Who recently quit at your store?

My store just lost 2 cashiers and a GSA. But we’ve been hiring a lot so the spots should fill up soon

Our flow team is down to like 8 people, nine if you count the Flow TL. That means since the move to $12/hour we lost 2/3 of our flow team. The backroom is overrun with backed up push from trucks (generally getting 4 a week, each in the neighborhood of 1500-2000 pieces) and more backstock than anyone can handle. (Doesn’t help that out backroom team is down to 3 people, 4 if you count the Backroom TL.) Oh, and the entire beauty team quit so A had pallets of push sitting everywhere and the zone looks like poo.

Just to add on.

Another SFS TM leaving soon for better opportunities. We went from 12 people this time last year to 3 people. One SFS recently took over receiving primarily, until their opportunity elsewhere comes up, then will be gone. Also, since POG team is barely on its feet, another tenured just finished their final shift.

This is getting ridiculous and challenging to keep covering for everyone. Just smile and keep going.

We're getting gutted. We have two TMs in electronics (myself, a rehire from another store, and a new hire who's smart and hard working but already looking for a new job), an electronics TL who's terrible and apparently chases TMs off, and two crosstrained Hardlines TMs, one of whom is too jaded to give a shit. Hardlines is barely staffed and just had 3 people put in notice, logistics 4, and I don't even know what's going on in the front. My whole time here, I've only ever seen two cart attendants, too.

More people are gone from soft lines, they’ve been sending cashiers over to learn to push reshop and table push in rtw during slow times lol.

Etl salesfloor came in just to quit a week ago. No two weeks, just gone. She was great, though. She deserves better than target

STL is retiring. He seems young. Must be getting the F out before the real shit show begins (not that the last 6 months haven’t been really bad...).

Our backroom team is pretty sparse and flow is hardly present. What POG team?

The last of beauty just put in their two weeks over something they ended up calling the integrity hotline about, along with another hardlines team member that had a similar issue and also called the hotline.

A long-time ETL abruptly quit at our store.
He was 'ok', not disliked but not popular either.
A TL I spoke with said he'd seen too many execs give notice only to be walked out so he decided to beat them to the punch.

The last of beauty just put in their two weeks over something they ended up calling the integrity hotline about, along with another hardlines team member that had a similar issue and also called the hotline.
Do I smell some spicy drama with a side of terrible management?

Our VM went AWOL last week, unfortunately. Nobody could find her for hours & she's NCNS'd 3 shifts in a row. Sucks because she was pretty good.

We had a kid try to quit when he heard the APTL call him into the booking room. LOD just laughed. Kid got the walk of shame for letting his friends steal from the store, making himself gift cards just because, HR policy violations, and more. Good riddance, he was obnoxious.

Three of the new hires that were supposed to be in my workcenter quit after their orientation. They basically saw how bad the situation at the store was and changed their mind about whether they could deal with it. Can’t say I blame them.

Just found out half the flow team quit. HR was calling a bunch of TMs to help out until replacements can be on boarded. Feel bad for the remaining flow TMs who are expected to do the work load anyway with temporary TMs, many of who have never even done reshop.

Had a cashier trainee on a register in training mode his first day.
He was looking rather pale & sweaty so I asked if he was okay.
He said "I don't think I can do this...." so I called the ETL-HR over & he was discharged within the hour.

Just found out half the flow team quit. HR was calling a bunch of TMs to help out until replacements can be on boarded. Feel bad for the remaining flow TMs who are expected to do the work load anyway with temporary TMs, many of who have never even done reshop.
Just like mine. Don't have a pure unload or flow team. The team that unloads the truck also has to push it. They are usually not scheduled past 11 am on average.

Sadly our few good softlines team members and electronic team members have left. Some backroom people left, so a bunch of cashiers are doing sfs and there are rumors of just about everyone else leaving. Pretty much everyone is looking to move on, but me (I’m in school and my store has been sooooo flexible with me) and a few vets.

Back