolve. As AP you are to remain outside the chain of the "general merchandising" members and operations of the store and be totally autonomous. That's not to say AP can't provide assistance outside of the AP area, but unless it comes from the DTL, STL, APBP or the AP-ETL your responsibility is according to AP directives and only 4 people in the district can modify them.

Maybe they were being "smart" since they never really finish all their tasks...
Haha. I guess. It honestly doesn't happen much. Sometimes around BTS and Xmas. It's definitely not a regular thing. I never really thought about it before.

AP tasks are never completed. Even the ETL-AP can't direct a TPS to do a non AP task
I'm not sure who would override an ETL-AP if he gives an APTM a task other than a specific AP task, especially because a lot of the tasks intertwine with other workcenters. AP is extremely important, but a lot of STLs will put the immediate needs of the store before basic AP tasks.

I'm not sure who would override an ETL-AP if he gives an APTM a task other than a specific AP task, especially because a lot of the tasks intertwine with other workcenters. AP is extremely important, but a lot of STLs will put the immediate needs of the store before basic AP tasks.
The APBP would.

APBP is not in the direct chain of command. It's more common that a different ETL would pull them for a non-AP task, though.

Saying ETLs can be coached for telling AP TMs to do non-AP stuff is pretty exaggerated. Let's not get crazy here.

And the APBP actually sits below the STL as far as the totem pole is concerned. They are a resource and that's it. The STL can and will go above them if needed.

Saying ETLs can be coached for telling AP TMs to do non-AP stuff is pretty exaggerated. Let's not get crazy here.

And the APBP actually sits below the STL as far as the totem pole is concerned. They are a resource and that's it. The STL can and will go above them if needed.
Do your ETLs make you do push in plain clothes? I feel like that would be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back